Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
{HELP!} Mavic Air / iPhone 7 Plus - Mid-Flight Error (C2)
1173 6 2018-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roaming.riley
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14931 ft
United States

Hi all,

New to the DJI community with my recent Mavic Air purchase. I’ve taken it out for two flights now and both times (during MID FLIGHT) I have encountered the error, “Cannot Use Device, C2: The connected device is not supported.”

I’m using an iPhone 7 Plus and the DJI GO 4 app (all specifics below). Everything launches fine and I can connect to the MA, see the transmitted feed and take off - all just fine. The problem arises when I get about 100 yards away. The feed cuts and I get a constant  series of chimes (the same tone when you plug your phone in to charge) with the above message repeatedly popping up and disappearing..I tried killing the app and relaunching while still in flight - no luck. With the RC still functional, I was able to land the MA, kill the app, relaunch the app, restart the RC and retake off again with normal operation.

Any advice on how to fix this?

DJI GO 4 v4.2.14
Firmware: Current/haven’t updated to
May 2nd Release
Device: iPhone 7 Plus

2018-5-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Riley, any interference around your drone? Did it happen for the first time? Did the error message happen during flight?
2018-5-3
Use props
GLJones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41381 ft
United States

Sounds like the phone is trying to charge from the remote but not getting enough power. Weird.
2018-5-3
Use props
roaming.riley
lvl.1
United States

I don’t think it was interference. WiFi signal appeared strong and no obstacles between me and the MA (which was only 100 yds away). Yes, happened during the flight too. No issues during pre-flight set up at all.

Funny you should mention the power draw. My screen grab shows the battery icon as charging. Guessing this isn’t normal..
B24724A6-50CE-4FEB-8834-64630609B8BC.png
2018-5-3
Use props
Manny-pr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10933205 ft
  • >>>
Puerto Rico

I have the same problem. You are not alone.
2018-7-2
Use props
fans1f272b30
New
United States

I have the same problem with my iPhone 7. Not much information on the web. But I noticed if my phone is charged at 100% it works anything below 60% remote tries to charge the phone and my phone starts heating up and rapidly drains remaining battery on my phone. This issue needs a fix from DJI.
2018-9-3
Use props
roaming.riley
lvl.1
United States

fans - ended up solving it by deleting and reinstalling the app from the phone. Went through normal setup and firmware updates and all works as expected now. Give it a try. Good luck.
2018-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules