Multiple Problems with new Spark
4526 13 2018-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spacelord
lvl.1
Germany

Hello,

I am writing from germany, so please excuse mistakes.

I have some problems with my new spark:

- I can connect, and the app tells me there is a firmware update. I tried it serveral times, it seems to update, prompts success, and next time i open the app, the same fw update is prompted again. So no luck in updating.

- i cant activate my spark, when i try to do it i alway get a "Server unavailable 403" message.

- small kinks: when ever i get an error message I can do nothing in the app no more. I use the android back button, no hope. I toch everywhere on the screen, nothing changes. I can only kill the app and restart it again.

I anyone has any suggestions, im very thankful.

spacelord
2018-5-2
Use props
Firehawk989
Second Officer
Flight distance : 198904 ft
Canada

Which phone are you using?
2018-5-2
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I see many problems with Android devices. I use iOS and 0 issues. Which device you use?
2018-5-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

As others asked before:

What device are u using?
Do you have another android "laying around", to try with?

And additional:
Which app version do you have on that device?

Have you tried to update the birds firmware with the pc or the android?
Do it with the / a pc and assistant 2 software or an iOS, please!

Edit:
"i cant activate my spark, when i try to do it i alway get a "Server unavailable 403" message."

You try to activate connected to the Spark, right?
You need to switch to a internet wifi, if I remember that right
2018-5-2
Use props
spacelord
lvl.1
Germany

Hello,

yes I am using an Android device, since i dont have iOS.

All of the above i tried only with the phone, no computer yet. I have a Macbook, will it work with that as well?

I'll might give it a try tomorrow.

Side note: I work in Software development myself and such an app would've never left our QA. Rather disappointing in my view....
Thanks so far @all
2018-5-2
Use props
spacelord
lvl.1
Germany

Since I can't edit my last post anymore (weird): I use the latest app version for android, fresh installed today from the play store.
2018-5-2
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

2018-5-2
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

spacelord Posted at 2018-5-2 10:56
Since I can't edit my last post anymore (weird): I use the latest app version for android, fresh installed today from the play store.

Spacelord. Wait !

If you are installing a New SPARK you will have problems. The Google Play App 4.2.12 will lock your Spark and will prompt you 'CANNOT TAKE OFF' Error.
First download on your PC, DJI Assistant 2, and connect Spark with Cable and Turn ON. Watch the Video I posted to you.
Make sure you have Latest Firmware of Spark Updates / Remote / EACH Battery too.

Dont worry regards the APP on Android, this was a BIG ISSUE last week and I found a way round in my post - I will explain -
Dont worry. Its easy to fix -

1) Remove the Version 4.2.12 (Launched on Google Play)
2) Switch off Auto Updates
3) Restart Phone
4) Install old version 4.1.15
Download the App Version 4.1.15 (Which was a stable one with OTG Support) - Direct LINK (For Android Phone)
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-1-15-release/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4-4-1-15-2-android-apk-download/
5) Setup the Spark Drone for First Time
6) Fly it for sometime
7) Wait a Few Days to see all is ok and do some Flights
8) If you want Upgrade back to 4.2.12 as Normal (I prefer setting  AutoUpdates to Manual as this give me chance to Update with my  Confirmation, but as the 4.2.12 is a Really Good Version and wish to  Thank all DJI Support for helping us, its ok right now to Turn  AutoUpdates on Google Play)
9) Double Check to make sure you have Firmware of Spark Updated / Remote / EACH Battery too.
10) Problem Solved.

DMX_MLT (Darryl)

Reference - https://forum.dji.com/thread-146031-1-1.html

If you have any problems let me know Buddy. Hope all works fine for you. Nice Evening.

2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

spacelord Posted at 2018-5-2 10:56

Sorry for the trouble it brings. Can you provide us a screenshot with the error message? I would recommend you try to find an IOS device to activate your spark first. Please keep us updated, thanks.   
2018-5-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

spacelord Posted at 2018-5-2 10:52
Hello,

yes I am using an Android device, since i dont have iOS.

Assistant 2/firmwareupdate  should work from a Mac, also.
Since you not writing about the "locked" problem, to me it looks like the "android" problem: No mobil data when connected to the Spark/RC.
Thats why you really need to connect the drone to a mac/pc with assistant 2 on, to try to get around the firmware update trouble.
Good luck
2018-5-2
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Spacelord did you manage to install everything as suggested ?
2018-5-3
Use props
DSA Inspector
New
Flight distance : 351 ft
United States

I purchased a spark fly more combo last week.  The remote control arrived DOA.  "Customer service "  tells me it will be another 2 weeks before I should expect a functional remote.  From reading these post and dealing with DJI, I am not impressed by the product I received or the attempt at customer service.   
2018-5-3
Use props
fans58190e9c
lvl.1

And turn your Bluetooth office before flight.
2018-10-23
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Ah, yes....

To get your spark set up on Android, you have to download and install an older version of DJI GO.

To update your spark's firmware you can use "DJI Assist 2" on a computer, or...

1. When the prompt comes up, go to android settings, disconnect from spark and connect to your wifi (or use 4G data).
2. Let it download the update.
3. Go back to settings, disconnect from wifi and connect to spark.
4. Let it update the spark.

This will take most of a battery.

To find the old app, look here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-146031-1-1.html If you don't have the problem named in the title, you will.

I too work in software and can't imagine this has been left since April.
2018-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules