Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
1 Day Left to Renew your Care Refresh
1234Next >
21369 149 2018-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

jimm00re Posted at 2018-5-4 11:04
Please advise how non-facebook users can take advantage of this program.

Sorry about this. You can also contact djicare@dji.com and film a drone verification video, the designated team will take care of it as well.
2018-5-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-5-4 15:49
How do we do this if we’re not Facebook users? Facebook mines user data, and I am not a member.

Come on DJI, we know you’re promoting your Facebook presence but there are many of us who refuse to use it. I’m right on the verge of purchasing a Mavic Pro Platinum. Don’t let this be the reason I decide not to continue my drone addiction.

Jeff, please check my message in 53# and contact djicare@dji.com, they will guide you the further steps.
2018-5-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans7490e698 Posted at 2018-5-4 19:23
Pfft. I wouldn't trust this warranty at all. Or any warranty that DJI offers for that matter. They don't own up to their warranties, even if they are the ones that caused the damage. I started getting a 'gimbal motor overload' error upon getting my drone back from repair. I sent my drone back a third time and they are saying that it is not covered under warranty any longer. It seems they will do anything to get out of their warranty. They caused the issue and now won't own up to repairing it. Unbelievable. Their customer service has a 0.9 rating out of 10 on over 187 reviews according to trustpilot.com. There are hundreds of other customers that are having this same issue with DJI not following through with their warranty. They are now saying that because it's out of warranty, they don't do anything about it, after they are the ones that broke it. So don't waste a cent on extra warranty when they don't own up to their own mistakes.

Sorry about this. Mindy has replied you in your own post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-145953-1-1.html
2018-5-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

TsukoYomi Posted at 2018-5-4 23:03
is it available for PH users?

I'm afraid not. We'll release on our website as long as more news is available.
2018-5-5
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-5 00:19
Jeff, please check my message in 53# and contact , they will guide you the further steps.

Thank you. Email sent.

Jeff
2018-5-5
Use props
fans73888802
New
United States

Thanks, but no thanks. The hoops you have to jump though (creating a verification video, for example) are insane. Heck, I don't OWN a video camera to take the video.

It's not worth it to me.
2018-5-5
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>

I've had my Spark and Mavic Pro for several months now and have DJI Care Refresh for both my drones, and I'll admit it has given me the peace of mind to fly more freely although the protection previously designed was in place for only 1 year. With this enhancement it allows fliers to apply the coverage now for a period of at least 2 years, which gives owners the confidence and assurance to know their investment will now be more long lasting.
2018-5-5
Use props
AussieFlyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 165213 ft
Australia

I think this is a great initiative from DJI. However, why do you have to upload a video as proof your drone can fly? This would be difficult for many, me included. Having to find a willing helper on a good flying day, with the right filming equipment, to film a flying drone seems an unnecessary means of proof. Why not utilise the Flight Record data of the drone? This seems to be the requirement of choice to provide irrefutable proof of all other DJI Warranty claims or disputes.
Edit:
I have just watched the 8 minute DJI Flight Verification video which details the requirements to film your drone to submit for the DJI Care Refresh+
I will now need to hire a film crew to fulfil this correctly. Maybe I could dance on one leg and whistle as well.
2018-5-5
Use props
Oglo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 181693 ft
Australia

Based in Australia.
Is this another over complicated support offer?
Previously had Care Refresh, just expired few weeks ago..
Received email offer. Willingly pulled out credit card to hand currency over to company.

I've had one replacement unit from water damage through Care Refresh.
Attempted to go through the registration process and it says "serial number has no DJI Care record".  ??!*!?!?!?  (tried both old & new serial numbers).
So why doesn't DJI have a " record" of my unit's Care Refresh?? The offer even said "Has your DJI Care Refresh Expired? Don’t Worry!".
Read the fine print "Before purchase, contact DJI Support on Facebook Messenger....."    ??!*!?!?!? No.2
Never have had, never will have a Facebook account. You would have to extract all my fingernails before i would join up to that company.

So from a company that produces a "world's best" hi-tech product with incredibly sophisticated software, they can't track their sold units or care plans, they want users to sign up to a dodgy third party, then it appears they want you to make a video production proving the unit still runs....... go figure.

So why not -
Fly the unit and upload flight record on the DJI site
Or
Connect to DJI Assistant and do the same thing.
????????????????

Who on earth runs these programs.
2018-5-5
Use props
mz-in-norcal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1005049 ft
United States

I'm curious about the water damage coverage. Around here, if I have a water landing, I most likely won't be able to dive after the Mavic and retrieve it. So, I assume I don't have any coverage for water landings where I can't retrieve the drone, correct?

While it would be possible from the flight records on the controller to see that the drone has landed in the water, I assume that is not sufficient to allow one to utilize the Care coverage, correct?
2018-5-5
Use props
Enri
Second Officer
Flight distance : 683501 ft
Italy

That is what I was waiting for!  great news team!
2018-5-6
Use props
Enri
Second Officer
Flight distance : 683501 ft
Italy

I would like an official statement with reason to exclude all european owners. Did we pay less for the first care service ?!
2018-5-6
Use props
Duncandonut
Captain
Flight distance : 2139291 ft
United Kingdom

Any more information as to why it isn’t available in Europe ? I find very strange that a huge percentage of your customers are not eligible. Can someone from DJI please enlighten us. Thank you.
2018-5-6
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Duncandonut Posted at 2018-5-6 10:18
Any more information as to why it isn’t available in Europe ? I find very strange that a huge percentage of your customers are not eligible. Can someone from DJI please enlighten us. Thank you.

Why not in Europe?
2018-5-6
Use props
Oglo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 181693 ft
Australia

"Has your DJI Care Refresh Expired? Don’t Worry!"
Yeh, my Care Refresh just expired so ... Don't worry??? This is a total joke.

Decided to go through the process of verifying that my Mavic is OK.
From DJI CARE: "Once your video passes the verification, you will receive an email that provides information how you can purchase the DJI Care Refresh +. You can learn more about the video verification process through this link: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload. "
Their "AIRCRAFT VERIFICATION VIDEO SAMPLE" takes 8 minutes, this is from a demonstator who has rehearsed multiple times, and most likely done many takes to get it to flow, I can imagine this took a day for them to get it right.

So far I've spent 3+ hours following their requirements.....
I don't have access to someone who can help for a few hours to help make the video.
You need to be reading their requirement notes, handling the MP(Drone), Battery, RC as well as operating a camera all at the same time, all while video-ing continuously, no stops, no putting down camera etc.
I don't have a video camera, so I could use my phone - but how do I mount the phone out in a field so I can show everything - it won't mount onto a tripod, if I put the phone down it will invalidate the video.
So I pull out an old stills camera that can shoot video, as I can mount it on a tripod.
So:
I watch their video.
Print out instructions.
Charge all batteries.
Pack up.
Walk to local park.
Set up Drone & camera.
Try 3x to get sequence - wind blows over tripod, stumble trying to remember where IMU is on menu, miss framing when trying to show GO4 app & so on...
4th attempt appeared to show entire sequence, but still(video) camera turns off on last verification process (8 minutes in) as out of memory card space.
All batteries flat.
Just got back and looked at video: the S/N isn't intelligible, the shots off the GO4 screen have high sky reflectance, and so on.
I still have to upload a nearly 2GB file to YT.
Upload will take my PC about 3 hours....
Then I "maybe" eligible to give them money.

Did I mention this before: THIS IS A TOTAL JOKE OF AN OFFER.
2018-5-6
Use props
AussieFlyer
Second Officer
Australia

Oglo Posted at 2018-5-6 21:40
"Has your DJI Care Refresh Expired? Don’t Worry!"
Yeh, my Care Refresh just expired so ... Don't worry??? This is a total joke.

Dear Oglo

You sure are a negative fellow aren't you?

Just hire a film crew and get on with it. How hard can it be? Don't forget to dance on one leg and whistle while you are getting the footage.

ps If you live down my way (Mornington Peninsula Victoria) we could do this together.
2018-5-6
Use props
Mbedward79
lvl.1
Flight distance : 369993 ft
United States

my drone was bought in oct 2017 can  i add any care or refresh plus to It?
2018-5-7
Use props
Eagle_Eye
First Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

This is GREAT but I don't use FACEBOOK!!!!!!
NOW WHAT?
2018-5-7
Use props
Mike Gorski
lvl.1
United States

I have been trying to submit my verification video for DJI Care Refresh for two days, and I keep getting this page when I click the submit button:
How can I fix this?
2018-5-7
Use props
Firehawk989
First Officer
Flight distance : 198904 ft
Canada

Thanks for sharing this, I will certainly consider purchasing before my Care Refresh runs out.
2018-5-7
Use props
Steve H i2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322579 ft

Can you take out a policy if you did not take one out at the start ???
2018-5-7
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-5 00:19
Jeff, please check my message in 53# and contact , they will guide you the further steps.

Success! Warranty extended 12 months. Thank you DJI, this was very nice of you to do.

I'm so happy about this, I'm placing an order for a Mavic Pro Platinum tomorrow morning.

Jeff
2018-5-7
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
  • >>>

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2018-5-7 05:29
This is GREAT but I don't use FACEBOOK!!!!!!
NOW WHAT?

I don't use Facecrook either, and I was able to easily complete this by sending an email to djicare@dji.com. It's much simpler than it's being made out to be. It took a day, due to the timezones and a couple emails.

Jeff
2018-5-7
Use props
Dave 20838
New
Flight distance : 29823 ft
Canada

Which coverage for the phantom 4
2018-5-7
Use props
Mad Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1398950 ft
United States

It’s bull, just another way to get more money
2018-5-8
Use props
Mad Mavic
lvl.3
United States

It’s all a smokescreen
2018-5-8
Use props
Mad Mavic
lvl.3
United States

Refresh is a money racket
2018-5-8
Use props
METROID
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105741 ft
Russia

Mad Mavic Posted at 2018-5-8 02:15
Refresh is a money racket

Why? You are not forced to buy it )))
2018-5-8
Use props
sSunsets
First Officer
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Thank you, Good service is nice when ya need it.
2018-5-8
Use props
Igordur
First Officer
Flight distance : 620696 ft
United States

Yes, WHY ?
2018-5-9
Use props
Entropia666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 249088 ft
France

Just a curiosity, you guys from US seem to get an awesome service from StateFarm, why would you go for this?
2018-5-9
Use props
part-time
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92277 ft
United States

Turn and burn.   Ready for take off.  Great news...
2018-5-9
Use props
AACY
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518012 ft
China

Really nice thing out of DJI to do. Received a text message with the notification, went to their customer support chat. Made the video, sent it out and Bam! Approved to apply for the refresh+ program bought it and another year of peace of mind is in the bag. Thanks to the DJI team for making this happen.
2018-5-9
Use props
Bluehook
First Officer
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-4 23:53
Thanks for reaching us! Please kindly note that there are two parts in DJI Care Refresh+:

1. Extended Warranty: The product’s extended warranty period is based on the purchase date of DJI Care Refresh + and the warranty of the product or components. Currently. the warranty period for the gimbal, camera, and vision sensors is 6 months. With DJI Care Refresh+, you can still claim warranty service if one component has been expired but the DJI Care Refresh is still valid.

How much?

2018-5-10
Use props
Tomcatuk
Captain
Flight distance : 28743 ft

They have certainly gone about this the wrong way, Apply here.... no price, only available in..??? who on earth posted this.... great offer but.....
2018-5-10
Use props
Duncandonut
Captain
Flight distance : 2139291 ft
United Kingdom

So still no clarification as to why Europe is excluded from this offer.
2018-5-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans73888802 Posted at 2018-5-5 08:54
Thanks, but no thanks. The hoops you have to jump though (creating a verification video, for example) are insane. Heck, I don't OWN a video camera to take the video.

It's not worth it to me.

Video verification is required if the DJI Care Refresh is expired, and I'm sorry if this bothers you. If there is anything else we can help, please let us know.
2018-5-10
Use props
marklyn59
First Officer
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

Question about one of the exclusions:
11. Damage resulting from the use of third party accessories, batteries or software.

Does this mean if something happens while I'm using Litchi that it won't be covered?
2018-5-10
Use props
AussieFlyer
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-10 18:03
Video verification is required if the DJI Care Refresh is expired, and I'm sorry if this bothers you. If there is anything else we can help, please let us know.

Dear DJI Susan

I am confused.

Video verification is required if DJI Care Refresh has expired.

Further to post #46 are you saying that if you have current Care Refresh with one replacement left, that no video verification is required?

2018-5-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Oglo Posted at 2018-5-5 22:31
Based in Australia.
Is this another over complicated support offer?
Previously had Care Refresh, just expired few weeks ago..

Oglo, we're sorry for the troubles. May I have your last case number and aircraft SN for the double check? We'll try our best to help you out.  
2018-5-10
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules