H4-3D gimbal without a GoPro
1531 4 2015-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roy
lvl.2

United States

I received a H4-3D gimbal which I know might have issues. I tried connecting it without a camera and it doesn't do anything (tried on two Phantom 2's). The LED comes on indicating that it is receiving power but there is no gimbal movement.

This is without a GoPro camera plugged in though. I'm wondering if it's normal for the gimbal to do nothing if there is no GoPro attached. Do I need to put a camera on to be able to properly test the gimbal?
2015-5-10
Use props
I. P. Freely
lvl.4

United States

You are not supposed to run the gimbal without the camera attached
2015-5-10
Use props
roy
lvl.2

United States

I. P. Freely Posted at 2015-5-11 09:40
You are not supposed to run the gimbal without the camera attached

I know. But was just trying to test it to see if it even works. Anyway, I attached the camera and the thing still doesn't work.

Anyone ever send a H4-3D to DJI for repair? How long did it take? Was it covered under warranty or did they charge you?
2015-5-10
Use props
fightermaverick
lvl.1

United States

Bro you don't understand. its not like "Oh hey by the way you shouldn't turn the gimbal on without the camera cus its bad." Its more like "Never ever power your Zenmuse on without at least SOME weight inside of it because it will overload itself trying to compensate for the nothingness inside of it. By turning it on to test it if there wasn't anything wrong with it before then there is now.
2016-1-12
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Try running the zenmuse cable directly to the H4-3D. Theres a possibility your Anti-interference board maybe faulty.
2016-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules