Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drones flying dangerously close to planes in NC airspace
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Another news event in the USA that will have some negative affects on Drones.  Grey colored drone flying at over 2000 feet and reported my commercial airline Captain

Please feel free to comment below. come on people we have to be more responsible drone operators.

"RALEIGH, NC (WTVD) --
Reports from the Federal Aviation Administration show an alarming rise of drone sightings from pilots of both airplanes and helicopters, who fear an imminent danger of future collisions.

An ABC11 I-Team investigation reviewed 1,699 such reports filed by pilots across the country, including 38 in North Carolina airspace. The mid-air sightings vary in altitude, but all are well above what's legal for drones, which are generally limited to flying under 400 feet."

David Reid, a commercial pilot with more than 30 years experience, told the I-Team his own near-miss with a drone was "not the adrenaline I was looking for."

Rich

http://abc11.com/pilot-near-miss ... e-to-death/3409322/

2018-5-1
Use props
Jordak
Captain
Flight distance : 954140 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree Rich ! More resposibilty or loose our privileges!
2018-5-1
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Jordak Posted at 2018-5-1 13:06
I agree Rich ! More resposibilty or loose our privileges!

I was reading yesterdays national news and wanted to share the information.

We all need to do our part. The US congress just passed more drone and RC aircraft  legislation with some new registration rules. AMA held on to the 336 exemption for model aircraft and flying fields.

Rich  
2018-5-1
Use props
3-D
Captain
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

Reading these reports is so disappointing.  I read rules and regulations for 3 months before purchasing my drone.  I've spent weeks with my drone and have taken it to the altitude ceiling only once.  I've watched enough "altitude tests" to know what my Mavic Air can do, and i don't need to break the law in order to see it for myself.  

It's things like this that are going to cause more regulation and tighter restrictions on those of us who actually respect the laws.  

Sadness.....
2018-5-3
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-5-3 12:00
Reading these reports is so disappointing.  I read rules and regulations for 3 months before purchasing my drone.  I've spent weeks with my drone and have taken it to the altitude ceiling only once.  I've watched enough "altitude tests" to know what my Mavic Air can do, and i don't need to break the law in order to see it for myself.  

It's things like this that are going to cause more regulation and tighter restrictions on those of us who actually respect the laws.  

you are so right it will be a sad day if they decide to legislate more restrictions because of the few rule breakers out there.

thanks for doing your part

Rich
2018-5-6
Use props
3-D
Captain
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-5-6 13:31
you are so right it will be a sad day if they decide to legislate more restrictions because of the few rule breakers out there.

thanks for doing your part

So very true.  I've also done the very best that i can do to educate anyone around me.
So many people have expressed interest in owning one when they see me flying. 95% of the time, the first thing that everyone wants to do is something that is against the rules.  (fly over crowds of people, fly in National Parks, fly at altitudes that are way above the legal ceiling, or fly waaay out of VLOS)

I even spoke to a guy who just purchased a drone that didn't know that he was supposed to register with the FAA before flying.  
2018-5-7
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-5-7 04:01
So very true.  I've also done the very best that i can do to educate anyone around me.
So many people have expressed interest in owning one when they see me flying. 95% of the time, the first thing that everyone wants to do is something that is against the rules.  (fly over crowds of people, fly in National Parks, fly at altitudes that are way above the legal ceiling, or fly waaay out of VLOS)

I try and do the same thing regrading drone  questions that bystanders ask. It is easy to be confused about the current guidelines (not limits). Hopefully this will be better in the future

Rich
2018-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules