Stick mode
1357 9 2018-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EricThoren
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27116 ft
Sweden

Is there a way to change the stick mode so that it is always the same as when you choose the intelligent mode? I mean the one when for example turning left with the stick makes the drone go left no matter what direction the drone is pointed at...
2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Eric, you have to find the direction of drone and then move the sticker in order to fly your drone in the right position. Stick mode in the app means to change the exchange the function of the left and right stick. Please check the instruction of stick mode in the app.
2018-5-2
Use props
EricThoren
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-2 23:18
Eric, you have to find the direction of drone and then move the sticker in order to fly your drone in the right position. Stick mode in the app means to change the exchange the function of the left and right stick. Please check the instruction of stick mode in the app.

Thanks DJI Elektra! Yes, I have understood that - but was curious about the eventual possibility to have the sticks setup so that the drone always goes in the direction that the stick is pushed, regardless of the drone's direction - as it is in one of the intelligent flight modes.

I have someting wrong in my head I think - pushing left to have the drone go right when it is pointing at me - is never a natural move for me...
2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

EricThoren Posted at 2018-5-2 23:23
Thanks DJI Elektra! Yes, I have understood that - but was curious about the eventual possibility to have the sticks setup so that the drone always goes in the direction that the stick is pushed, regardless of the drone's direction - as it is in one of the intelligent flight modes.

I have someting wrong in my head I think - pushing left to have the drone go right when it is pointing at me - is never a natural move for me...

I understand your point, but sorry that the feature is not available in normal mode.
2018-5-3
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

EricThoren Posted at 2018-5-2 23:23
Thanks DJI Elektra! Yes, I have understood that - but was curious about the eventual possibility to have the sticks setup so that the drone always goes in the direction that the stick is pushed, regardless of the drone's direction - as it is in one of the intelligent flight modes.

You want it relative to your point of view? If you look for your drone the drone should fly in the direction of the stick movement you do? Or do want it global ?
2018-5-6
Use props
EricThoren
lvl.2
Sweden

@Peterx, I would like it to do so without having to choose a specific flight mode.
2018-5-6
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer

I think you must learn to control flight of the AC via HUD in the Go app or Litchi. If you let the AC turn the AC  180° you´ll get the opposite direction of the AC ´s movement to the stick movement. I think this is only available via FW upgrade or over had ware for headless. I use mostly F-Course lock for these maneuvers.
2018-5-6
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3372566 ft

I think what you are refering to is called "headless mode" that a lot of cheaper drones have where no matter which way the drone is facing left is aways left. DJI drones don't have a headless mode, the closest to that would be Course Lock and Home Lock. In course lock you face the phantom the way you want it to travel, set the course lock and then which ever way the drone is pointing, foward will always be the direction you set and left will always be left and so on....Home Lock is basically the same idea, except when in home lock mode, back will always bring the phantom straight back to you no matter which way it is facing.
2018-5-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You need to choose an intelligent flight mode for the stick functionality you request.

No you can't do that in your present state.

RedHotPoker
2018-5-6
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer

F-Course Lock is the so called "headless mode". Only the name of this function is different and the cheaper drones are switched to that mode over hardware only,and the DJI drones via software only.
2018-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules