p4p with goggles problems need help
840 17 2018-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4109377 ft
  • >>>

well 2 days ago I got my DJI goggles and yesterday the HDMI card came so fitted it last night and took the day off work (no pay) for some fun with my goggles all I get is 30m up and 50m away can't find how to change it but when I connect my iPad it is set to 120m high and was fine up to 40m and away at 50m but the when I plugged HDMI into the goggles I had no image and the go app would be disconnected on my iPad and
  well unhappy today all that money and it don’t work

2018-5-3
Use props
Damjo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 324826 ft
United States

Try using the USB side with your googles. There have been problems with the HDMI lately. You need to start up with your table or phone the attached the goggles and your range should be fine.
2018-5-3
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

"for some fun with my goggles all I get is 30m up and 50m away can't find how to change it"

What you need to do to overcome the 30m altitude and 50m radius restrictions is to initiate your aircraft first using a tablet or a phone running a copy of DJI Go 4 which has been logged into your DJI account.
Once you see the safe to fly appear you can swap USB cable from display device to Goggles. As well as lifting this restriction, you will now also have some functional control of the aircraft through the goggles control panel.

The HDMI connection gives you FPV video only without any control functionality using the Goggles, for that you must use the USB connection.

Edit 1:- If you want to use HDMI for FPF view and Tablet connected via USB for control, the firstly you need to refresh the RC firmware to enable the HDMI module, and then activate the HDMI in the Goggle (one of the sub menus in Goggles ).
2018-5-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry to read the troubles. It is recommended to connect DJI GO 4 to get the restrictions first.
Also, please make sure the RC firmware has been refreshed after mounting the HDMI module.
2018-5-3
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>

thank you all for your help i did do the handset update i will tell you all how i get on with my next flight
2018-5-3
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Aardvark Posted at 2018-5-3 14:19
"for some fun with my goggles all I get is 30m up and 50m away can't find how to change it"

What you need to do to overcome the 30m altitude and 50m radius restrictions is to initiate your aircraft first using a tablet or a phone running a copy of DJI Go 4 which has been logged into your DJI account.

Other reports that you would need to be in the air before changing to the goggles?
If it can be done before taking off it sure would be safer but best would be if this login requirement wasn't there at all...
2018-5-3
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-3 23:25
Other reports that you would need to be in the air before changing to the goggles?
If it can be done before taking off it sure would be safer but best would be if this login requirement wasn't there at all...

Now you've planted the seed of doubt in my mind.
I'd have to check on P4, look at some of the demo videos on the tube, some are quite detailed showing setup.
I've mostly used Goggles with Mavic Pro where the display device is permanently connected during flight.
2018-5-4
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-3 18:45
Sorry to read the troubles. It is recommended to connect DJI GO 4 to get the restrictions first.
Also, please make sure the RC firmware has been refreshed after mounting the HDMI module.

Susan, a suggestion for your engineers to consider:-

Would it be possible to build the log in process into the Goggles firmware ? When Goggles connected to a PC, and DJI Assistant 2 in use.

Assistant 2 has to be logged in to server using your email address. Can't something be set in goggles at this point to indicate logged in (restriction disable), which is then transferred by goggles firmware to aircraft when connected; the aircraft then knows the Goggles are 'logged on' and allows unrestricted flight ?
2018-5-4
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Aardvark Posted at 2018-5-4 01:06
Now you've planted the seed of doubt in my mind.
I'd have to check on P4, look at some of the demo videos on the tube, some are quite detailed showing setup.
I've mostly used Goggles with Mavic Pro where the display device is permanently connected during flight.

Sorry that was not the intention, i just wondered as i was not sure when posting my reply in the other thread but the next reply made it seem important that it also had left ground before doing the switch.
I newer had that problem when tested a pair as the + was logged in and only HDMI was possible back then.
2018-5-4
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-4 01:21
Sorry that was not the intention, i just wondered as i was not sure when posting my reply in the other thread but the next reply made it seem important that it also had left ground before doing the switch.
I newer had that problem when tested a pair as the + was logged in and only HDMI was possible back then.

It's a good point though, and one I'll need to check, just for my own curiosity if nothing else
2018-5-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Aardvark Posted at 2018-5-4 01:08
Susan, a suggestion for your engineers to consider:-

Would it be possible to build the log in process into the Goggles firmware ? When Goggles connected to a PC, and DJI Assistant 2 in use.

It sounds like a cool idea. I'll forward to our engineers for review.
2018-5-10
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-10 01:25
It sounds like a cool idea. I'll forward to our engineers for review.

Thank you
2018-5-10
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>

when i want to use my goggles i have to do the take off then swap them over from my tablet it is a mess around so most the time i don't get to use them and think i wasted my money when i was looking into buying them it said i would only be able to fly with a cable and i was happy with that but then to have plug in then unplug then plug in again every time i change the battery i have paid extra for 3 battires   for my drone so i get plenty of time flying and to make it worse now my iPad doesn't work proply if i use the HDMI port it makes the signal week on HD but is fine on my Samsung s8  so this must be some DJIGO update when i got my phantom 4 i was told the best tablet was the iPad mini 2 was the right tablet for the job this is the only apple product i got this just for the drone is this out of date now?
sorry for all the ranting starting to see i am wasting my money with DJI
2018-5-25
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I now fly with my goggle via the HDMI port thus keeping Tab S2 in play still so no limits, i have no real use for the functionality of the P4P through the goggles so it makes sense this way, ok, so its only in 720 i believe, again, i can live with that too, 90% of my flights are with the goggles now, i should really get some wing (arm) mirrors ;)
2018-5-25
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>

thats not the point i have been flying that way but do like the features
2018-5-25
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wizzokartworld Posted at 2018-5-25 23:23
thats not the point i have been flying that way but do like the features

Whats not chap?
2018-5-26
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>

that you use them just has a headset i want to use them with there functions i now have a problem with them for some reason the top of the screen in the headset is flashing funny lines i will try to upload a video of it tomorrow
2018-5-26
Use props
neonadler
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Thanks for your suggestion.
2018-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules