11395 11 2018-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JosemiPS
lvl.1
Spain

dji osmo mobile 2 vibration/shake

I have an iphone 7 plus and the DJ osmo mobile 2

When I record videos the image vibrates.
Can somebody help me ?

translated by google translator
-----------
tengo un iphone 7 plus y el dji osmo mobile 2.
Cuando grabo videos la imagen vibra.   
alguien me puede ayudar ?

2018-5-2
Use props
JosemiPS
lvl.1
Spain

2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Jose, sorry to see the video, may I know if you have balanced the gimbal before switch on? How about placing the device in one place without moving? What is your firmware version and the APP version?
2018-5-2
Use props
JosemiPS
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-2 01:54
Hi Jose, sorry to see the video, may I know if you have balanced the gimbal before switch on? How about placing the device in one place without moving? What is your firmware version and the APP version?

I did not know that the osmo could be updated. Now it is updated.
I have to do a test with the updated osmo

before turning it on, calibrate it.

Now I have the Osmo Mobile 2 firmware version 2.2.0.30

app iPhone version 3.1.31
2018-5-2
Use props
JosemiPS
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-2 01:54
Hi Jose, sorry to see the video, may I know if you have balanced the gimbal before switch on? How about placing the device in one place without moving? What is your firmware version and the APP version?

after the update I tried again and I still have the same problem.
2018-5-2
Use props
Alitaptap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149334 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same problem on the Osmo 2 but not in my Osmo 1 specially in Filmic Pro looks so bad.
2018-5-2
Use props
JosemiPS
lvl.1
Spain

Alitaptap Posted at 2018-5-2 06:33
I have the same problem on the Osmo 2 but not in my Osmo 1 specially in Filmic Pro looks so bad.

today they have released an update of the iphone app but I do not know if it solves this problem.

you have the updated osmo to the latest version?

translated by google translate
2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

JosemiPS Posted at 2018-5-2 08:30
today they have released an update of the iphone app but I do not know if it solves this problem.

you have the updated osmo to the latest version?

Yes, please try the APP V3.1.34 to see if the issue persists and keep me updated, thank you.
2018-5-4
Use props
TheFlush
lvl.1

Netherlands

It's the optical image stabilization  (OIS) of your iPhone that clashes with the stabilization of the gimbal. Unfortunately there's no way to disable the OIS of your phone with external software since it's magnet based. If there's an option to turn off stabilization in the video app, it's about electronic stabilization, not optical stabilization.

Have you tried using the native iPhone camera app? That gives a more stable view, it will not make all the jitters disappear but I noticed that it gives better results than using the DJI Go app, Filmic Pro or ProCam.
2018-5-6
Use props
JosemiPS
lvl.1
Spain

TheFlush Posted at 2018-5-6 11:45
It's the optical image stabilization  (OIS) of your iPhone that clashes with the stabilization of the gimbal. Unfortunately there's no way to disable the OIS of your phone with external software since it's magnet based. If there's an option to turn off stabilization in the video app, it's about electronic stabilization, not optical stabilization.

Have you tried using the native iPhone camera app? That gives a more stable view, it will not make all the jitters disappear but I noticed that it gives better results than using the DJI Go app, Filmic Pro or ProCam.

thank you very much I have to prove what you tell me.

So, the DJ osmo mobile 2 is throwing money away?
2018-5-7
Use props
TheFlush
lvl.1

Netherlands

JosemiPS Posted at 2018-5-7 23:22
thank you very much I have to prove what you tell me.

So, the DJ osmo mobile 2 is throwing money away?

There are 2 solutions that work.

1. Use the front facing camera of your phone. That one doesn't have optical image stabilization. However, this is quite a hassle because you can't see what you're recording that way. And the front facing camera is only 1080p 30 fps and the quality is less than that of your rear side wide angle lens.

Here's some random footage I shot with the front facing camera of my iPhone X.

2. Use a small, weak magnet (about 10x2 mm) and place it on the front side of your phone where your rear side camera is located. This will lock the optical image stabilization in place (since it's based on magnetism). The magnet doesn't fall off while walking or running. Here's some footage I shot with such a magnet placed on the top right corner of my iPhone X screen.

2018-5-10
Use props
Diego Alvarez
New

JosemiPS Posted at 2018-5-2 02:10
I did not know that the osmo could be updated. Now it is updated.
I have to do a test with the updated osmo

hola Jose, como actualizaste el osmo?
2019-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules