Unable to insert micro SD card into Mavic Air
8283 17 2018-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_YQ4txgpwqhvM
lvl.1

Singapore

Hi guys,

I can't insert my micro SD card into my Mavic Air. I've tried exerting force and pushing it in but it doesn't stay inside and keeps jutting out. My new micro SD card is now "scratched" in the metalic golden areas.

Do I have to send my Mavic Air in for a repair?
2018-5-2
Use props
Stevom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19245 ft

They go in upside down. Push it and it’ll click into place.
2018-5-2
Use props
djiuser_YQ4txgpwqhvM
lvl.1

Singapore

Stevom Posted at 2018-5-2 11:48
They go in upside down. Push it and it’ll click into place.

The golden part on top, right? that's exactly what i did. There's no "click".
2018-5-2
Use props
Stevom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19245 ft

The golden terminals on top yes, push in with a blunt knife as fingers are difficult. Once flush with the back of the MA it should click in.
2018-5-2
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft

The click is really subtle, but you should see how the card stays inside without much problem. At least my only problem is to find something to push it inside, as my fingers are big to do that by myself.
2018-5-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

djiuser_YQ4txgpwqhvM Posted at 2018-5-2 11:49

The golden part on top

2018-5-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

djiuser_YQ4txgpwqhvM Posted at 2018-5-2 11:49

that's exactly what i did. There's no "click".

If it microSD card did not come out with spring loaded eject, say it was stuck and pulled out with tweezers, then microSD card likely will not 'click' when it is inserted.
The microSD card has to go in till rear edge of card is just below flush.

Next time card is removed by pushing gently in on rear edge of card, and card is spring load ejected - then when you re-insert card, you should feel spring pushing back and hear click as rear edge of card becomes flush.
2018-5-2
Use props
Acenspades
lvl.3
United States

dude your nails are hideous!   Get them to a manicure mah man!
Anyways, thanks for the reference pictures.  I've actually been using the internal storage for video and pics and i'm still waiting for a new micro SD to arrive.
2018-5-2
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There is nothing on your drone that you need to exert force on, gently insert the sd card with slight upward/downward pressure once inserted to lock the card and I mean 'slight' pressure.
2018-5-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Acenspades Posted at 2018-5-2 14:05
dude your nails are hideous!   Get them to a manicure mah man!
Anyways, thanks for the reference pictures.  I've actually been using the internal storage for video and pics and i'm still waiting for a new micro SD to arrive.

Ah, man.  Here I thought I did a great job on my nails using 7-inch angle grinder.  
I even soaked them in Palmolive!  
2018-5-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

M2Wair Posted at 2018-5-2 16:15
There is nothing on your drone that you need to exert force on, gently insert the sd card with slight upward/downward pressure once inserted to lock the card and I mean 'slight' pressure.

So are you saying, this is a bad idea for getting cards inserted?

2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. So have you solved the problem or not? If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help. Thanks!
2018-5-2
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-2 17:42
So are you saying, this is a bad idea for getting cards inserted?
https://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_19542.jpg?01AD=3eyamZGlyCD0YQG0Qc6lTA962RnopH7_Qr9Phg0Ccn_nDGD_BZwW98Q&01RI=54EEEF254B8A28C&01NA=na[/img]

we know it's a secret tool, don't tell them, they might pick up on the easy solution.
2018-5-3
Use props
kreamoz
lvl.1
France

Hi ! I've the same problem since this morning.
Unable to put th SD Card in my Mavic Pro, there is something that prevents you from pushing the card completely. I'm not a beginner, I put the card on the right side, but don't know why it's blocked. Is anyone got the same problem ?
2018-7-25
Use props
fanse0af0dab
lvl.2
United States

The cards are very difficult to get out also.  There are a couple videos on Youtube that show people using a small bit of scotch tape to create a "handle" to pull it out once you eject it.  Be careful not to get the tape on the terminals of the card, but it works as well as a tweezers.
2018-7-26
Use props
kreamoz
lvl.1
France

fanse0af0dab Posted at 2018-7-26 12:53
The cards are very difficult to get out also.  There are a couple videos on Youtube that show people using a small bit of scotch tape to create a "handle" to pull it out once you eject it.  Be careful not to get the tape on the terminals of the card, but it works as well as a tweezers.

Thank you for your answer, but I've no problem to extract the card, because  I can't put it in
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

kreamoz Posted at 2018-7-31 01:21
Thank you for your answer, but I've no problem to extract the card, because  I can't put it in

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, is this the first time that you'll use this SD card? what SD card are you using? Would it be possible if you can upload a short video of this issue for further check?
2018-7-31
Use props
EspeleoPR
New
Puerto Rico

Hello,  the same just happened to me right now. I just took SD card out, downloaded pictures and videos and now it wont get back in on my Mavic Air.
2020-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules