1554 9 2018-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans250a5a9a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 676686 ft
Sweden

Hello everyone,
i´ve upgraded my Spark a couple of weeks a go with a Mavic Pro.

I got this problem with filming with the Mavic, it stops recording after a while, sometimes after a coule of minutes or sometimes it works till I stop recordnig.
Most often it stops by it selfs.
Today I reinstalled the firmware to my Mavic Pro and RC and did a new test, efter 3 minutes I saw an error message on the RC. "SD ERROR".

I formated the memorycard in my Mavic, I cleared the cache and changed it to 8GB, I got over 90GB left on my iPhone 7Plus, restarted the phone before flying, closed every open app and put the phone in flight mode before taking off.
When I tried to take a panorama pic it takes a few pics and then it freezes for some seconds and then it came up "insufficient storage space. Cannot shoot panorama" on my phone.

I´ve never had this problem with my Spark and Im unsing the same memorycard in the Mavic.
2018-5-1
Use props
rent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
Russia

What's the brand and model of your card? Have you tried a different card?
2018-5-1
Use props
blajeans46
lvl.1
Sweden

rent Posted at 2018-5-1 09:49
What's the brand and model of your card? Have you tried a different card?

Thx for reply,
I´ve got a Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB.
No I´ve not tried another memorycard.
2018-5-1
Use props
rent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
Russia

I think the MP comes with a 16GB SD card. Could you try that one and see if the problem goes away?

Sandisk Extreme Pros are very good cards, but they could and do go bad on rare occasions.
2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, do you still keep the original SD card? It looks like the compatibility issue, please try to switch to the original one to verify.
2018-5-2
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

I'm curious, there are so many cards on the market nowadays, what would be the difference between an expensive card and a cheap card? Would it show in the video itself or it just would not work?
2018-5-3
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-5-3 01:45
I'm curious, there are so many cards on the market nowadays, what would be the difference between an expensive card and a cheap card? Would it show in the video itself or it just would not work?

The price difference has to do with speed, how fast the card can save data.  4K video at 100mbps is a lot of data, any slowdown causes a glitch in the video.  A fast card for panoramas is very nice too as you are taking 25 to 45 pictures very fast.  The fast they save the faster the drone can move on to the next pic.
2018-5-3
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2018-5-3 12:02
The price difference has to do with speed, how fast the card can save data.  4K video at 100mbps is a lot of data, any slowdown causes a glitch in the video.  A fast card for panoramas is very nice too as you are taking 25 to 45 pictures very fast.  The fast they save the faster the drone can move on to the next pic.

Thank you for that info.
2018-5-3
Use props
Tempostudio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1598878 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

Did you solve this problem? If so, how?
2019-2-20
Use props
blajeans46
lvl.1
Sweden

Tempostudio Posted at 2-20 11:40
Did you solve this problem? If so, how?

Yes, problem solved.
I think the issue was that pics and vids was saved to my iPhone directly and there for it couldn't handle the amount of data.
Changed it to not save directly to my iPhone and works just fine.
2019-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules