Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air Distance Issues Fixed!
4190 11 2018-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Richie345
lvl.1
Cayman Islands

I've had my MA for about two weeks now and have been experiencing the same range problems. It has now been two days since I have fixed the issue.

From my understanding, the MA firmware cannot communicate with the GPS on an iPhone and the MA is not able to register what country you're in, to determine whether to use FCC or CE mode, so it automatically puts the MA in a safe mode, which limits the distance you can go. To fix this issue, you need to use an android device. Download the DJI app, ensure your GPS and location services are on and connect to your RC and MA. Depending on the country you are in you will get a notification relating to FCC or CE mode. If you are in the USA, your MA will be in FCC mode, if not, more than likely CE mode. By this point, your MA's max distance should increase dramatically.

Now, if your MA automatically goes to CE mode based on your location and you would like to have it in FCC mode, you will need to download a fake GPS app which makes your Android device's GPS believe you are in a different jurisdiction. Once downloaded, choose any location in the USA and proceed to connect your Android device to your RC and MA, your MA should be in FCC mode.

I hope this helps people out there. Once you accomplish this, the MA is a fantastic drone. Do not jump the gun and return your MA  just yet.

2018-5-2
Use props
Richie345
lvl.1
Cayman Islands

I forgot to mention that this will fix the issue of not being able to switch between 2.4 Ghz  and 5.8 Ghz and you only need to use an Android device once, after this is done you may continue to use you IOS device.
2018-5-2
Use props
rfAndy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 396365 ft

The latest version of GO 4 for iOS fixes the problem of not being able to select 5.8.  No Android required.  THANK YOU DJI.  Why can't you be more open acknowledging these troubles and what you're doing to fix them??
2018-5-2
Use props
Richie345
lvl.1
Cayman Islands

rfAndy Posted at 2018-5-2 07:28
The latest version of GO 4 for iOS fixes the problem of not being able to select 5.8.  No Android required.  THANK YOU DJI.  Why can't you be more open acknowledging these troubles and what you're doing to fix them??

That's great! Hopefully, this update saves people from wasting time and all the headaches.

Just checked the App Store and seems it was released 3 hours ago. Good on DJI!
2018-5-2
Use props
Acenspades
lvl.4
United States

This is a great analysis.  But to be honest, the regular consumer non technical, non geek, non engineer average joe like myself should not have to think about whether or not an iphone or android will limit range.  Like i said DJI should have made this with Ocusync IMHO
2018-5-2
Use props
Richie345
lvl.1
Cayman Islands

Acenspades Posted at 2018-5-2 07:50
This is a great analysis.  But to be honest, the regular consumer non technical, non geek, non engineer average joe like myself should not have to think about whether or not an iphone or android will limit range.  Like i said DJI should have made this with Ocusync IMHO

I completely agree! I am not that technical my self, and it took a lot of research and reading to fix the issue. For the price, no consumer, whether technically savvy or not, should have to go through any of this to get the advertised max distance or at least half of that.
2018-5-2
Use props
Acenspades
lvl.4
United States

Richie345 Posted at 2018-5-2 08:00
I completely agree! I am not that technical my self, and it took a lot of research and reading to fix the issue. For the price, no consumer, whether technically savvy or not, should have to go through any of this to get the advertised max distance or at least half of that.

I agree.  
Look, i understand, at the least, that whatever the max range is (something like 4km?) is under ideal conditions (in the vacuum of space, no cosmic radiation interference, "enchanced" wifi being the sole source of transmission, etc.) but there are many many reports of people not even reaching 1km.

I think it'd be cool if DJI, moving forward, would put on their box or marketing 4km - *list of conditions that will meet 4km, 1km *list of conditions that will meet 1km*, etc.
2018-5-2
Use props
toddster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8117 ft
United States

I didn't see any update available.  Version number?  Still no 5.6 Mhz availability.  Perhaps they roll these out by region?  
2018-5-2
Use props
Gazoo
lvl.4
Canada

Im in SK Canada and no firmware update here that I see.
2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Richie345 Posted at 2018-5-2 07:35
That's great! Hopefully, this update saves people from wasting time and all the headaches.

Just checked the App Store and seems it was released 3 hours ago. Good on DJI!

Thank you for sharing the information with us, if there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.
2018-5-2
Use props
fansfbef8239
New
United States

Thank you for this fix!  The hardest part was remembering my DJI password.  I was so bummed thinking I had to return my Air.
2018-5-2
Use props
Richie345
lvl.1
Cayman Islands

Gazoo Posted at 2018-5-2 15:27
Im in SK Canada and no firmware update here that I see.

It's an update for the DJI Go 4 App.
2018-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules