Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
sossusvlei
701 17 2018-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronybaloney
Captain
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Please enjoy my Clip of Sossusvlei in Namibia.

drone footage combined with balloonflight

2018-5-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Amazing video!
2018-5-4
Use props
Gregbella
Captain

Wow that looked amazing
2018-5-4
Use props
integer
Captain
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

2018-5-4
Use props
Marty Markoe
Captain
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

So many videos on this forum are simply ego trips for the videographers. Your video is truly magnificent and not only in the excellent video techniques and editing but more importantly the emotional content that connects with the viewers.
2018-5-4
Use props
dronybaloney
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks everybody . Really appreciate your comments. I really enjoy combining 2 hobbies: traveling and droning .
2018-5-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent vid   
2018-5-4
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 8330174 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Very nice work.
2018-5-4
Use props
FlyDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Great footage - well done.
2018-5-4
Use props
HendrikJB
Captain
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Sossusvlei is one of the most remarkable places on Earth.  Where are you from?
2018-5-4
Use props
HendrikJB
Captain
South Africa

Marty Markoe Posted at 2018-5-4 03:46
So many videos on this forum are simply ego trips for the videographers. Your video is truly magnificent and not only in the excellent video techniques and editing but more importantly the emotional content that connects with the viewers.

Marty I fully agree with you.  Same as people who sit for hours Photoshopping photo`s and then pretending that it was taken like that .  
Knowing Sossusvlei well myself I`m really happy with the result as presented.
2018-5-4
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

WOW, what a great video and landscape, thank you very much!
2018-5-4
Use props
dronybaloney
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-5-4 08:48
Sossusvlei is one of the most remarkable places on Earth.  Where are you from?

Hi , i am from netherlands. Returned last week from
Namibia. I have been in namibia 23 years ago and had only a panasonic camera with tapes then , the footage was  terrible and bad quality.
Its such a delight that drones have been invented and camera quality has  improved in such a way that  evertime  you watch films nowadays , it feels like  you are actually still at the place and re-live your trip.
I really enjoy reading all the comments , thank you for that
2018-5-4
Use props
HendrikJB
Captain
South Africa

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-5-4 12:04
Hi , i am from netherlands. Returned last week from
Namibia. I have been in namibia 23 years ago and had only a panasonic camera with tapes then , the footage was  terrible and bad quality.
Its such a delight that drones have been invented and camera quality has  improved in such a way that  evertime  you watch films nowadays , it feels like  you are actually still at the place and re-live your trip.

Hi there "Cousin", my family is from the Netherlands as well and have been living in South Africa for ±350 years

Your excellent rendering of Sossusvlei brought back some awesome memories from about 7 years ago.  I took some photographs and then commissioned a world renowned artist friend to do an oil painting of one particular photo.  I was immediately offered $600 for the painting but as it was a special occasion for me I declined to sell it.  I`m adding a photograph of the painting here and hope that it will evoke fond memories for you.  BTW in all the times that I`ve visited there this was the only time that it was overcast and actually rained. Right at the rear you should see a thin ray of sunshine on the most rear dune.

2018-5-5
Use props
dronybaloney
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wauw , that,s a nice painting. The clouds makes it very special and more detailed. I would never sell a painting like this. Money will be spent and will be gone , but a memorie will remain for a long time, and can not be taken from you. I ve been often to south africa and really enjoy this part of africa. Actually most african countries are super. Next time i visit s africa i definately take the drone. Havnt checked the dronerules yet there, but hopefully they are a bit relaxed. If you ever go back to sossusvlei , i recommend to do a balloon flight.
2018-5-5
Use props
HendrikJB
Captain
South Africa

dronybaloney Posted at 2018-5-5 02:04
Wauw , that,s a nice painting. The clouds makes it very special and more detailed. I would never sell a painting like this. Money will be spent and will be gone , but a memorie will remain for a long time, and can not be taken from you. I ve been often to south africa and really enjoy this part of africa. Actually most african countries are super. Next time i visit s africa i definately take the drone. Havnt checked the dronerules yet there, but hopefully they are a bit relaxed. If you ever go back to sossusvlei , i recommend to do a balloon flight.

Thank you for your reply.  And you are correct the memory and "experience" while taking the photo`s is just something that cannot be sold.
Thank you for your suggestion about the balloon flight.  I`ll most definitely consider that.
2018-5-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Stunning! Thanks for sharing with us!
2018-5-6
Use props
alex_markov
Captain
Flight distance : 38850850 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria