Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO V4.2.12 No Precision Landing
2430 21 2018-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft

DJI could you please look at the latest app version for IOS as the Precision Landing no longer works. I am not sure if the same applies to Android.
When using my Mavic Pro, it no longer makes any attempt to locate the landing point during a RTH when Precision takeoff had been selected and it can be meters away.
I have compared my flight records to flights on the previous version of the app and in the previous versions, I can see a few notices which say "Precision Landing   locating landing point". This does not happen in the latest version of the app. There is absolutely no reference to precision landing.
I have tried reinstalling the app but that has made no difference. I have flown with a couple of other Mavic owners who are also on the latest version of the app and they have the same problem.
It has also been reported by a Mavic Air owner in this thread:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=145804

2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thank you for bringing us the attention, Janee, I will report to the engineers to confirm.
2018-5-1
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-1 21:02
Thank you for bringing us the attention, Janee, I will report to the engineers to confirm.

Thanks Thor, I appreciate that.
2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-5-1 21:43
Thanks Thor, I appreciate that.

No problems. Is the firmware also at the latest version v01.04.0300?
2018-5-1
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-1 22:08
No problems. Is the firmware also at the latest version v01.04.0300?

Yes, latest version of the firmware. There was no problem with the Precision landing after installing that firmware, the problem only happened with the latest version of the app.
2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-5-1 22:11
Yes, latest version of the firmware. There was no problem with the Precision landing after installing that firmware, the problem only happened with the latest version of the app.

Okay, thanks for the info, will forward to the engineers. Any update, I will get back to you.
2018-5-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13395489 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I use Ios and have no issues with it and on the latest app. have you tried re-installing the app
2018-5-2
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain

Suren Posted at 2018-5-2 10:08
I use Ios and have no issues with it and on the latest app. have you tried re-installing the app

Yes I have reinstalled the app. It is not just me as others have the same issue.
Are you saying that your Mavic lands within a few inches of where it took off?
Can you have a look at your flight log and see if it says “locating landing point” because I no longer have that and it is easy to see that the Mavic  makes no attempt to correct the landing even when it is meters away.
2018-5-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13395489 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-5-2 13:02
Yes I have reinstalled the app. It is not just me as others have the same issue.
Are you saying that your Mavic lands within a few inches of where it took off?
Can you have a look at your flight log and see if it says “locating landing point” because I no longer have that and it is easy to see that the Mavic  makes no attempt to correct the landing even when it is meters away.

Will have a look at the flight log, when i flew yesterday took off on 4 batteries with prescion takeoff and it landed at the spot, on the app it comes up has prescion landing when coming down
2018-5-2
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain

Suren Posted at 2018-5-2 19:20
Will have a look at the flight log, when i flew yesterday took off on 4 batteries with prescion takeoff and it landed at the spot, on the app it comes up has prescion landing when coming down

I won't get a chance to fly again until Saturday but I noticed there is a new version of the app 4.2.14 so I will give that a go and see what happens.
2018-5-2
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-2 01:44
Okay, thanks for the info, will forward to the engineers. Any update, I will get back to you.

Thor, I flew the Mavic Pro with the latest app 4.2.14 today and the Precision Landing is now fixed. Thanks.
2018-5-4
Use props
AidanKless
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Precision landing need satisfy some condition: 1.  User must turn this function on in setting 2. U cannot update return point in the flying process. 3. U have to wait for several seconds when the drone is flying above 6m. 4. U should use One-click Return function and don't touch the RC during this process 5.Flying point should have enough light.
2018-5-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

It says ascend to 7m in the manual yet the auto set altitude is 6m. There does seem to be a glitch on the Mavic Air precision landing. Works perfectly upon returning for. The first flight but not the subsequent flights when using multiple batteries at the same location.
2018-5-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
Cyprus

It says ascend to 7m in the manual yet the auto set altitude is 6m. There does seem to be a glitch on the Mavic Air precision landing. Works perfectly upon returning for. The first flight but not the subsequent flights when using multiple batteries at the same location.
2018-5-18
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain

A CW Posted at 2018-5-18 06:30
It says ascend to 7m in the manual yet the auto set altitude is 6m. There does seem to be a glitch on the Mavic Air precision landing. Works perfectly upon returning for. The first flight but not the subsequent flights when using multiple batteries at the same location.

There was an issue with a previous version of the app so make sure you update to the latest app. Also, I have found that after the automatic ascent to around 6 mts, I usually ascend to 10 mts for a few seconds and that seems to give consistent accurate landings. Just from observation, have a look at the height the drone is at when you see the notice on the app "Precision Landing  locating landing point". That seems to occur at around 10 mts rather than 6 or 7 mts.
2018-5-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-5-18 20:37
There was an issue with a previous version of the app so make sure you update to the latest app. Also, I have found that after the automatic ascent to around 6 mts, I usually ascend to 10 mts for a few seconds and that seems to give consistent accurate landings. Just from observation, have a look at the height the drone is at when you see the notice on the app "Precision Landing  locating landing point". That seems to occur at around 10 mts rather than 6 or 7 mts.

Thanks for the advice     
2018-5-24
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine is behaving the same way. And no I don’t usually wait after clicking take off and sliding to confirm.  I just start flying.  

Normally it will come down to about ~5 meters or 15 feet and slow way down and move around little bit trying to line itself up as it slowly decends.  Landing usually within 3-6 inches.

On latest firmware mine slowly down but makes no attempt at adjusting itself and misses its mark noticeably.  Upwards of 1-3 feet.  On a few occasions it landed 5 feet away in the parking lot.

As far as I can work out, vision system is fine and happy.  I did a calibration (all cameras showed an image) and redid my testing and same result, no attempt and readjustments, it just descents.  
2018-5-24
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-5-24 02:22
Mine is behaving the same way. And no I don’t usually wait after clicking take off and sliding to confirm.  I just start flying.  

Normally it will come down to about ~5 meters or 15 feet and slow way down and move around little bit trying to line itself up as it slowly decends.  Landing usually within 3-6 inches.

Are you on the latest version of the DJI GO 4 app?
2018-5-24
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-5-24 04:11
Are you on the latest version of the DJI GO 4 app?

Yes I on the latest for iOS
2018-5-24
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-5-24 16:43
Yes I on the latest for iOS

Can you remember if you see the message on your phone/tablet where is says "Precision Landing   locating landing point".  If you can't remember, have a look at your flight record in the DJI GO 4 app and see if it is there.
2018-5-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-5-4 21:49
Thor, I flew the Mavic Pro with the latest app 4.2.14 today and the Precision Landing is now fixed. Thanks.

Sorry for the delay, thank you for your feedback and I'm glad to know that.
In fact, the engineers had replied this post on 12#, too. They mentioned that it needs to meet the requirements to activate the precision landing successfully. You can also refer to that info.
2018-5-24
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-5-24 22:18
Can you remember if you see the message on your phone/tablet where is says "Precision Landing   locating landing point".  If you can't remember, have a look at your flight record in the DJI GO 4 app and see if it is there.

Yes it does.. I tried that as well and it doesn’t realign itself.

Also in response to Thor.. it was broad daylight and it worked pre .0300 firmware update for me in the same location and conditions so I’m a little confused.  
2018-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules