13524 38 2018-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SykkyB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466982 ft
Belarus

Hi All,

I've recently bought DJI MAvic AIr  and after activating/updating/reviewing tutorials/firmware start checking all it modes..
1st time both modes Wifi and from remote controller modes worked fine, but net time i'd like to use WIfi mode without remote controller, i start DJI go 4 app, select connect wireless,
powered up my MA, pressed reaer button for 4 seconds -2 beeps.. then scanned QR code in dji app --nothing -can't connect.. i tried manually find Mavic air SSID in the list -- nothing.. tried to add it manually --can\t connect..
linked back to remote --everything is fine.. againg 2 beeps and no wifi signal present.. checked on different mobile devices..

then i tried to do a full reset --9 seconds of holding rear button and 3 beeps , then 4 seconds- 2 beeps -- and voila wifi MavicAir- SSId is available and accepting connections.. and i can fly... but after power cycle my drone - without even linking it back to remote controller -jyust replace battery - power up - 2 beeps -- no wifi SIgnal again in the wifi lists...
reconnect using remote.. then agian 2 beeps no wifi..
only work around to do the full reset 3 beeps and then 2 beeps.. but this is not really comfortable for a 1000$ drone (
please advise how to fix this..
DJI GO app4 is the latest version
fMA/remote firmware also the latest
2018-5-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Have you tried refreshing firmware via assistant 2 on a pc
2018-5-1
Use props
SykkyB
lvl.2
Belarus

i\ve done this only usual way - rc-said new FW found and flashed it on MA.
how i can do this using assistant? need to downgrade 1st? or how?
2018-5-1
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft

I have the same problem. My drone does not show the wifi SSID since day 1. I use toconnect via the controller so I didn´t pay much more attention, but yesterday I tried to find it without the controller and when you scan the QR code...it goes nowhere. If I try to find the wifi in the surrounding ones...it´s not there.
2018-5-2
Use props
SykkyB
lvl.2
Belarus

I\m pretty sure this is Firmware issue, not sure if others are having it.. i need WiFI in some journeys for saving time and space in backpack..
Have you tried my workaround - hold button for 3 beeps then 4 beeps.. this should help --but for 1 time only..
Also have you tried contact DJI support ??
2018-5-3
Use props
Kingcor
lvl.1

Dominican Republic

I am having the same problem and I am on a trip to Dominican Republic but from the US. It worked fine for the first day but second day it kept popping up to update magic firmware to version v01.00.0300. After I did that, I have not been able to get the Mavic to even broadcast the SSID. I have tried each method for linking the remote and the cell phone separately. I have reset the password on wifi and no luck. I have also downloaded dj assistant 2 on my MacBook pro 2016 and I am able to connect the mavic and refresh firmware but I am unable to access any of the log data. It just keeps spinning in a circle when I go to that screen. I have refreshed the firmware twice now and no luck. I can't see the magic broadcast SSID from multiple devices, I am certain that this is the root of the problem. Any ideas?
2018-5-10
Use props
Kingcor
lvl.1

Dominican Republic

I meant 1.00.0400 is the current firmware it had me update to. sorry for mistype
2018-5-10
Use props
SykkyB
lvl.2
Belarus

Could you also contact DJI support.. they still didn't answer anything to me..
i have found only one workaround described above.. reset wifi 3 beeps then 2 beeps it will be displayed and let you connect.. but intill next try.. then you'll need to reset it again..
also have latest FW 0400 still issue is not fixed..
2018-5-10
Use props
Kingcor
lvl.1

Dominican Republic

I did submit a ticket yesterday to DJI. I also tried your method described above and I still can’t get the MA to broadcast SSID. I am wondering if this is going to magically work I get back to the US. This has ruined my vacation, I’m so frustrated right now but praying there is a solution I have not yet tried.

Is yours still not working?

Where you outside of the country in your situation?
2018-5-10
Use props
djiuser_JxV0XGSevhs9
lvl.1
Spain

Hi.
I have ther sasme problem.
I just buy the MAvic Air, update and no WIFI SSID
Ooooggggg....
2018-5-10
Use props
SykkyB
lvl.2
Belarus

could you also submit a ticket to DJI ?
more tickets - more probability they'll fix this
also one more cool feature is requred.. -dynamic home point - which is best use with wifi from mobile mod - active track..  with curent FW you can't trace yourself far than 100m..
2018-5-11
Use props
theinvisibledog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4439 ft

Same situation here
Not sure when it went missing but 3 beeps then 2 brings it back for a session
Will do a bit more troubleshooting and post any findings...
2018-5-11
Use props
SykkyB
lvl.2
Belarus

Here is a results of my investigations with local DJI sellers:
We've found very strange issue - WiFI is visibile and accepting connections on my 2 android devices 1st time after wifi reset
BUT
after re-linking with remote controller .. and putting again to WiFI mode --- SSID is visible only on iPHONE...  so my both Xiaomi MI5S and Samsung galasxy tab s2 don't see wifi and can't connect to mavic Air..  meanwhile Sellers iphone 4 see wifi and can connect..

DJI definetly need to do some investigation and fix this..
2018-5-11
Use props
djiuser_JxV0XGSevhs9
lvl.1
Spain

DJI...... no answers???
2018-5-14
Use props
djiuser_JxV0XGSevhs9
lvl.1
Spain

Hi!! I Hope somebody is workinmg in this fault!!
Because its crazy we must do a Hard reset of drone every time we want to use the Wifi mode with android phones!!
Please!!! DJI!!!
2018-5-23
Use props
djiuser_Fia0XFl93oMT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13970 ft

Hi, Try to connect your phone on the 2nd USB port on the remote control. It solved my problem.
2018-5-23
Use props
MIR_FPV
lvl.1
Spain

This its not the problem!!
I trying using ONLY the phone via WIFI to make some pictures with mavic.
Byt the SSID its not showing on the Phone, i must to do a hard reset (10 seconds pressing rear button) and then appear the SSID.

If i connect the phone on the controller its ok...but its not via Mobile Wifi.
Thanks
2018-5-24
Use props
SykkyB
lvl.2
Belarus

Any officail DJI comment????

could anyone with issues submit a ticket to DJI support... so them will notice that problem exists...
2018-5-24
Use props
MIR_FPV
lvl.1
Spain

Hi!
I submit a ticked and DJI said me that i must send the drone to DJI to check it....
But I wan't to send it....i'm sure a firmware propblem not a hardware problem.
I think i must wait for new firmware release
2018-5-25
Use props
SykkyB
lvl.2
Belarus

Have you noticed that you don't see WIFI only on Android devices??
On Iphone i was able to see and connect.. but not on my 3 android devices..
2018-5-25
Use props
MIR_FPV
lvl.1
Spain

I have not Iphone to check it....but i try also with windows (laptop) and also nothing
2018-5-25
Use props
djiuser_XSAcwVhCgRkK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21388 ft

HI,
Same problem here... no wifi from MA and can t connect with usb on my pc, DJI Assistant can t find it  but its ok with the RC.

After investigations with DJI chat  online, they asked me to send it...  MA is on the way for Netherlands from France today.

Very reactive from DJI.
Let s see if all will be good after that.

My MA had only 3 min of flight and 10 meters of distance before the F##### update
2018-5-25
Use props
MIR_FPV
lvl.1
Spain

Good luck!!
Mine also its a new brand Mavic....and i realized the update at first time...never works wifi dirctly.
Please inform us about DJI report!
Thanks!
2018-5-25
Use props
sullivansrtw
New

I have the exact same problem. Purchased yesterday, flew one time and now my controller can't find a wifi signal for my Mavic Air. Have you heard back? This is a bummer for a brand new purchase....
2018-5-27
Use props
Fabrice_FR
lvl.2

sullivansrtw Posted at 2018-5-27 09:27
I have the exact same problem. Purchased yesterday, flew one time and now my controller can't find a wifi signal for my Mavic Air. Have you heard back? This is a bummer for a brand new purchase....

Hi,

After sending back the MA to DJI Repar Center, they send me a mail after checking :

"Warranty. A Firmware failed and locked the core board. "

That s why the MA briked and i couldnt find it with RC and couldnt log it in my PC.... Due to the Firmware updating.

I may receive the MA next week i hope
2018-5-31
Use props
Fabrice_FR
lvl.2

DJI Repair Center look nice for me .... At least in Europe

Very fast in all .

Sure, this should never happen with this kind of products... I m agree with you all.... But all is good at the end ....AND FREE
2018-5-31
Use props
gerarivan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15007 ft
Puerto Rico

Same problem here. My mavic doesn’t emmit the ssid, when I power on and of and reset WiFi a couple of time the WiFi appear to broadcast. Very frustrated whith this issue.
2018-6-6
Use props
Cabreo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 63196 ft
Italy

Hi all,

I am in exactly the same situation, the MA does not activate the  SSID. By performing the work around outlined above (a full reset ?) the MA transmits and I can see its SSID on my Android phone which is running Android v.7.

However, I can control the MA using automatic take-off and landing only. The joy sticks  do  not function.

Has anyone any recent news concerning this problem?
2018-6-7
Use props
SykkyB
lvl.2
Belarus

Hi ALl,

Has anyone got answer from DJI support?
2018-6-27
Use props
AlperMansur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 161831 ft
Turkey

Same problem no wifi and no remote control connection. Waiting for answer from dji support.
2018-6-27
Use props
djiuser_rfhbZsgxeqmH
New

AlperMansur Posted at 2018-6-27 05:46
Same problem no wifi and no remote control connection. Waiting for answer from dji support.

Did anyone get an answer yet?
2018-9-10
Use props
well-about_that
lvl.2
Flight distance : 307779 ft
Croatia

Same problem here. New Mavic Air - no SSID shows up.. scanning the QR code does nothing. It's ridiculous this didn't get any official comment. Such a sophisticated tool yet so basic problems. All latest firmwares are installed.
2018-12-28
Use props
well-about_that
lvl.2
Croatia

Huh, I can't edit my post because to minutes have passed..

Anyway: Post #3 in this thread (https://forum.dji.com/thread-141490-1-1.html) by "DJI Diana" gave an answer that helped me; basically reset the WiFi by holding functions button for 6 seconds on the back of your Mavic Air once it's turned on (it should be blinking yellow at that point). You will hear it beep 3 times.
2018-12-28
Use props
DrMagical
lvl.4
Flight distance : 959879 ft
United Kingdom

If it's the same as the Spark (very likely) it won't transmit WiFi signal that can be picked up by phone if it's linked to RC. You have to unlink that first then it will transmit to phone, you can't have both active at same time!!
2018-12-29
Use props
well-about_that
lvl.2
Croatia

I didn't want it at the same time, where did you get that idea?

Anyways, now I cannot connect it with my remote. I had to reset it as well (hold function button for two seconds).

It makes no sense that a reset should be required every time I want to change the connection. I'm using the same phone for both.
2018-12-29
Use props
DrMagical
lvl.4
Flight distance : 959879 ft
United Kingdom

well-about_that Posted at 12-29 04:33
I didn't want it at the same time, where did you get that idea?

Anyways, now I cannot connect it with my remote. I had to reset it as well (hold function button for two seconds).

No you misunderstand. If you have the Air linked with a remote you can't link it to your phone. I didn't literally mean using both simultaneously, that would be madness.
I presume at some point you linked your Mavic Air to a remote control and used that? If so the MA won't transmit a WiFi signal that you can pick up with your phone. Otherwise it could be linked to 2 devices simultaneously which would be chaos!!
To link it with your phone you have to 'unbind' your controller. Resetting the WiFi should do that. Then you can link your phone (but not the controller). Or you can relink your controller (but not your phone).
2018-12-29
Use props
well-about_that
lvl.2
Croatia

Thanks a lot for replying! Ok, that kinda makes sense. I assumed it would look for the RC and WiFi signal at the same time and connect to the one that's available at the moment. The switch between RC and WiFi will rarely be done though so it's not a big deal.

Thanks again for clarification!
2018-12-29
Use props
djiuser_9dROMUksLgmg
New

United States

Kingcor Posted at 2018-5-10 08:46
I did submit a ticket yesterday to DJI. I also tried your method described above and I still can’t get the MA to broadcast SSID. I am wondering if this is going to magically work I get back to the US. This has ruined my vacation, I’m so frustrated right now but praying there is a solution I have not yet tried.

Is yours still not working?

I am currently I visiting the  Dominican Republic from Canada and our Mavic Air drone suddenly has stopped emitting SSID and won’t connect to RC. Hhmm, I wonder if that is the issue? We’re you ever able to resolve yours?
2023-3-19
Use props
djiuser_yVrFNiPBDl2J
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

Back to the future!
Same issue here, from Canada to DR, works for a couple of days but now it cannot connect anymore with remote or wifi.
I am curious if any of you who have the same problem in the Dominican Republic found some fixes and also if your Mavic Air started to work again once back in another country.
This looks like sabotage!
2-4 20:33
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules