Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to make the image name sequence number not reset
1516 7 2018-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MikeTartaglia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10 ft
United States

How can I make the image name sequence number not reset after offloading the images from the SD card on the Spark?
2018-5-1
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

That feature is not configurable when flying the Spark.
2018-5-1
Use props
ZarcTheSpark
Captain
Flight distance : 460676 ft
United States

I think you can leave 1 file on the SD card with the highest number and it will increase from there....not sure though.
2018-5-1
Use props
MikeTartaglia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10 ft
United States

ZarcTheSpark Posted at 2018-5-1 15:35
I think you can leave 1 file on the SD card with the highest number and it will increase from there....not sure though.

That's actually a great trick.  I will try that.  but seriously, this seems like an oversight.  It should be no different than a digital camera or at least the ability to set it.
2018-5-1
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

As long I don't format the SD card and leave the main folder on it, move always only the media and panorama folder to the computer and don't do a firmware update of the bird, it seems to keep track of the numbers.
2018-5-1
Use props
meshed
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23875 ft
New Zealand

This doesn't really seem like a practical solution.

I guess the best/appropriate way of addressing this is to file a feature request. Unfortunately DJI does not seem to have an option to make such requests, other that filing a bug report @ security.dji.com
2019-3-17
Use props
Rustic17
Captain
Flight distance : 2716936 ft
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-5-1 16:53
As long I don't format the SD card and leave the main folder on it, move always only the media and panorama folder to the computer and don't do a firmware update of the bird, it seems to keep track of the numbers.

When you say "main folder" you're talking about the DCIM folder, right??? Just leave it and transfer the pic and vid files.   I just leave the Panorama folder, too, and transfer only the 100_XXXX folders that hold each of the pano shots.
2019-3-17
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Rustic17 Posted at 3-17 13:52
When you say "main folder" you're talking about the DCIM folder, right??? Just leave it and transfer the pic and vid files.   I just leave the Panorama folder, too, and transfer only the 100_XXXX folders that hold each of the pano shots.

Yep, I don't touch "DCIM", "MISC", but I always MOVE the "xxxMedia" and "Panorama" folders with pics/mp4s to the pc. (I am lazy ;-)
And as long as I don't switch SD cards, I get the files in order.

But that is also no big problem.
Since I sort my captures in folders by -year/month/day/ (greater) location-  and mostly "give them names"  if I copy 'em to other folders,
2019-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules