Battery issue first time.
805 9 2018-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sky6105
Second Officer
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

Started a flight on a full battery 100 % at 73% I got a battery warning, stating battery is at 10% the green bar still showed 73% full on the screen.
1.) Battery is up to date maybe has about 20 flights on it I rotate between 3 batteries.
I landed rightaway to check the light bar status and I still had 3 dots lite.

2.) Should I let this battery discharge and bring up to full or is this some form of software glitz never had this before on any
of my batteries.
I tried to up load the log but I dont know where it is on the IPAD Mini3. If anyone knows can you post a link to a video.

3.) How do you manualy discharge the battery, can i turn it on on the bench and will it discharge.

Thanks
Rudy

2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Rudy, could you please provide me with some screenshots of the flight records? I would like to check first.
And I suggest doing a battery recycle, you can discharge the battery by just turning it on and leave it stationary, or you can remove all the propellers and start the motors or use the simulator.
Besides, you can also try to refresh the latest firmware of the drone and this battery via DJI Assistant 2.
Please keep us updated if the issue persists.
2018-5-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Hasn't there been several occurrences reported here of Mavic Air drones suddenly reporting Low Battery?  Or suddenly loosing power?
2018-5-1
Use props
sky6105
Second Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-1 21:17
Rudy, could you please provide me with some screenshots of the flight records? I would like to check first.
And I suggest doing a battery recycle, you can discharge the battery by just turning it on and leave it stationary, or you can remove all the propellers and start the motors or use the simulator.
Besides, you can also try to refresh the latest firmware of the drone and this battery via DJI Assistant 2.

Thor,
I don't know where the flight records are located on the Ipad mini if I was flying with the android I would have them.
But I am lost on the iPad.
2018-5-2
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

Did you update the battery firmware? You need to update firmware for each battery after first charge. Try update firmware and charge again.
2018-5-2
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

I'm with GDLs suggestion, check the firmware on each battery. For my Mavic pro the battery updates only seem to get flagged up in DJI Assistant 2. So best course of action might be to run Assistant 2 on PC, and with aircraft connected via USB power up aircraft with each battery in turn. DJI Assistant should indicate whether the firmware needs updating or not. If the aircraft is up to date but the battery is not, then it will still indicate 'update' required and do the battery only.
2018-5-2
Use props
sky6105
Second Officer
United States

GDL Posted at 2018-5-2 01:05
Did you update the battery firmware? You need to update firmware for each battery after first charge. Try update firmware and charge again.

Yes all 3 are up to date.
2018-5-2
Use props
Gimbali
First Officer
Flight distance : 1086276 ft
United Kingdom

As an alternative method to discharge the battery, use the power bank adapter, if you have one.
2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

sky6105 Posted at 2018-5-2 00:24
Thor,
I don't know where the flight records are located on the Ipad mini if I was flying with the android I would have them.
But I am lost on the iPad.

You can check the flight records by this route: launch DJI GO 4 app, upper right three dashes, Flight Records. Then you can review the records there and make some screenshots.
If you want to export the record, you need to connect the mobile device to iTunes, find the application and export the whole folder.
2018-5-3
Use props
sky6105
Second Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-3 22:49
You can check the flight records by this route: launch DJI GO 4 app, upper right three dashes, Flight Records. Then you can review the records there and make some screenshots.
If you want to export the record, you need to connect the mobile device to iTunes, find the application and export the whole folder.

Thanks Thor will look at that tonight.
I did drain the battery and bring it back up to 100% and so far no issues.
2018-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules