CONSTANT HEAD MOVEMENT WHEN FILMING IN STAND
823 14 2018-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TEKNIKL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 211184 ft
United Kingdom

This may have already been covered before. However I have only seen responces about timelapse.

When I am filming with the osmo+ in it's stand, or on a tripod, I am getting constant movement.  

The footage is almost motion sickness enducing - especially when sped up.

I can physically see the head moving whilst filming. I can double click the trigger every second and it always recentres. Showing that it is always on the move.

I have also clobrated the gimbal but it made no difference.  

Is there a way of locking the head it out whilst filming?

Many Thanks
2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

I would recommend you move slower and keep pressing the trigger to lock the gimbal. Big movement may affect the gimbal even if you lock the gimbal.
2018-5-3
Use props
TEKNIKL
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-3 02:33
I would recommend you walk slower and keep pressing the trigger to lock the gimbal. Big movement may affect the gimbal even if you lock the gimbal.

As mentioned in my original post,  the Osmo+ is stationary in either it's stand or on the tripod.
2018-5-3
Use props
dennish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

There is nothing to fix the drift, much like autofocus problem. Send it back or sell it if you can.  They have abandoned the product for the mobile.  Hasn't been a firmware update since 8-31-17 and that update screwed up the device.  better off getting a Ziyhun crane and point and shot or dslr with better performance.
2018-5-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

TEKNIKL Posted at 2018-5-3 02:35
As mentioned in my original post,  the Osmo+ is stationary in either it's stand or on the tripod.

Can you provide a video that you shoot for further check?
2018-5-7
Use props
TEKNIKL
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-7 23:25
Can you provide a video that you shoot for further check?

Hi.

I have uploaded a video here -

Many thanks
2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

TEKNIKL Posted at 2018-5-8 04:24
Hi.

I have uploaded a video here - https://youtu.be/h08pdtV65Aw

Thanks for your update. But the video can not be viewed. Please post again, thanks a lot.
2018-5-8
Use props
TEKNIKL
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-8 19:52
Thanks for your update. But the video can not be viewed. Please post again, thanks a lot.

Hi.

It should work now.

2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

TEKNIKL Posted at 2018-5-8 23:44
Hi.

It should work now.

Thanks for your update. It seems abnormal. Did you calibrate your gimbal before? I would help you forward your situation.
2018-5-9
Use props
TEKNIKL
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-9 00:55
Thanks for your update. It seems abnormal. Did you calibrate your gimbal before? I would help you forward your situation.

Yes, the gimbal was calibrated.
2018-5-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

TEKNIKL Posted at 2018-5-9 00:57
Yes, the gimbal was calibrated.

Please wait patiently, if I get any news, I will update here.
2018-5-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Thanks for your patience. This situation will be improved in the future, any other problem, please inform us.
2018-5-11
Use props
TEKNIKL
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-11 01:29
Thanks for your patience. This situation will be improved in the future, any other problem, please inform us.

So, this kind of movement is is expected with the Osmo+?

Do you have a time frame on the fix?
2018-5-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

TEKNIKL Posted at 2018-5-11 02:35
So, this kind of movement is is expected with the Osmo+?

Do you have a time frame on the fix?

Our engineers are trying to improve that. Please wait patiently, sorry that I have no idea about the exact date.
2018-5-11
Use props
Peter Groom
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi
Ive seen many osmo's create this drifting when its supposed to be still, mine included.
i think the real answer lies in understanding what cameras are best suited and  designed for partcular jobs. The osmo is specifically designed to create smooth  stabilized images on movement which it does pretty well. Its not all things to all men. Its not a good audio recorder. Its poor at still shooting. id never use it to shoot an event. But for smooth movement shots - its great.
For this video id suggest popping a regular video camera on a pod, or a DSLR in video mode, not an Osmo.
2018-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules