Where did the data go?
547 3 2018-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tervist
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20830 ft
United States

I had my Spark out yesterday at sunset to take some photos. It was the first time I've taken it out in the front yard. I wasn't anticipating any problems because it's wide open and there's plenty of space to step away from potential sources of interference -- or so I thought. I had connection issues almost immediately and I was standing in the middle of my lawn away from the house. I moved to a different area of the yard and did manage a successful palm launch.

So, bottom line is this:

1) Bluetooth was shut off.
2) Aircraft was experiencing some sort of interference and was disconnecting/reconnecting. Still had stick control.
3) Moved to a different area of the yard and did manage to fly for about 2-3 minutes without getting disconnected. Error messages about interference were still popping up.  I saw the term "wifi" flash across the screen. Was not able to get the full context of the messages. Did manage to fire off a few photos. I wasn't feeling secure about that situation so I landed the Spark and decided to try the OTG cable with it.
4) Subsequent flight using the same battery was error-free after I connected with the OTG cable. Had 4 minutes of a successful flight with some minor latency issues. Switched batteries and aside from the latency, the flight on the second battery was unremarkable.

Now the question I have is where is the data for the flight in which I experienced the interference errors? Why is it not in the FlightRecords folder? I did have about 2-3 minutes of flight time where it did not disconnect so it has to be logged somewhere. I'd like to know the context of those error messages I was getting.
2018-5-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Here you find the logs and a upload side to read them

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/

Have you checked the general wifi situation in your area?
2018-5-2
Use props
Tervist
Second Officer
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-5-2 07:15
Here you find the logs and a upload side to read them

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/

Thanks. That's the one that retrieves the file from the FlightRecords folder.  The record for the flight with all the interference errors is not in that folder, which is frustrating me. I did three flights yesterday and there only are two in that folder. It looks like it may be in the FlightLog folder but that data is encrypted and I don't know how to access it.
I did check the wifi situation after I got back in the house and there were only two networks that showed up. I've had successful flights with a lot more networks listed.

So, I'm really puzzled.
2018-5-2
Use props
Tervist
Second Officer
United States

Can someone from DJI please help provide an answer to my question? Thanks.
2018-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules