Black image from camera
5847 21 2018-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JanickGers
lvl.1
Italy

Hello there,
I'm new to drones, I have a issue with my brand new Mavic Pro: on DJI GO 4 App I can't see any image from the camera, all other things work properly: I can fly the drone, move gimbal and every thing, but image is black and I can't take picture of videos at all.
The strange thing is that yesterday evening, after firmware update to latest version, I was able to see through the camera.
Drone and controller are updated to latest version of firmware.
I tried to downgrade to V01.04.0200 with no luck.
I've seen so many problem like this on the forum, I hope it will be not necessary to send drone to DJI.

I have latest version of app and a Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus.

Thanks in advance.
2018-5-1
Use props
integer
First Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

what phone are you using?
2018-5-1
Use props
JanickGers
lvl.1
Italy

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus, tried Motorola Moto G5 Plus and same result.
Any suggestions?
2018-5-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Have you tried to refresh the firmware, after that do a camera reset, gimble recal and imu recal, this should fix the issues
2018-5-1
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Have you or can you check camera settings!  Sounds like you might have inadvertantly dialed down exposure compensation on your controller
2018-5-1
Use props
JanickGers
lvl.1
Italy

Hello M2Wair, here a screenshot of the app, I don't see wrong exposure parameters Screenshot_2018-05-01-15-53-30-898_dji.go.v4.png

- Have you tried to refresh the firmware, after that do a camera reset, gimble recal and imu recal, this should fix the issues

I updated to latest firmware and done as suggested but I can't still see camera image on app, pictures and video not taken nor saved.

I'm pretty discuraged.
2018-5-1
Use props
JanickGers
lvl.1
Italy

Tried with Sony Xperia X F5121, still no image from camera.
2018-5-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Originally...
No live video feed.  
All photos taken are black.  
All video recorded is black.  

But after installing latest version of firmware you can see live video feed.  
But you still can't take photos or videos.

Is that a correct summary?
2018-5-1
Use props
JanickGers
lvl.1
Italy

Uhm nope, maybe I've not explained too well, sorry for my english.
I updated firmware yesterday evening and I had live video feed, this morning no video feed and no photo or video taken even if I ear a shutter sound from the app.
BTW I contacted DJI by live chat and the told me I need to send drone to investigate problem, I'm in contact with the seller I bought from for a RMA.
2018-5-1
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

JanickGers Posted at 2018-5-1 06:08
Hello M2Wair, here a screenshot of the app, I don't see wrong exposure parameters[view_image]

That doesn't look good at all.   Did you try uninstalling DJI go4 and reinstalling the app, if not try doing so.
2018-5-1
Use props
JanickGers
lvl.1
Italy

M2Wair Posted at 2018-5-1 11:57
That doesn't look good at all.   Did you try uninstalling DJI go4 and reinstalling the app, if not try doing so.

Sure, tried uninstalling and reinstalling app from scratch with no results.
Tried on three different devices without success.
2018-5-1
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

JanickGers Posted at 2018-5-1 12:00
Sure, tried uninstalling and reinstalling app from scratch with no results.
Tried on three different devices without success.

I would return it for replacement as soon as possible. Let us know how you get on.
2018-5-1
Use props
JanickGers
lvl.1
Italy

M2Wair Posted at 2018-5-1 12:08
I would return it for replacement as soon as possible. Let us know how you get on.

I already asked for a replacement, I hope there will be no problems; if I'll have a brand new Mavic Pro I'll be afraid to upgrade firmware again, even if I'm not sure if the problem depends from that since it seems an hardware problem to me.
I'll let you know how it will end, thanks for the support!
2018-5-1
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Did you use DJI assistant 2 when you tried to downgrade?
If not, try that.
2018-5-1
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43845 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you reset the camera settings? You may be in manual mode and if the ISO is set to 100 and there is not enough light, then it could be the reason why the screen is black. My 2 cents.
2018-5-1
Use props
nnote
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1358048 ft
United States

Ya, I would say check to make sure your ISO is correct. Might even take a few pictures and see if they exist with an image on the Mavic's SD card. If so then it doesn't point to the aircraft, but the remote or phone.
2018-5-1
Use props
JanickGers
lvl.1
Italy

FlyDK Posted at 2018-5-1 13:30
Did you use DJI assistant 2 when you tried to downgrade?
If not, try that.

Yes except for the first upgrade I did by the app.
The following downgrade and upgrade has been done with DJI Assistant
2018-5-1
Use props
JanickGers
lvl.1
Italy

IceBox-Murdock Posted at 2018-5-1 14:55
Have you reset the camera settings? You may be in manual mode and if the ISO is set to 100 and there is not enough light, then it could be the reason why the screen is black. My 2 cents.

Yep I tried both auto and manual mode, changing exposure, ISO and everything but it didn't work.
2018-5-1
Use props
JanickGers
lvl.1
Italy

nnote Posted at 2018-5-1 15:27
Ya, I would say check to make sure your ISO is correct. Might even take a few pictures and see if they exist with an image on the Mavic's SD card. If so then it doesn't point to the aircraft, but the remote or phone.

Yet tried, no pictures or video is saved on SD Card.
2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

JanickGers Posted at 2018-5-1 13:19
I already asked for a replacement, I hope there will be no problems; if I'll have a brand new Mavic Pro I'll be afraid to upgrade firmware again, even if I'm not sure if the problem depends from that since it seems an hardware problem to me.
I'll let you know how it will end, thanks for the support!

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help. Hope everything will be fine soon, thanks!
2018-5-5
Use props
JanickGers
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-5 23:40
Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help. Hope everything will be fine soon, thanks!

Hi, thanks for your kind reply.
I would like to know where to send my Mavic for assistance since I live in Italy.
Do I should send it to the nearest assistance center? (Austria).
2018-5-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

JanickGers Posted at 2018-5-5 23:53
Hi, thanks for your kind reply.
I would like to know where to send my Mavic for assistance since I live in Italy.
Do I should send it to the nearest assistance center? (Austria).

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Please kindly contact our support to start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support. Thanks!
2018-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules