DJI Spark RC(Trouble connecting with phone and bad signal)
1939 3 2018-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_MZe0RJzRHSLQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 406814 ft
Norway

Hi, i am a new user to this forum. Here is my problem with my remote controller(RC) for my DJI Spark.

1. I turn on the drone. 2. I turn on the rc and let it connect to the drone. 3. I turn on wifi on my phone and connect to the RC.

When i do this process, point 1 and 2 is always succesfull. I would say maybe 20-30% of the times my phone is not able to locate the wifi signal the RC is transmitting.
I have a Samsung S8. If this problem occurs i have to restart my RC before my phone finds the wifi and is able to connect.

This is not a major problem, but it is making me very frustrated because it is just annoying to have to restart the controller because there is something wrong with the RC wifi connection. Anyone else have this problem and is there a way to fix this?

My problem number 2 is that when i am fully connected to the drone i sometimes get very blurry and distorted video transmission showing on my phone.

Even if i put my drone in a clear field with no obstacles to interfere with the signals i get this bad uplink to the drone that shows me low quality image on the phone.

This problem is solved by restarting the RC and connecting the phone again...which in turn problem number 1 comes back up which i wrote about earlier in the thread.

Hope anyone can give me some tips about these problem and what i can do about it.

2018-5-3
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
Second Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Try put your smartphone in airplane mode, only with WiFi on, and if you have a smart watch, keep it away from your RC and smartphone.
2018-5-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Since you have trouble in the third step, I would recommend you enter the wifi-setting and choose custom mode, then you can change the channel into 5.8 G. In this case, the connection between mobile device and RC is 2.4 G. As some Android device does not support 5.8 G in Europe, please stick to 5.8 G. Also, you can try the method in 2# to avoid interference.
2018-5-3
Use props
djiuser_MZe0RJzRHSLQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 406814 ft
Norway

What do you mean to change the wifi connection?

If you mean custom mode in the controller it is already on 5ghz frequency.
2018-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules