Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My drone went crazy and is lost need help
2033 17 2018-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Ou450wUA1jwb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 483478 ft
Latvia

hello i was flying my drone all was ok when got gps error and drone went into atti mode and i tried to fly it home but then i lost visual like 2 mins later i could see home in camera but after losing visual nothing and like 2 mins later lost connection with remote then regained connection with remote and phone for like 15 sec but couldnt do anything it wont RTH to come becuse of gps showed no RTH anyone could tell me waht to do ? flight logsi checked on find my drone and its last location but nothing there i feel like it was alot closer to home but drifted with wind to one side too how do i add logs ? it doesnt allow me

2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the accident. Please kindly contact our support to start a case: https://www.dji.com/support. If the drone is still in warranty period, the local team will arrange data analysis for you. Thanks!
2018-5-2
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Captain
Flight distance : 10149541 ft
Canada

Feel terrible for you, and believe you me I know exactly how you feel, send in your log info DJI are very helpful in order to help you out.
2018-5-3
Use props
djiuser_Ou450wUA1jwb
lvl.1
Latvia

the thing is i bought it on loan i still have 36payments to be made 36x 36eur each month didnt even sleep this night thinking about what i have done
2018-5-3
Use props
Landbo
First Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

You can upload your flight log here: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/upload/  if you want others to comment on what happened. Remember to return a link to the log in a post.

Regards Leif.
2018-5-3
Use props
Landbo
First Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

djiuser_Ou450wUA1jwb Posted at 2018-5-3 05:00
the thing is i bought it on loan i still have 36payments to be made 36x 36eur each month didnt even sleep this night thinking about what i have done

Uff, it hurts. Hope you find your Mavic in one piece.

Regards Leif.
2018-5-3
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Follow the advice by posting your flight logs.  In the meantime, do some Searches on this forum and on MavicPilots.com.  They will also ask for flight logs and you'll be amazed at how much you can learn by reviewing the logs.  
2018-5-3
Use props
ghostrdr
First Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Bad enough to lose your drone. Even worse to be reminded of it every month.
2018-5-3
Use props
3-D
Captain
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

i concur with all that have advised to upload logs.  before i purchased mine, i read many posts where the drone was lost and then recovered within a few days.

Although i was only doing a test, i have used the "find my drone" feature in the DJI Go 4 app.  I led me to within a 3 meter area of where my drone had landed.

Here's to hoping you find it!
2018-5-3
Use props
djiuser_Ou450wUA1jwb
lvl.1
Latvia

checked alot 500m around last spot and started to do walk towards home but started raining hard log almsot full flight  somthing after gps crash
2018-5-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13395489 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Sorry about the loss of your drone buddy. I just browsed over the log and do not know how to read it well but saw that you were flying at around 350 meters altitude, that is illegal in I think all countries. Your second log shows that it does not have a gps lock when auto landed, maybe someone can look at it in detail and be able to give you some coordinates to look for it.
2018-5-3
Use props
djiuser_Ou450wUA1jwb
lvl.1
Latvia

Here in latvia if your drone is 500 + grams you need to ask people near by 50m to fly drone only nothing else is in our laws you can deliver items to prisoners and fly in airport all is legal here our law bad
2018-5-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-5-3 10:34
Sorry about the loss of your drone buddy. I just browsed over the log and do not know how to read it well but saw that you were flying at around 350 meters altitude, that is illegal in I think all countries. Your second log shows that it does not have a gps lock when auto landed, maybe someone can look at it in detail and be able to give you some coordinates to look for it.

were flying at around 350 meters altitude
log shows that it does not have a gps lock

I noticed that too.  
When you look at area drone was flying over and in - open and clear air
AND figure drone is well above (1,560 feet) any GPS interference (trees, buildings, ...)
AND goes from 16 or 17 satellites down to 0 satellites in 1/10th second (next ID interval)
---- it does not make sense.
Almost like drone's electronic GPS/IMU got scrambled.

Does appear RTH was activated and drone started to descend towards it's set RTH altitude, and RTH was canceled.  With drone going back to Cruise.

Once drone did start to descend (under Pilot control), and rate drone was descending, it could have flown another two to three minutes before hitting ground.

2018-5-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

I am very sorry to say it bluntly, not the drone went crazy but the pilot was at all times of this reckless flight. Taking off in sports mode as a beginner is already telling something, but flying at almost 500 meters altitude and up to 3227 meters distance is way beyond any permissible standards in Europe and also at the technical limits of the Mavic Air. Flying in that distance was on top only possible in FCC mode and by no way in the European CE mode.
And just to add to your reckless flying, when all the warnings started you did not make any effort at all to lower the altitude or to bring it back to you, to the opposite you ignored the warnings and flew further away. At 11m 48.1s AC not surprisigly went into ATTI mode and was carried by the wind.
100% irresponsible pilot bahaviour and fault. Nothing to add and any further analysis just waste of time, sorry again.
2018-5-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_Ou450wUA1jwb Posted at 2018-5-3 09:15
checked alot 500m around last spot and started to do walk towards home but started raining hard  log almsot full flight  somthing after gps crash

There is no explanation for warning gps no match either by dji or phantomhelp, so we don’t know really what it is , so I’m not going to speculate on that .
these  are your last known coordinates judging by other crashes on dji aircraft I would hazard a guess that it is somewhere within a 30 metre radius of these coordinates, your aircraft was in auto land so I expect it landed it had plenty of battery to land so I don’t believe it fell , at the end of auto land 1 metre above ground it would hover and wait for controller to to land if this doesn’t happen on critical battery it would just have landed, I see on your coordinates it is somewhere near library building.

Regarding what happened this will be one for dji.

57.794500, 25.134111
2018-5-3
Use props
djiuser_Ou450wUA1jwb
lvl.1
Latvia

i didnt check around my starting place i did grab my bike like after 5 mins after i understood that its gone and went to spot it showed  on find my drone. But if i switch my contorler on and have phone connected i will get atleast some sort of signal if i get near it ?
2018-5-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

djiuser_Ou450wUA1jwb Posted at 2018-5-3 13:26
i didnt check around my starting place i did grab my bike like after 5 mins after i understood that its gone and went to spot it showed  on find my drone. But if i switch my contorler on and have phone connected i will get atleast some sort of signal if i get near it ?

By now the battery is empty for sure and no more signal can be retrieved.
2018-5-3
Use props
Simmo1
First Officer
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

djiuser_Ou450wUA1jwb Posted at 2018-5-3 11:38
Here in latvia if your drone is 500 + grams you need to ask people near by 50m to fly drone only nothing else is in our laws you can deliver items to prisoners and fly in airport all is legal here our law bad

Drone regulations in Latvia
Francis Markert | Drone Blog | No Comments
Published: 31. July 2017, last updated: 31. January 2018

Maximum flight altitude: In Latvia, drones are allowed to fly up to a height of 120 meters.

Maximum horizontal distance and FPV: You should also operate your drone only in visibility in Latvia.

Compulsory insurance: We recommend you completing an aviation liability coverage for your drone.

Maximum take-off weight (MTOW): The maximum weight for unmanned airplanes is 20 kg.

Distance to airports: You have to keep a distance of 10 kilometers to airfields.

Other safe distances: Your copter must not approach people, animals, vehicles and flammable/explosive objects closer than 50 meters.

Flight bans: You are not allowed to fly over the following objects: buildings, bridges, railways, motorways, motorway crossroads, electricity and communications lines, cemeteries, gatherings of people, pilgrimage churches, and military infrastructures. You have to maintain a distance of 200 meters.

Specific regulations: The minimum age for controlling drones is 18 years in Latvia. Metal propellers must not be used. A designation of the drone with the name, address and telephone number of the owner must be made.

Regulations for commercial pilots: As far as I know there is no subdivision of private and commercial drone flights in Latvia.

Good to know: Drones must be able to land autonomously in Latvia in the case of a disconnection of the radio link (failsafe function).
2018-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules