1708 22 2018-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43845 ft
  • >>>
United States

[size=14.6667px]I am a Mac user. I have apple ecosystem and I am ready to buy the Final Cut Pro to edit my videos from my drones. I was using the free iMovie but I need more features. I was able to download the free trial for 30 days. I was able to learn iMovie since I am a little techy but I am having a hard time to figure out how to use the Final cut pro properly. Now I am having some dilemma if I will be able to utilize the $300 software. I need your help here who had a good amount of experience with the software. Is it worth the $300 or should I look for other options like Adobe Premier? Which one is user-friendly?
[size=14.6667px]All your inputs will be appreciated. Help me decide.
[size=14.6667px]

Single SelectVote, Total 35 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

14.29% (5)
31.43% (11)
54.29% (19)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-5-2
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I think Adobe Premiere Pro 2018 has good capability and versatility but so does Final Cut Pro, except it's only available on Mac. Microsoft Movie Maker is easy and does decent enough job, but it's only available up to 1080p though rendering speeds are much faster than Final Cut and Adobe Premiere. Personally I prefer DivX Converter to stitch and up-convert my Spark videos from 1080p to 4K, and you can create cinematic anamorphic 21:9 scale better with DivX than Final Cut or Adobe since you do not have to crop the image, DivX scales down the image exactly as you had before, it doesn't cut any of the picture.

I've taken all my 1080p Blu-rays that are in 16:9 aspect ratio and converted them because I watch them on a wall off my smartprojector and the black horizontal borders do not show like they do on a smartTV.

2018-5-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

So far Adobe seems to be the best, I switch between that and Movavi
2018-5-2
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

I use Cyberlink Power Director 16, user friendly, lifetime purchase. Huge assortment of free elements, transitions ect..Power Director 16  Many U-Tube tutorials as well.
2018-5-2
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

I use and love Adobe Premiere Pro 2018.  I really love all of the things you can do with it.  I also sometimes use Cyberlink power director and that is good as well.  
2018-5-2
Use props
Tomcatuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28743 ft

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-5-2 09:30
I think Adobe Premiere Pro 2018 has good capability and versatility but so does Final Cut Pro, except it's only available on Mac. Microsoft Movie Maker is easy and does decent enough job, but it's only available up to 1080p though rendering speeds are much faster than Final Cut and Adobe Premiere. Personally I prefer DivX Converter to stitch and up-convert my Spark videos from 1080p to 4K, and you can create cinematic anamorphic 21:9 scale better with DivX than Final Cut or Adobe since you do not have to crop the image, DivX scales down the image exactly as you had before, it doesn't cut any of the picture. I've taken all my 1080p Blu-rays that are in 16:9 aspect ratio and converted them because I watch them on a wall off my smartprojector and the black horizontal borders do not show like they do on a smartTV.

Microsoft movie maker has been discontinued.....that’s what I used to use...☹️
2018-5-2
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I have no doubt that Final Cut Pro is the best, but I was unprepared to pay the high price. After some searching settled on Wondershare Filmora, and am very happy with it.
2018-5-2
Use props
rparge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173852 ft
United States

DaVinci Resolve. Steep learning curve, but once you get it, it's great, and the price is right.
2018-5-2
Use props
ChaosKnign
lvl.4
Flight distance : 402877 ft
China

The “best” anything is subjective and comes down to personal preference. =)

Both of them have their merits and they are both powerful, bad-ass pieces of software that are worth their sticker price. Mess around with both and once you make your call, look for tutorials online, there are a bazillion of them.

Personally, I use Final Cut Pro X. It makes more sense to me than Adobe Premiere Pro.
2018-5-2
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>

Tomcatuk Posted at 2018-5-2 14:09
Microsoft movie maker has been discontinued.....that’s what I used to use...☹️

You can download the software here under this link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... tI/view?usp=sharing

2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-5-2 16:40
You can download the software here under this link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XgLMBH6uxtvMEBNjVArdnusoGxtSNztI/view?usp=sharing

Useful information, thanks for sharing.
2018-5-2
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-5-2 09:30
I think Adobe Premiere Pro 2018 has good capability and versatility but so does Final Cut Pro, except it's only available on Mac. Microsoft Movie Maker is easy and does decent enough job, but it's only available up to 1080p though rendering speeds are much faster than Final Cut and Adobe Premiere. Personally I prefer DivX Converter to stitch and up-convert my Spark videos from 1080p to 4K, and you can create cinematic anamorphic 21:9 scale better with DivX than Final Cut or Adobe since you do not have to crop the image, DivX scales down the image exactly as you had before, it doesn't cut any of the picture.

I've taken all my 1080p Blu-rays that are in 16:9 aspect ratio and converted them because I watch them on a wall off my smartprojector and the black horizontal borders do not show like they do on a smartTV.

I am new to this video editing and I thought I don't have enough patience to edit my videos until I tried editing in iMovie. Its a lot of work but its very fulfilling to see watch the videos I've taken with my drone.  iMovie is a good editor but it has limited features. Thanks for your input! I appreciate it.
2018-5-3
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

forbsie Posted at 2018-5-2 14:35
I have no doubt that Final Cut Pro is the best, but I was unprepared to pay the high price. After some searching settled on Wondershare Filmora, and am very happy with it.

Thank you for your input. I bet Final Cut Pro is a good one but I cannot figure out how to use it.
2018-5-3
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ChaosKnign Posted at 2018-5-2 16:32
The “best” anything is subjective and comes down to personal preference. =)

Both of them have their merits and they are both powerful, bad-ass pieces of software that are worth their sticker price. Mess around with both and once you make your call, look for tutorials online, there are a bazillion of them.

I am talking about personal preference. Like what you said, you use FCP. It may not be the best but as a Mac user, I was thinking of paying one time and get updates compared to Adobe that requires a subscription. Now I have to figure out how to use it.
2018-5-3
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>

IceBox-Murdock Posted at 2018-5-3 11:03
I am new to this video editing and I thought I don't have enough patience to edit my videos until I tried editing in iMovie. Its a lot of work but its very fulfilling to see watch the videos I've taken with my drone.  iMovie is a good editor but it has limited features. Thanks for your input! I appreciate it.

iMovie is suitable if you find it helpful for your video editing. It all comes down to whatever works for you, if you aren't needing big production software than any capable application can get the job done.
2018-5-3
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

forbsie Posted at 2018-5-2 14:35
I have no doubt that Final Cut Pro is the best, but I was unprepared to pay the high price. After some searching settled on Wondershare Filmora, and am very happy with it.

Thank you for your input.
2018-5-3
Use props
eried
lvl.4
Flight distance : 661362 ft
Norway

QuadKid Posted at 2018-5-2 11:00
I use Cyberlink Power Director 16, user friendly, lifetime purchase. Huge assortment of free elements, transitions ect..Power Director 16  Many U-Tube tutorials as well.

I like PowerDirector too, but sometimes it feels a bit limited
2018-5-3
Use props
Tomcatuk
lvl.4

Wow thanks for that, will grab it once on the pc :-) Bit of fiddling about but been getting them onto the iPad and doing simple edit on that using iMovie thanks again for the link.

2018-5-6
Use props
Tomcatuk
lvl.4

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-2 11:13
I use and love Adobe Premiere Pro 2018.  I really love all of the things you can do with it.  I also sometimes use Cyberlink power director and that is good as well.

I did look at adobe  but companies now seem to want you to pay monthly for software and I would simply want to buy outright.
2018-5-6
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wondershare Filmora for me!
2018-5-6
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

I mostly use Davinci Resolve 15 but on occasion I do use Cyberlink Power Direct.
2018-5-6
Use props
Duncandonut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2139291 ft
United Kingdom

Personally i use Sony Vegas Platinum Pro for my editing. Is very straight forward to use and does a great job (i think so anyway).
2018-5-6
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>

Tomcatuk Posted at 2018-5-6 07:20
Wow thanks for that, will grab it once on the pc :-) Bit of fiddling about but been getting them onto the iPad and doing simple edit on that using iMovie thanks again for the link.

Sure that version of Movie Maker syncs properly to the Microsoft server. It's true that Windows Essentials cursory download was discontinued last year, Microsoft Disability Answer Desk walked me through installing the larger version that still works. Movie Maker has always been a nice quick and dirty application to edit videos on the go.

There are some other applications still you can buy the software, such as Magix Movie Edit Pro and Sony Movie Studio (which Magix acquired).
2018-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules