Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic Air Firmware Released
487523 487523 2018-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scoobywrx05
lvl.3
Flight distance : 917844 ft
United States

gcomfx Posted at 2018-5-14 06:57
I mainly fly with my iphone 8+.  I have an older ipad that I occasionally fly with as well, but the screen is very hard to see out in the sunlight.  I had the "drift rotation" happen again Friday with my iphone.  I have NOT upgraded to the current firmware release.  This time I spun the Mavic Air hard the opposite direction, then spun it right back and it held steady.  Still not sure what is causing it... but it's annoying and can't really be corrected with subtle movements in my experience.

I always do a compass calibration before flying from a new location.  I've tried a stick calibration.  The problem is really random.  I can go 6 or 8 flights without it happening, and then it'll do it again.  Dunno.  I keep hoping for an update to address it.  Right now I take more pictures than video.  I'm hoping to do more video soon as I test some new ND filters...

Also another thing I have noticed is when I fly it indoors where I do not have any gps signal it doesn’t have any problems. No random turning or drifting one way or the other. So I’m guessing the last firmware update to fix the gps problem that few where having  caused more problems than fixing the original problem.
2018-5-20
Use props
Scoobywrx05
lvl.3
Flight distance : 917844 ft
United States

Igor_G Posted at 2018-5-14 23:23
Hi, Friends!
Ever since updating to v01.00.0400 my Mavic Air do not compas calibrate..... also other problems appeared during flight. How can I recover previous version of an update? Are there any recomendations from DJI?

You can’t supposedly.
2018-5-20
Use props
Prospero
lvl.1
Canada

No issues during a brief, (it started getting gusty!) test flight this AM, with updated firmware and latest GO 4 app.

I did calibrate everything, including the controllers.

If the weather co-operates, I'll do a more thorough test later today.
2018-5-20
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Captain
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

Scoobywrx05 Posted at 2018-5-20 00:23
How blurry or soft are your images?

part is blurry, part is soft from right side of screen
2018-5-20
Use props
RGMGFitness
Captain
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

For those who missed it.  This was posted in another thread in the DJI Forum (on Page #3);   https://forum.dji.com/thread-147267-1-1.html

2018-5-21
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Captain
Vietnam

I got new update of DJI Go to 4.2.16 on Android, New Firmware update for MA imminent?
2018-5-21
Use props
CanonMax
Captain
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I decided to fly my Mavic Air today... v 00.01.0400 firmware and DJI GO 4 v 4.2.16... I must say that I did not have ANY problems nor noticed ANY strange behaviour… 2 flights... one battery and a real nice steady footage...
Could it be that just the latest DJI GO 4 helps?

Regards,

Max
2018-5-22
Use props
3-D
Captain
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

CanonMax Posted at 2018-5-22 10:36
I decided to fly my Mavic Air today... v 00.01.0400 firmware and DJI GO 4 v 4.2.16... I must say that I did not have ANY problems nor noticed ANY strange behaviour… 2 flights... one battery and a real nice steady footage...
Could it be that just the latest DJI GO 4 helps?

Not all Mavic Air quads were affected.

After i did a factory reset on the craft, and the phone i used to fly, reinstalled the Go 4 app (.16) and then refreshed the firmware on the craft, and controller, and then finally did calibration on everything that would allow it, mine is flying better.

I still have range issues, as i can't fly further than 800 - 1000 feet before I start to have connection problems.
2018-5-22
Use props
CanonMax
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

3-D Posted at 2018-5-22 11:18
Not all Mavic Air quads were affected.

After i did a factory reset on the craft, and the phone i used to fly, reinstalled the Go 4 app (.16) and then refreshed the firmware on the craft, and controller, and then finally did calibration on everything that would allow it, mine is flying better.

Thank you for your answer...

Not nice if only some aircrafts are affected and one does not know which...

I'm still wondering ( @DJISusan) what the exact problem is and if there really will be an updated firmware for the Mavic Air/Remotecontrol/Batteries...
2018-5-22
Use props
Igor_G
Flight distance : 88750 ft
Latvia

Where  you have found new version 4.2.16? In official site is only 4.2.14 for Android!
2018-5-23
Use props
Prospero
lvl.1
Canada

Igor_G Posted at 2018-5-23 03:30
Where  you have found new version 4.2.16? In official site is only 4.2.14 for Android!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4
2018-5-23
Use props
CanonMax
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

@ DJI Diana… @ DJI Susan: may I ask if there is any new information about the problem with the firmware v 01.00.0400 (May 2nd 2018) for the DJI Mavic Air?

take care,

Max
2018-5-23
Use props
CanonMax
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-5-4 08:56
Just updated firmware for my MA and all went well.  It night time now so will fly tomorrow if not too windy.
It was not available a little earlier in my country though DJI GO 4 automaticallupdated to 4.1.14

Hi Hendrik...

did you have a chance in the meantime to fly? I did fly yesterday with this latest firmware (v. 01.00.0400 (May 2nd 2018) and the latest DJI GO 4 v 4.2.16 (May 18th 2018) and could not notice strange3 behaviour of my Mavic Air...

Just (too?) curious about your experiences...

Take care and fly safe!

Max (Netherlands)
2018-5-23
Use props
RGMGFitness
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Until DJI can provide us more detail on this issue here's what I've managed to piece together.  I have no idea what impact the newest DJI GO4 App (vs 4.2.16) may have on this issue.  But at this time and with the lack of information on the issue will have to just advise everyone to stay away from this firmware update.  

2018-5-24
Use props
Public Washroom
lvl.3
Philippines

mine still v 00.01.0200 no issues at all.
2018-5-25
Use props
28wins
lvl.4

United States

My request has not been included in this firmware release.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6&page=1#pid1276971

Also, why hasn't the ascent/ descent speed been adjusted to match the Spark's when flying over WIFi? The Mavic Air is so slow!!!!

@DJI Thor
@wisnia.sebastian
@DJI Support
@DJI-Mark

2018-5-30
Use props
Poit
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132700 ft
Norway

This update made my Mavic air show motor current error and yaw drift in the gimbal.
2018-6-3
Use props
RGMGFitness
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Poit Posted at 2018-6-3 06:27
This update made my Mavic air show motor current error and yaw drift in the gimbal.

Yes, and that's a huge problem for a lot of folks.  Still waiting for DJI to communicate when this issue will be fixed.  Haven't received any dates that I'm aware of.  If anyone hears anything from DJI please post for others.  

Thanks....
2018-6-3
Use props
Brantel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 294997 ft
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-6-3 14:03
Yes, and that's a huge problem for a lot of folks.  Still waiting for DJI to communicate when this issue will be fixed.  Haven't received any dates that I'm aware of.  If anyone hears anything from DJI please post for others.  

Thanks....

A USA based DJI support manager said a fix is in testing yesterday.
2018-6-3
Use props
CanonMax
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looking forward to a firmware update as well although I did and do not notice big problems except that last Saturday the Mavic Air and the Remote could not stay connected to each other (at the distance of only 65 meters) and a RTH was initiated which I cancelled... then they were connected again and I continued my flight. On 5.8G
Yesterday I did a one-battery continuous flight and had not one problem.
What wonders me is that the known motor and yaw problems do not affect EVERY Mavic Air (in the same way)

We'll see what the future will bring... maybe the new firmware will fix one group and makes the other group crash

Fly Safe!
2018-6-4
Use props
RGMGFitness
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Brantel Posted at 2018-6-3 18:14
A USA based DJI support manager said a fix is in testing yesterday.

Thanks for the heads up..  
2018-6-4
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Captain
Vietnam

Any news? I am so waiting...
2018-6-11
Use props
TZero
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

Stop waiting, sell your drone and buy a Parrot.
For DJI there is no problem with the latest firmware. DJI does not even make an official statement.
Only some annoying ones like us have detected some flaw.
The problem is the weather
The problem is grid interference, concrete, floor, people, ice cream, etc ...
The problem is us.
2018-6-11
Use props
RGMGFitness
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI ?  Can you please check on this and provide your customers a status update?  We shouldn't have to ask at this point...your team should be pro-actively updating this thread and providing users with ongoing status updates.  Something is better than absolutely nothing.  Com'on DJI..I expect more from you than what I'm seeing as of lately.....

Oh, and Applie IOS just came out with a new version of IOS as well (IOS 11.4  /  322.1 MB).  This stuff needs to all work together...seemlessly.  I've been holding off on all my upgrades until I have solid confirmation that everythings working well together.  

2018-6-18
Use props
HendrikJB
Captain
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

CanonMax Posted at 2018-5-23 11:48
Hi Hendrik...

did you have a chance in the meantime to fly? I did fly yesterday with this latest firmware (v. 01.00.0400 (May 2nd 2018) and the latest DJI GO 4 v 4.2.16 (May 18th 2018) and could not notice strange3 behaviour of my Mavic Air...

I can now say with certainty that the .400 firmware upgrade is the reason why my MA crashed.
At first I saw no change to the flight.  However, since I fly a lot the MA just became more and more sluggish until it was so bad that the ONLY way to control the MA was by using RTH.
Eventually my MA crashed and broke the left legs.
2018-6-24
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-6-24 09:49
I can now say with certainty that the .400 firmware upgrade is the reason why my MA crashed.
At first I saw no change to the flight.  However, since I fly a lot the MA just became more and more sluggish until it was so bad that the ONLY way to control the MA was by using RTH.

However, since I fly a lot the MA just became more and more sluggish

Technical term for that is Planned Obsolescence.    Frequently seen with Windows PCs.    Marketing & Sales have another term for it, Profits.  

Isn't there something big coming up in a few weeks?

2018-6-24
Use props
CanonMax
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

At first I saw no change to the flight.  However, since I fly a lot the MA just became more and more sluggish until it was so bad that the ONLY way to control the MA was by using RTH.

Ops... thank you for your answer... I still do fly with the Mavic (luckily I also own a Phantom 4 Pro) and until now it is kind of behaving "ok"... I'm still wondering why not ALL Mavic Airs do have this problem...
I'll have some flights tomorrow with both of my drones...
Take care!
2018-6-24
Use props
HendrikJB
Captain
South Africa

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-24 10:03
However, since I fly a lot the MA just became more and more sluggish

Can one not argue then that planned obsolescence is unlawful and thus criminal?
On the contrary why was it not done with the Spark?

Or the Mavic Pro?

Maybe it just comes down to incompetence of the software engineers?

We will never know.

Finally it may quickly pan out that DJI lose it credibility ........
2018-6-25
Use props
RGMGFitness
Captain
  • >>>
United States

At first I saw no change to the flight.  However, since I fly a lot the MA just became more and more sluggish until it was so bad that the ONLY way to control the MA was by using RTH.

Sorry to hear that.  I wish DJI was more pro-active in communicating when a newer firmware will be released to resolve this issue.  I really do enjoy their product line but the fact that they still have this firmware 'ANNOUNCMENT' up and posted in itself is an issue.  This firmware announcment should clearly state to 'stay away' from this update until the problem is fixed.  Additionally, the firmware update should have been pulled from the Apple store and Android store as well.  At this point, no one should be getting notifications to update to this newer firmware.  Everyone knows this firmware is extremely buggy.  

The only reason I'm still flying my Mavic Air is because I'm still using older firmware on it.  I refuse to update it further until this is all hashed out.  Clearly, DJI is more focused right now on their newest launch to be announced in July 2018.  Very disappointing to say the least.  
2018-6-25
Use props
RGMGFitness
Captain
  • >>>
United States

This is what should be posted on the first page of this thread.  Sorry, DJI but this has gone on for to long now.  

2018-6-25
Use props
HendrikJB
Captain
South Africa

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-6-25 10:53
Sorry to hear that.  I wish DJI was more pro-active in communicating when a newer firmware will be released to resolve this issue.  I really do enjoy their product line but the fact that they still have this firmware 'ANNOUNCMENT' up and posted in itself is an issue.  This firmware announcment should clearly state to 'stay away' from this update until the problem is fixed.  Additionally, the firmware update should have been pulled from the Apple store and Android store as well.  At this point, no one should be getting notifications to update to this newer firmware.  Everyone knows this firmware is extremely buggy.  

The only reason I'm still flying my Mavic Air is because I'm still using older firmware on it.  I refuse to update it further until this is all hashed out.  Clearly, DJI is more focused right now on their newest launch to be announced in July 2018.  Very disappointing to say the least.

What DJI thinks, just like Blackberry thought, is that they are to strong to disappear.
The rest like they say is history.
And for those who don`t - Blackberry very, very nearly closed shop.  They were saved by a slight breath that just made it in time.
2018-6-25
Use props
Sohrab.YY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 93694 ft

Hey DJI, at least tell us Why doesn't the new firmware release?

How long should we be waiting?
2018-6-26
Use props
TZero
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

Sohrab.YY Posted at 2018-6-26 08:19
Hey DJI, at least tell us Why doesn't the new firmware release?

How long should we be waiting?

Until we to buy PARROT
2018-6-26
Use props
Tomcatuk
Captain
Flight distance : 28743 ft

Like the cockroaches.. and lack of comments from dji spoke persons.... and over eight weeks have now passed by...
2018-6-29
Use props
CanonMax
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

It would be great if DJI would give some comments on this FW-problem...
I have flown with the latest Firmware... v. 01.00.0400 (May 2nd 2018) with Firmware v. 01.00.0100 for the remote and since yesterday with DJI GO 4 v. 4.2.22 (June 29th 2018) without noticing the problems we discuss onhere. Yesterday even with rather high windspeeds... and all was and went steady and ok...

My question to DJI is: should all Mavic Airs suffer from the problems you find in this thread.... in other words... could it be that not ALL Mavic Airs can have the problems mentioned here?
My Mavic Air Serial Number is: 0K1DF3***D9ZM9 I hope this can help all of us a little bit... but DJI should answer.... and not wait with the answer until July 18th 2018...
So... please give us more details about the v. 01.00.0400 Firmware and/or your plans to solve the problems...
2018-6-29
Use props
Verid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158681 ft

Poland

CanonMax - just like You, I updated my MA to v. 01.00.0400 as soon as app said I should do so, in hope that it would solve my boomerang problem. It didn't. Instead I found this thread (and few similar others) and I was scared - what have I done to my quad. But...it's been several batteries now, since the update, and no problems so far. I've flown it in strong wind, I've been doing some crazy maneuvers chasing some large birds and deer and nothing bad happened....yet. So maybe it's just like You said - not all MA are affected.
2018-6-30
Use props
Brantel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 294997 ft
United States

Verid Posted at 2018-6-30 13:46
CanonMax - just like You, I updated my MA to v. 01.00.0400 as soon as app said I should do so, in hope that it would solve my boomerang problem. It didn't. Instead I found this thread (and few similar others) and I was scared - what have I done to my quad. But...it's been several batteries now, since the update, and no problems so far. I've flown it in strong wind, I've been doing some crazy maneuvers chasing some large birds and deer and nothing bad happened....yet. So maybe it's just like You said - not all MA are affected.

I would love for someone with a MA without any issues with slow yawing in hover or yaw glitches to please post a DAT file log off of your mobile device.

Directions on how to do that are here:

https://datfile.net/DatCon/retrieveV3DatfromTablet.html

Then if you could share the file via dropbox or google drive or whatever you use that would be awesome.

2018-6-30
Use props
CanonMax
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Verid Posted at 2018-6-30 13:46

which makes the problem maybe even more serious...

I cannot understand why the people at DJI and the ENGINEERS do not react or comment more than "wait for the next firmware update"... my Mavic Air flies great (I haven't tested the boomerang) but it might make me worry when a new firmware comes out and MY Mavic Air will get problems...

ay ay ayyyyy

Take Care, Max
2018-7-1
Use props
djiuser_6yZ7pNcdXMYy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I haven't upgraded either of my Mavic Air's to the latest firmware.  For a company of DJI's size, this is a horrible response.

My only hope is that they see a subdued response to their new release, however, I don't believe that will happen.

I've seen the drifting issue, and the range issues.  The range issues even out in the countryside.

The camera, while happy day it's got a higher bit rate,  seems over-saturated for color. That's my opinion.  Yes it has some nice flight modes, however, I have a trust issue with it and will until these problems get fixed.

I've had too many issues with DJI support on brand new DOA equipment which has left a bad taste in my mouth as to how they do business.

Starting to get the feeling that their new belief is they could release a rock, sell it as a pretty rock and then tell people to wait for the rock update and people would.
2018-7-1
Use props
RGMGFitness
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Tomcatuk Posted at 2018-6-29 08:08
Like the cockroaches.. and lack of comments from dji spoke persons.... and over eight weeks have now passed by...

Thanks... Yeah, I thought that was a nice touch.  Sometimes visuals speak louder than words.  
2018-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules