Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Editing your Spark videos Part 2: picking music and syncing clips
1807 18 2018-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RobertWSimpson
Captain
Flight distance : 927185 ft

In part 2 of my 3 part series, I show how I retime and trim my clips to create scene changes that are synced with the music I have chosen.  Hopefully you can pick up a new trick!

I'll give a shoutout in part 3 to anyone who can get the exact total number of times I say the word "snippet" (or snippets) as well!

in case you missed part 1:

As always, I welcome all comments and critiques!
2018-5-1
Use props
Cesargp
First Officer
Flight distance : 458317 ft
Chile

Thank you Robert, very interesting. Is quite similar to my own workflow but I've learned a couple of tricks from the video... Good work.
2018-5-1
Use props
Gunship9
Captain
United States

Interesting idea about changing up speed.  I have seldom tried it.  Not sure about slowing down a 30fps clip from the Spark.

One of the vloggers suggested listening through the song and inserting markers on the beat that you want and then cutting to them.  If you are going to vlog into the camera, you need to be off the wall.  You are lost in the wall if you are against it.  Background lights and shelf of camera gear/Pop bobbleheads, maybe.  Alternatively, it looks nice to hold up the prisoner number and id plate for the mugshot.
2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Nice videos, thanks for sharing.
2018-5-1
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
Captain
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

This is what I created until now with my Spark: http://dronemultimedia.es/videos
2018-5-1
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Captain

Cesargp Posted at 2018-5-1 17:09
Thank you Robert, very interesting. Is quite similar to my own workflow but I've learned a couple of tricks from the video... Good work.

Awesome! I am glad that I did something that made you go “hmm!”

What was it that you caught???
2018-5-2
Use props
Sidd Finch
First Officer
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

Robert will you also please create a video on how to get famous with your spark video after you have recorded and edited the video.... lol

Sidd
2018-5-2
Use props
Jeetley
First Officer
Flight distance : 123944 ft
United Kingdom

always nice to have helpful tips.
i'm not too bad with using the a/c but as for editing i never know where to start.. thanks
2018-5-2
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Captain

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-5-1 17:32
Interesting idea about changing up speed.  I have seldom tried it.  Not sure about slowing down a 30fps clip from the Spark.

One of the vloggers suggested listening through the song and inserting markers on the beat that you want and then cutting to them.  If you are going to vlog into the camera, you need to be off the wall.  You are lost in the wall if you are against it.  Background lights and shelf of camera gear/Pop bobbleheads, maybe.  Alternatively, it looks nice to hold up the prisoner number and id plate for the mugshot.

I love slowing down spark footage. I think it works really well.  Even editing in 24fps works great. I’ll show my tips and tricks for making it look better in part 3.

Thanks for your tip on the parts where I’m speaking into the camera. It’s a tighter shot than I was thinking it would be. I used the wrong lens. Maybe I will re-shoot part 3 tomorrow.
2018-5-2
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Captain

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-1 22:44
Nice videos, thanks for sharing.

Thank you for your kind words!
2018-5-2
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Captain

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-5-1 23:03
This is what I created until now with my Spark: http://dronemultimedia.es/videos

Cool! Hopefully you can pick up a thing or two from my videos that will help you along the way!
2018-5-3
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
Captain
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

RobertWSimpson Posted at 2018-5-3 04:52
Cool! Hopefully you can pick up a thing or two from my videos that will help you along the way!

I am always open to discover and learn new things.
2018-5-3
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Captain
United States

Sidd Finch Posted at 2018-5-2 10:22
Robert will you also please create a video on how to get famous with your spark video after you have recorded and edited the video.... lol

Sidd

That's in part 4 of this 3 part series!

Actually, I do have a couple of things that I do to try to make my videos "relevant" but I don't know if people are super interesting in hearing about that.  If yes, I can totally divulge my secrets!
2018-5-3
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Captain

Jeetley Posted at 2018-5-2 10:48
always nice to have helpful tips.
i'm not too bad with using the a/c but as for editing i never know where to start.. thanks

I hope this can help!  Check out my latest installment that I just posted in a new thread and let me know what you think!
2018-5-3
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Captain

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-5-3 09:30
I am always open to discover and learn new things.

We should all be!
2018-5-3
Use props
Sidd Finch
First Officer
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

RobertWSimpson Posted at 2018-5-3 19:32
I hope this can help!  Check out my latest installment that I just posted in a new thread and let me know what you think!

My comment was sort of tongue in cheek. but hey....

Your videos are very informative and I appreciate the time you take to put it together.

Sidd
2018-5-4
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Captain

Sidd Finch Posted at 2018-5-4 07:22
My comment was sort of tongue in cheek. but hey....

Your videos are very informative and I appreciate the time you take to put it together.

Haha mine too. At least the 4/3 part was.

Thanks for your kind words. It actually takes a good amount of time to put these things together.
2018-5-4
Use props
CharlieZ
Captain
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool, thanks for sharing!
2019-1-10
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Captain