Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Zenmuse Z30 Won't Zoom
3080 14 2018-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MBM155
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1244062 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought a new Z30 camera and installed the latest firmware update with success.  The camera is attached to an M210 which is also up to date on firmware.  For some reason the zoom functions do not work and the camera will not toggle between camera / video modes.  I do have live feed from the camera and the gimbal controls work properly.  Anyone experience anything similar or have any ideas?
2018-5-3
Use props
YOYOMAN
First Officer
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

Hi, Are you using Ipad right? If yes, I've already heard this issue. Could you tell us what App you're trying to zoom with ?
2018-5-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please make sure you have turned on the TapZoom Switch, like YOYOMAN mentioned, what mobile device you are using and the APP version? Can you please try another mobile device to see if the issue persists? GTScreenshot_20180504_160956.png
2018-5-4
Use props
MBM155
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

So after powering down the aircraft for a while I decided to switch the camera to gimbal #1 and boom!  it worked.    So I experimented with another M210 same issue.  The Z30 will only zoom on gimbal #1, not gimbal #2.  Odd since all the literature out there says it should be operating on both gimbals.  I'm still getting quite a bit of drift when zoomed out though.

I'm using the DJI crystal sky with Cendence remote.  The aircraft, camera, remote, app were all updated prior to my first attempt.
2018-5-4
Use props
MBM155
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-4 00:12
Please make sure you have turned on the TapZoom Switch, like YOYOMAN mentioned, what mobile device you are using and the APP version? Can you please try another mobile device to see if the issue persists?[view_image]

So after powering down the aircraft for a while I decided to switch the camera to gimbal #1 and boom!  it worked.    So I experimented with another M210 same issue.  The Z30 will only zoom on gimbal #1, not gimbal #2.  Odd since all the literature out there says it should be operating on both gimbals.  I'm still getting quite a bit of drift when zoomed out though.

I'm using the DJI crystal sky with Cendence remote.  The aircraft, camera, remote, app were all updated prior to my first attempt.
2018-5-4
Use props
YOYOMAN
First Officer
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

MBM155 Posted at 2018-5-4 06:34

still no any information about the App you use........
2018-5-4
Use props
MBM155
lvl.1
  • >>>

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-5-4 09:04
still no any information about the App you use........

I'm sorry, I was using DJI Go 4 app since I only had the one camera attached to the a/c
2018-5-4
Use props
kozlio#
Second Officer
Canada

So after powering down the aircraft for a while I decided to switch the camera to gimbal #1 and boom!  it worked.    So I experimented with another M210 same issue.  The Z30 will only zoom on gimbal #1, not gimbal #2.  Odd since all the literature out there says it should be operating on both gimbals.  I'm still getting quite a bit of drift when zoomed out though.

same here, the z30 only zooms when on gimbal position #1. if on #2, zoom doesn't work. quite a bug eh
2018-5-5
Use props
MBM155
lvl.1
  • >>>

kozlio# Posted at 2018-5-5 15:14
same here, the z30 only zooms when on gimbal position #1. if on #2, zoom doesn't work. quite a bug eh

Do you get camera drift as well?
2018-5-6
Use props
kozlio#
Second Officer
Canada

MBM155 Posted at 2018-5-6 09:11
Do you get camera drift as well?

more on z30 drift here:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-118752-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-118607-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=130726

yeah, there is drift at 30x, typically veers to the right. slow but noticeable. where possible, i use the z30 fully zoomed in from the left so it drifts to the right on its own, without the gimbal slide controllers.
2018-5-6
Use props
kozlio#
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-4 00:12
Please make sure you have turned on the TapZoom Switch, like YOYOMAN mentioned, what mobile device you are using and the APP version? Can you please try another mobile device to see if the issue persists?[view_image]

Hi Mindy,
does DJI have any plans to implement the DJI Z30 zoom functionality on their DJI GS Pro app?
2018-5-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

So after powering down the aircraft for a while I decided to switch the camera to gimbal #1 and boom!  it worked.    So I experimented with another M210 same issue.  The Z30 will only zoom on gimbal #1, not gimbal #2.  Odd since all the literature out there says it should be operating on both gimbals.  I'm still getting quite a bit of drift when zoomed out though.

When the dual gimbals are being controlled separately, TapZoom and Spotlight can be used on the Zenmuse Z30 no matter if it is mounted to gimbal connector I or gimbal connector II.

When the dual gimbals are being controlled at the same time, TapZoom and Spotlight can be only used on the Zenmuse Z30 when it is mounted to the gimbal connector I.
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

kozlio# Posted at 2018-5-6 16:31
Hi Mindy,
does DJI have any plans to implement the DJI Z30 zoom functionality on their DJI GS Pro app?

Our engineers are working on it, this function will be supported in the future, appreciate your patience very much.
2018-5-7
Use props
Cass
lvl.1

United States

Hello does anyone know if the Zenmuse Z30 (used with a Cendence/ Crystal Sky) is now working properly on gimbal #2 on an M210? TIA
2018-11-28
Use props
djiuser_rFip4K5SiwAh
lvl.1

United States

Old thread but seems relevant. I'm running a matrice 200 with a zenmuse X5S. I've lost all zoom control, it doesn't even show up on my screen. Everything up dated, running crystal sky - cendence. Please help
2021-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules