Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimble Covers
1057 11 2018-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NedUK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 555262 ft
United Kingdom

Which gimble cover are you all using, ive had 2 off amazon and the lug that holds it in keeps breaking....

cheers
2018-5-3
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I like this one:
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0744KPR7T
2018-5-3
Use props
NedUK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 555262 ft
United Kingdom

msinger Posted at 2018-5-3 12:00
I like this one:

That’s the one.. the little lug that holds it in keeps breaking
2018-5-3
Use props
Nixtoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft

I have the same one, not had a breakage yet?
2018-5-3
Use props
Duncdude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18491 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same one. When the Spark is powered down the camera moves so freely i cant believe DJI didnt include a cover as part of the package. Never bought a camera or lens that hasnt included a lens cover. The Gimbal is even more sensitive to damage than just a single element.
2018-5-9
Use props
N2eav
lvl.1

hi i am new to the dpi spark do these covers affect the quality of the photo and video.
2018-5-9
Use props
deedub35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131680 ft

N2eav Posted at 2018-5-9 05:25
hi i am new to the dpi spark do these covers affect the quality of the photo and video.

It's only used when transporting the drone. You remove the gimbal cover when flying.
2018-5-9
Use props
Gunship9
Captain
United States

I have the one msinger uses.  It is only installed when I am stuffing it in the bag that came with the fly more combo.  I never use the gimbal cover when the Spark is in the foam storage box.  The cover has never broke and seems a perfect fit.  Maybe it is the way the OP is removing the cover by prying on it like a beast.
2018-5-9
Use props
Antipaxi
First Officer

Romania

I use this one. If I place the AC in the foam box it stays slightly opened, so I carefully cut the foam about 2 mm with a surgical knife so now it closes smoothly. I don't know how tough the gimble is but it sure looks puny.
2018-5-9
Use props
Sparky_17
Captain
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

msinger Posted at 2018-5-3 12:00
I like this one:

I was thinking of ordering that same one.
2018-5-9
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>

I keep the Spark inside its original case that store it with two batteries. The pre-molded cutout doesn't allow for any gimbal covers so I never purchased one mainly because the Spark stays inside the case whenever it's not being flown. If you store the Spark then there's little need for gimbal cover and keeping it inside the case is probably the best way to preserve the gimbal itself.
2018-5-9
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-5-9 11:16
I keep the Spark inside its original case that store it with two batteries. The pre-molded cutout doesn't allow for any gimbal covers so I never purchased one mainly because the Spark stays inside the case whenever it's not being flown. If you store the Spark then there's little need for gimbal cover and keeping it inside the case is probably the best way to preserve the gimbal itself.

Speaking about the Spark Case, I purchased the Mavic Pro alone not the Fly More Combo, and I was a little disappointed no hard foam-like case with the Spark or Phantom was provided by DJI for the Mavic Pro.

I think DJI should actually release a storage case for the Mavic Pro, since technically the only DJI Mavic Pro carry case is the included bag that comes with the Fly More Combo.

Given DJI Care Refresh+ referencing drone warranty increasing in duration, if the Mavic Pro is built to last then shouldn't DJI provide owners with a non-3rd party alternative?
2018-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules