OSMO Mobile 2 and Pixel XL will only record 720p
13601 13 2018-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pk0327
lvl.1
Thailand

Using the DJI GO app, the video quality will only record in 720p. When I go to the settings it only shows "Auto" and will not allow me to change that setting for video resolution. Pixel XL can record in 4K. Why do the videos only record in 720p?

Pixel XL Android Version: 8.1
DJI GO Version: v3.1.30(679_go3_googleplay)

2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The resolution can be changed definitely, may I have a screenshot of the resolution in your mobile phone?
2018-5-2
Use props
Pk0327
lvl.1
Thailand

Tapping the "Normal / Auto" icon does nothing. On an iphone, touching that will allow you to change recording resolution. On my Pixel XL, touching that button does nothing. The resolution of the camera recording is locked.

Other settings menu has no option for setting recording resolution.

Why is the android version of the app so bad compared to iphone version? Pixel XL is a STOCK GOOGLE PHONE. It has Android OS directly from Google with no modifications or skinning. Support for that phone should be the easiest.
2018-5-2
Use props
Pk0327
lvl.1
Thailand

Apologies, the last post was incorrect.

In the Settings under Camera, there should be an option for Video Resolution, as appears in iOS app. In my android DJi GO app, that setting does not exist. See screen capture below.

2018-5-2
Use props
kbm79
lvl.3
France

Tap the Camera Icon (on the right); the video resolution is within the menu, 4K can be selected.
It works for me - Samsung S7.
2018-5-2
Use props
Raging Jorge
New
Flight distance : 2021 ft
Canada

Exact same issue using my Pixel XL and DJI Go app.  To get around this issue I am forced to switch over the the camera app on the phone and start the 4K video recording from there.  Gimbal control still works fine.  Is DJI addressing this issue?  
2018-8-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Raging Jorge Posted at 2018-8-12 06:02
Exact same issue using my Pixel XL and DJI Go app.  To get around this issue I am forced to switch over the the camera app on the phone and start the 4K video recording from there.  Gimbal control still works fine.  Is DJI addressing this issue?

Hi, sorry that our DJI Go app is not yet optimized with 4k resolution with the devices that have capable of recording 4k on the stock camera, however, we keep monitoring this concern so that we could inform you right away if there's an update with this issue.
2018-8-12
Use props
djiuser_fVDFmx3LJsbB
lvl.1

From your first picture click on the camera botton on right side then u get option to change the resolution.i am also using pixel 2xl.it
2018-8-12
Use props
Raging Jorge
New
Flight distance : 2021 ft
Canada

djiuser_fVDFmx3LJsbB Posted at 2018-8-12 19:52
From your first picture click on the camera botton on right side then u get option to change the resolution.i am also using pixel 2xl.it

DJI Go app allows 4K recording with Pixel 2 phones.  It doesn't work with the original Pixel.  
2018-8-13
Use props
BALGIM
New

United Kingdom

Hi, why can't the DJI app source the max video resolution from all Android phones (like most camera apps can)? I have a Samsung Note 4, which can also capture 4K video but DJI only allows me to pick 720P. I can't go higher or lower than this. Is there anyway around this? Like an alternative third party app with similar functionality?
2018-11-22
Use props
travelingmacco
New

United States

If you click the camera icon, it would pull up the resolutions. I have the Samsung S8 and it records in 4k resolution through the app. Happy New Year everyone.
2018-12-31
Use props
h6khan
New
United Kingdom

same probem with me i have oneplus 6t please dji fix this issue here otherwise its just waist
2019-1-11
Use props
fans5cb5d32a
New

Norway

Same with me, I have OnePlus 6 and I can only film in 720p and when I go to regular camera app I can use 4k
2020-2-27
Use props
djiuser_2TI7ilhhmofg
New

India

For android phones tap on the camera icon and from there select the resolution,  works on my Samsung S10 plus.
2020-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules