More Mavic Air problems
1997 14 2018-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dont slow down
lvl.4
Flight distance : 574977 ft

Amidst all of my transmission and signal problems I came across another issue last night. I decided to try to downgrade my firmware via Assistant 2. After powering it on and connecting it to my computer Windows gives me an error saying the storage device needs to be scanned for errors (a common message relating to the SD card of the drone which usually poses no problems). The message disappears and it shows the drone as connected. When I go into assistant 2 my mavic air is shown as mavic pro, not mavic air. When I open the drone it will not load the firmware version and says to retry. No matter how many times I reconnect, restart aircraft, restart program it will not load the firmware version. The only option is to reset to factory default but even after doing that it still wont load the firmware version. I'm also talking to DJI about sd card issues, I use a SanDisk Extreme 32Gb but in the app I get a Slow sd card message. I'm starting to think I have a bad drone. The more I mess with it the more problems I'm finding.
2018-5-2
Use props
dont slow down
lvl.4

I should mention that I already used assistant 2 up update my mavic air to the latest firmware so it did work together at one point and yes it is the most current version.
2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

dont slow down Posted at 2018-5-2 04:06
I should mention that I already used assistant 2 up update my mavic air to the latest firmware so it did work together at one point and yes it is the most current version.

Hi, thank you for your update, glad to know that you have updated the firmware successfully, so have you solved the problem or not? If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.
2018-5-2
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

dont slow down Posted at 2018-5-2 04:06
I should mention that I already used assistant 2 up update my mavic air to the latest firmware so it did work together at one point and yes it is the most current version.

Aloha DSD,

What type of USB cable are you using to connect to the computer from the back of your Mavic Air?  Can you post a photo of the end you are plugging into the Mavic Air, preferably so we can see the end of it?

The Mavic Air is the first DJI product that requires a USB Type-C cable.   I had a similar problem until I got a USB Type-C Communication Cable.  Now it works like a champ.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-5-3
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

The assistant 2 is latest version you are using?
2018-5-3
Use props
dont slow down
lvl.4
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-2 22:49
Hi, thank you for your update, glad to know that you have updated the firmware successfully, so have you solved the problem or not? If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.

You don't understand my problem. I updated to latest version, I had problems, I wanted to go back to old version. I cannot go back. Mavic Air shows as Mavic Pro in Assistant 2.
2018-5-3
Use props
dont slow down
lvl.4
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2018-5-3 00:55
Aloha DSD,

What type of USB cable are you using to connect to the computer from the back of your Mavic Air?  Can you post a photo of the end you are plugging into the Mavic Air, preferably so we can see the end of it?

Yes I am using USB type C cable. Aircraft will connect to the computer but shows up as Mavic Pro and not Mavic Air.
2018-5-3
Use props
dont slow down
lvl.4
United States

GDL Posted at 2018-5-3 01:02
The assistant 2 is latest version you are using?

As I already stated in my second post, YES I AM USING MOST CURRENT VERSION.
2018-5-3
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

dont slow down Posted at 2018-5-3 10:47
As I already stated in my second post, YES I AM USING MOST CURRENT VERSION.

Aloha DSD,

Many Forum members say they are using the current version of a firmware update.  To answer the question, you actually have to look at the bottom right of the DJI Assistant 2 opening screen and report back on the Forum what version is indicated there.  Any other answer means you are not using the latest version that will solve your problem and we are stuck here and unable to help you further.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-5-3
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

I don’t think downgrade Air firmware is good idea. It has some major fix in last version for safety issues.
2018-5-3
Use props
Kevjones1959
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61932 ft

South Africa

Guys I know why he is pulling his hair out. The firmware has INCORRECTLY identified his type of aircraft as he puts it. He is connecting an AIR and it is showing a PRO.
2018-5-4
Use props
dont slow down
lvl.4

Thank you! Everyone was missing that part in my original post. I finally ended up uninstalling everything and starting all over. It finally correctly identified my Air and was able to downgrade my firmware. Still having SD card issues where it says my SD card is too slow even though it is a class 10 SanDisk Extreme card.
2018-5-4
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Upon starting Assistant 2 in order to update the firmware there was an error message about not being able to connect.  I did not even disconnect I just did a re-scan and viola! no problem.
2018-5-4
Use props
dont slow down
lvl.4
United States

I would click the retry button to rescan but each time it failed to find the firmware. Now after a complete reinstall everything is working as it should at the moment.
2018-5-4
Use props
Kevjones1959
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61932 ft

South Africa

dont slow down Posted at 2018-5-4 03:43
Thank you! Everyone was missing that part in my original post. I finally ended up uninstalling everything and starting all over. It finally correctly identified my Air and was able to downgrade my firmware. Still having SD card issues where it says my SD card is too slow even though it is a class 10 SanDisk Extreme card.

Shot man glad you got it sorted.
2018-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules