Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic Air Firmware Released
54498 190 2018-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
3-D
Captain
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-5-5 05:00
i took my Air up for the first time today after the firmware update.  as long as i was within 500 feet(distance), the movement was smooth as normal, however once beyond 500 ft, the video signal was very choppy and hung alot.   

I'm the only difference from my last flights is the firmware.  I was able to fly upwards of 2000 ft away with no problems before the update.  now it's not pleasant.  I hope this is an anomoaly, because it CLEARLY said that there is no going back from this update.

in order to fix my problem, i ended up uninstalling the GO4 app and reinstalling.  even though i had just updated to the latest version.

That has solved most of my problems for now.  i took it out to about 300m and up about 30m and it did much better.
2018-5-7
Use props
sstimeare
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41437 ft
United States

I've been having issues after update.  My MA now drifts and rotates on it's own.   While recording it would start to pan left, i would constantly try to compensate and it would then continue to roatate.  After a few seconds it would stop.  MA also would drift continuously to the left.  I redid all my settings after update.  Did compass calibration and IMU as well.  I'm positive this is because of the update, everything worked perfectly before the firmware update.  I've updated the drone, remote and batteries using Assistant 2..  I also made sure i Downloaded the newest version of GO4.   
2018-5-7
Use props
Bill B
First Officer
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

sstimeare Posted at 2018-5-7 07:05
I've been having issues after update.  My MA now drifts and rotates on it's own.   While recording it would start to pan left, i would constantly try to compensate and it would then continue to roatate.  After a few seconds it would stop.  MA also would drift continuously to the left.  I redid all my settings after update.  Did compass calibration and IMU as well.  I'm positive this is because of the update, everything worked perfectly before the firmware update.  I've updated the drone, remote and batteries using Assistant 2..  I also made sure i Downloaded the newest version of GO4.

Same here, I noticed this quick rotation of a few degrees while hovering. No stick input form me and the air would snap to the left or right a few degrees. Weird. Don't know if I should trust it or not. This is going to get interesting i'm sure. Before the update it never displayed this behavior.
2018-5-7
Use props
Robogo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73343 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All,

I have the Mavic Air (only a few weeks old) and yesterday I saw this error message while I was flying: 'Motor Current Error. Check your propellers and fly with caution.'. There was no wind whatsoever, temperature was like 23°C (~75°F), sunny. I flew my drone the day before and 3 days last weekend and had no problem with it at all. After Saturday's flights when I came home I updated the firmware (.0400) and then I received this error yesterday. First I've got it in Sport mode (only did like 5 seconds of it tho') then later I've got the error kinda randomly. When I was flying slower or faster, even when hovering, did not matter (I have recorded my screen). The props are brand new basically.
I did refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant and tried it again today but I had the same error message a few times during my flights (45-50 minutes in total). Another guy had the same issue after updating the firmware in his drone.
Any ideas? Thoughts?
Thank you guys.

Kind regards, Rob
2018-5-7
Use props
DH_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

So far reading this thread doesn't seem to me that this new FW is very reliable. I will rather stay with older one for some time.
2018-5-7
Use props
joe_gadget
Second Officer

Australia

DH_Pilot Posted at 2018-5-7 11:00
So far reading this thread doesn't seem to me that this new FW is very reliable. I will rather stay with older one for some time.

My experience with DJI drones is never to update until it's stable (especially if there are no issues with the installed firmware, unless some new feature is included). On one of my older drones it's on 3 gens old firmware as it worked the best.
2018-5-7
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2730026 ft
  • >>>
United States

DH_Pilot Posted at 2018-5-7 11:00
So far reading this thread doesn't seem to me that this new FW is very reliable. I will rather stay with older one for some time.

Same here. I had to back out of the update and go to one back in Sept. '17 for my tablet when flying my Pro. Kept the new version on my phone for the Air because in Sept. '17, the app didn't know there was such a thing as the Air. This kinda sucks. But I'm going to hold steady until the "improvements" are fixed.
2018-5-7
Use props
fansa7dc5944
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

If everyone is waiting then no one can tell the issue story. Unless DJI allows us to goback to known good version like they did years ago then everyone can try and the issues will be reported and fixed.
2018-5-7
Use props
FanOfFlight
First Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

Robogo Posted at 2018-5-7 10:34
Hi All,

I have the Mavic Air (only a few weeks old) and yesterday I saw this error message while I was flying: 'Motor Current Error. Check your propellers and fly with caution.'. There was no wind whatsoever, temperature was like 23°C (~75°F), sunny. I flew my drone the day before and 3 days last weekend and had no problem with it at all. After Saturday's flights when I came home I updated the firmware (.0400) and then I received this error yesterday. First I've got it in Sport mode (only did like 5 seconds of it tho') then later I've got the error kinda randomly. When I was flying slower or faster, even when hovering, did not matter (I have recorded my screen). The props are brand new basically.

Also had this check props message.  I did and they were find.  I had it like 5 times over 4 batteries and despite the error, I backed off the throttle a bit and it was find and went away.
2018-5-7
Use props
FanOfFlight
First Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

joe_gadget Posted at 2018-5-7 14:43
My experience with DJI drones is never to update until it's stable (especially if there are no issues with the installed firmware, unless some new feature is included). On one of my older drones it's on 3 gens old firmware as it worked the best.

There is one major flow with your wait until its stable idea...  the firmware never seems to get stable, or its very rare.  and even then, a while later, it seems like a critical fix comes out.

I now pretty much wait for a handful of reports then update.  Hasn't back fired yet on me.
2018-5-7
Use props
joe_gadget
Second Officer

Australia

FanOfFlight Posted at 2018-5-7 19:33
There is one major flow with your wait until its stable idea...  the firmware never seems to get stable, or its very rare.  and even then, a while later, it seems like a critical fix comes out.

I now pretty much wait for a handful of reports then update.  Hasn't back fired yet on me.

Fair point. Although TBH unlike phone apps or software I generally don't update a/c firmware unless I have a flight issue or a new feature has come out.
2018-5-7
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>

sky6105 Posted at 2018-5-4 00:24
I think all of Florida is under 25mph or plus winds.
I flew the new version yesterday with no problems was fighting the winds a bit.
it flew great.

Winds finally calmed down in Miami but this weekend was a bust too bad cuz Cinco de Mayo was crazy at the sandbar
2018-5-7
Use props
SykkyB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 466982 ft
Belarus

Hi, Did they fixed No working WIFi mode from mobile issue???
so once you try to activate WiFI mode holding rear button for 4 seconds -2 neeps wifi ssid is not broadcasted and you can connect to MA wifi using mobile.,..
no replyes from support, no solution on forums so far..
2018-5-7
Use props
Robogo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73343 ft
United Kingdom

FanOfFlight Posted at 2018-5-7 19:31
Also had this check props message.  I did and they were find.  I had it like 5 times over 4 batteries and despite the error, I backed off the throttle a bit and it was find and went away.

Well, the problem still exists and I had the message even when the drone was hovering only!
Had no problem with it before the update....
2018-5-8
Use props
Sohrab.YY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 93694 ft

Robogo Posted at 2018-5-8 06:45
Well, the problem still exists and I had the message even when the drone was hovering only!
Had no problem with it before the update....

I have got the same error at very first flight after updating the firmware.

here is the link to a thread full of people having the same issue:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-147267-1-1.html

2018-5-8
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 2018-5-4 11:58
I'm new to Mavic AIR. I just got it a few days ago. So after this firmware update, do I need to Calibrate the compass again. And IMU do I need to calibrate?

I would. Compass everytime you go somewhere new. IMU right out of the box (you just did that). For every update (you just did one). After any crash.
2018-5-8
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

WebParrot Posted at 2018-5-5 06:09
From the looks of some of the "What's New" (aka - fixes), going back could pose some bad flight characteristics ( aka fly aways, crashes ).  I can understand why they might want you to stick with what was fixed !!

But I can't fly my Pro and Air with the same tablet. See below, please:

I got my new (refurbished) Pro two weeks ago. I also have an Air. I use a Samsung SM T 377A. It worked great with the Air. The video feed was absolutley unusable on the Pro. Read the threads. Downgraded to the Sept. 2017 version of the DJI Go 4 software. Video on the Pro was amazing but can't use on in the Air. That version came out before it exitised. So I waited a week and downloaded the latest DJO Go 4 software again. Now I'm back where I started. Why can't I use the same tablet for both drones? Which one do I return? I need some help, please. I want to fly. Not beta test. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
2018-5-8
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Captain
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

I used to fully charged all batteries, "Reset factory" before and after updates new firmware for both quad and rc, also i always use my computer instead of ota by dji go app. If bug happens, you can try to reset factory then refresh firmware. I did not get issue with flying but camera quality seems blurry from half right side.
2018-5-9
Use props
Jos A
Captain
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Be aware you cannot downgrade if you update this firmware!
2018-5-9
Use props
gzwtf
Flight distance : 3773 ft
Poland

Bill B Posted at 2018-5-7 08:38
Same here, I noticed this quick rotation of a few degrees while hovering. No stick input form me and the air would snap to the left or right a few degrees. Weird. Don't know if I should trust it or not. This is going to get interesting i'm sure. Before the update it never displayed this behavior.

I also have this issue with Mavic Air rotating on itself after the update. Can send movie or logs from that. @DJI: please investigate that !
2018-5-9
Use props
sstimeare
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41437 ft
United States

UPDATE:  So after redoing the Visual Calibration through DJI assistant and doing a remote sticks calibration, along with uninstalling and reinstalling GO4, the problem seems to have been resolved.  I don't know if it was a combonation of all of these, or if it was just one of them that fixed it.  But, Air now hovers in place and doesn't shift.  Fly's straight and doesn't seem to rotate on its own anymore.  Flew in various flight modes as well as Sport, all seemed to work fine.  I'm also not getting tons of compass calibration alerts anymore.  Very weird...

Hope that helps anyone with similar issue.
2018-5-9
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

dwin1977 Posted at 2018-5-8 18:06
But I can't fly my Pro and Air with the same tablet. See below, please:

I'm not your expert with the systems you use.   I'm simply commenting on why DJI might not want customers to downgrade.

For your problem(s) you will get more help by doing two things.  1) Start your own post-thread and carefully detail you problem.  (Posting here just gets lost in the numerous comments about the update.)
And 2) Go to the DJI Support section on DJI.com and start a Chat session with one of their technicians.  They will ask you questions to help identify what you might do to solve it.
2018-5-9
Use props
gcomfx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 119613 ft
United States

sstimeare Posted at 2018-5-9 05:18
UPDATE:  So after redoing the Visual Calibration through DJI assistant and doing a remote sticks calibration, along with uninstalling and reinstalling GO4, the problem seems to have been resolved.  I don't know if it was a combonation of all of these, or if it was just one of them that fixed it.  But, Air now hovers in place and doesn't shift.  Fly's straight and doesn't seem to rotate on its own anymore.  Flew in various flight modes as well as Sport, all seemed to work fine.  I'm also not getting tons of compass calibration alerts anymore.  Very weird...

Hope that helps anyone with similar issue.

Mine has randomly done the "drift rotation" since I bought it (I believe I've done two firmware updates so far since owning it).  The "drift rotation" was bad enough a few nights ago I couldn't even get HDR pictures very well.  I found that if I land the drone and then take off again it'll help.  On a side note: I do a compass calibration before every first flight at a new location. Also, I haven't updated the firmware to this recent one yet.
2018-5-9
Use props
djiuser_yx0NJEbCVrSu
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14275 ft
United Kingdom

Had my maiden flight on Sunday past, second on Monday. No issues. It wanted an update, I'd checked before leaving the house.  Connection clean and quick. It did surprise me by rising up after an auto take off up to around 4m - clue was to have read the manual first...

Flew over water, from ignorance re that being a Bad Thing to do with the Air. Even so, no truly wobbly times apart from a certain loss of height - maybe 1-1.5ft drop?  As the bird was maybe around 4+ft high this did get my attention.  I thumbsticked-it back up again and kept a VERY careful watch over the rest of the watery section.

I'm flying this with CE settings. I can see my Phantom 4 a goodly distance off, but this one I lose if it's below the horizon at maybe around 250ft out? My eyes aren't THAT dim, it's just the tiny little flake of plastic in the sky, edge-on - is one miniature target to reacquire if your eyes checked the display for a few moments.  I've lost it visually this way over those two outings a total of I think four times.  So if I were to keep mindful of the rules and keep it inside user sight, the CE transmit distance would NOT be the limiting factor in how far out I could send it.

This wee thing is FAST.  I'm not one for screaming around the place, got that out of my system years back on motorcycles - but you have to see "what it can do" - for educational purposes, naturally.  I didn't check the figures but it fairly zipped across a field far more snappy than I'd expected - using the simulator before first flight had me thinking this one was a bit of a slug - Oh No It's Not.

Battery time seemed modest, but maybe that'll max out when the batteries have been through some duty cycles. I'll need to number them so I cycle through them and distribute the work evenly.  Even so I think a fourth battery could be on the cards.

We'll see.

It defaults to 5.8ghz. Unless I find there's an issue with that I'll let it do as it pleases in that regard. I do kill off any local rogue transmissions from phones/tablets etc so there's no wifi apart from the RC's usage inside range.

Been a blast so far. I didn't like the attention the P4 sometimes draws by being big and white. This little one'e far less obtrusive, should attract a lot less attention. People coming over to chat might be neighbourly and all but it buggers up the flight till they're gone again, sorry passers-by... (I'm always smilingly pleasant to these folks, some have been really keen to see the big white flying machine and when they see it's an older guy with it rather than some aggressive young upstart I think maybe ones primed to be disapproving get a bit thrown by my "maturity" - at which idea my late lady wife would have laughed long at...

The voyage continues...

2018-5-9
Use props
aesculus2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 69245 ft
United States

I had updated last week and at the same time had put in a Samsung 32GB 95MB/s (U1) MicroSD EVO Select Memory Card with Adapter (MB-ME32GA/AM). Flew a couple of missitions and all was OK.

Got the confirmation I was on latest firmware and the SD card formatted fine and there were no issues.

Today I went out and was greeted with a statement that my firmware was only 44% installed, and the SD Card was too slow.  I finished up the firmware update and then it complained it could not fly. Compass needed to be recalibrated.  Once that was done it still complained it could not fly but no reason. So I powered everything off, pulled the battery and reset it. It would then fly but still would not let me record 4k on the SD card so I ordered an SanDisk Extreme 32GB microSDHC UHS-3 Card. Hopefully all will be OK when I install the new card.

And yes, I did have to reset the camera settings after the second update.
2018-5-9
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

WebParrot Posted at 2018-5-9 05:44
I'm not your expert with the systems you use.   I'm simply commenting on why DJI might not want customers to downgrade.

Thank you so much for the reply. The thread has been started and the chat will begin within minutes. I for some reason hadn't thought to ask, I don't know, maybe DJI directly? *facepalm*
2018-5-9
Use props
Schmooit
Captain
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive updated and all seems ok the only feature we still need in a minor update or hotfix is the option to camera down option, this is really needed when being forced to land away from your home point to avoid the public and also a great feature for video during flyovers, cant believe this was removed in the first place but also that it didn't make it into this release.
2018-5-10
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

dwin1977 Posted at 2018-5-9 15:43
Thank you so much for the reply. The thread has been started and the chat will begin within minutes. I for some reason hadn't thought to ask, I don't know, maybe DJI directly? *facepalm*

{smiling} Nothing wrong with asking around a crowded room of opinionated, happy, (occasionally) knowledgable people!  
Hope it all works out for you.
2018-5-10
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_yx0NJEbCVrSu Posted at 2018-5-9 10:06
Had my maiden flight on Sunday past, second on Monday. No issues. It wanted an update, I'd checked before leaving the house.  Connection clean and quick. It did surprise me by rising up after an auto take off up to around 4m - clue was to have read the manual first...

Flew over water, from ignorance re that being a Bad Thing to do with the Air. Even so, no truly wobbly times apart from a certain loss of height - maybe 1-1.5ft drop?  As the bird was maybe around 4+ft high this did get my attention.  I thumbsticked-it back up again and kept a VERY careful watch over the rest of the watery section.

The smaller dimensions of the Mavic line are also a reason I favor them. If you keep your distance from the public (as you should) they are oblivious to your presence. The Phantom line is awesome but so is the size.
2018-5-10
Use props
Brantel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 294997 ft
United States

Ever since updating to v01.00.0400 my once flawless MA has started glitching in yaw about 10-20 degrees to the left (very rapid sudden jerk while hovering) about a minute after take off.  This seems to be 100% repeatable.  The glitch does not seem to reoccur after the initial one but I am being very careful at this point and not venturing off to far.  Also I have noticed that the yaw is not "locked in" like it used to be.  The aircraft slowly turns left or right without any stick input while hovering.  I have re-calibrated the compass and the IMU and the sensor status page shows little to no interference with the sensors or the compass.

Any ideas?
2018-5-10
Use props
TZero
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

I'm experiencing an incredible delay in PREVIEW footage (not in SD footage), as I've shown in videos on this link

video delay - preview
2018-5-10
Use props
Bill B
First Officer
United States

TZero Posted at 2018-5-10 17:44
I'm experiencing an incredible delay in PREVIEW footage (not in SD footage), as I've shown in videos on this link

video delay - preview

Looks like your avatar is experiencing some incredible video delay too.
2018-5-11
Use props
Free2be
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229570 ft

Bill B Posted at 2018-5-11 10:06
Looks like your avatar is experiencing some incredible video delay too.

Hello DJI folks,
I'm new and have so many things to learn.
I have hold the Mavic air, red and brought the combo, until now, all fine.
I have update the last firmware version and have see the follow thing: when I start the remote and the RC the gimbal turns constant up and down, slowly. When I start the RC again, it's over.
Have I set some things wrong?
Best Regards, Roger
Fly save!
2018-5-12
Use props
Bill B
First Officer
United States

Free2be Posted at 2018-5-12 00:22
Hello DJI folks,
I'm new and have so many things to learn.
I have hold the Mavic air, red and brought the combo, until now, all fine.

First question i need answered, is the gimbal doing this when just sitting still? If it is,

Do a gimbal calibration, Do a IMU calibration, and then go outside and do a compass calibration in an open area away from metal. Remember concrete has steel rebar in it so don’t do it on cement pads. After all the calibrations are done successfully. Look at th gimbal after start up and see what it is doing. If it is still rotating up and down on its own, while just sitting there not moving, then I would reflash the firmware. Then repeat all the calibration steps.
2018-5-12
Use props
Free2be
lvl.4
Belgium

Bill B Posted at 2018-5-12 01:23
First question i need answered, is the gimbal doing this when just sitting still? If it is,

Do a gimbal calibration, Do a IMU calibration, and then go outside and do a compass calibration in an open area away from metal. Remember concrete has steel rebar in it so don’t do it on cement pads. After all the calibrations are done successfully. Look at th gimbal after start up and see what it is doing. If it is still rotating up and down on its own, while just sitting there not moving, then I would reflash the firmware. Then repeat all the calibration steps.

Thank you Bill B for you advice.
I will do the calibration again on a open place, without metal in the near.
2018-5-12
Use props
Bill B
First Officer
United States

Free2be Posted at 2018-5-12 01:58
Thank you Bill B for you advice.
I will do the calibration again on a open place, without metal in the near.

OK, Make sure you do the gimbal calibration first this can be done in the comfort of the house on a flat surface. Then do the IMU calibration in the house on a flat surface. The only calibration procedure that needs to be done in the open away from metal is the compass calibration. There are plenty of videos on youtube to watch that explain each procedure. Good luck.
2018-5-12
Use props
Free2be
lvl.4

Bill B Posted at 2018-5-12 02:12
OK, Make sure you do the gimbal calibration first this can be done in the comfort of the house on a flat surface. Then do the IMU calibration in the house on a flat surface. The only calibration procedure that needs to be done in the open away from metal is the compass calibration. There are plenty of videos on youtube to watch that explain each procedure. Good luck.

Hello Bill B,
I have read that, I will do first the indoor calibration and then I go outside for the compass calibration.
Thanks in Advance.
2018-5-12
Use props
RGMGFitness
Captain
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_yx0NJEbCVrSu Posted at 2018-5-9 10:06
Had my maiden flight on Sunday past, second on Monday. No issues. It wanted an update, I'd checked before leaving the house.  Connection clean and quick. It did surprise me by rising up after an auto take off up to around 4m - clue was to have read the manual first...

FYI:  Fly my Mavic Air over water (rivers, oceans, waves, lakes, creeks, etc.).  Never an issue and this shouldn't be an issue for anyone else flying.

Just a heads up.  
2018-5-12
Use props
RGMGFitness
Captain
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just read through your thread reporting the problem.  Looks like this is still an OPEN issue with DJI tech support.  Just updating this forum log in case others didn't see this.

UPDATED: ADMIN COMMENTS IN THIS THREAD:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-147267-1-1.html

2018-5-12
Use props
Verid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158681 ft

Poland

After reading this thread I was like "OMG what have I done to my MA" so I went to do some tests.
-motor current warning. As stated in this thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-147267-2-1.html I wasn't able to replicate the issue despite trying very hard to do so.
-Sport Mode unresponsiveness. Not at all.
-YAW drifting. Nope.
-video delay. During first flight (MA was in 2.4GHz) I went after some birds and suddenly got "Interference" message. Video froze but MA was still responding as I heard changing pitch of the motors. I hit RTH and after few seconds video feed was back. So I went other way and hit 2km mark without slightest issue. Before second take off I noticed that MA switched to 5GHz so I presume that I hit some local interference, not software bug.

So, now I feel a little bit better - I did not murder my toy with FW update but still, I'll keep an eye for any trouble and report back immediately if something strange happens.
2018-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules