12Next >
6461 51 2018-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_RojfSW97etD9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

I just updated to version 4.2.14 (Android).  It doesn't work on my Android device. Previous versions 'worked'.
So far I'm getting flashes of the menu, then a white screen. it returns to the main menu when a sub-menu is selected.
Basically - nothing works, even after a full delete & installation.

I'll go back to 4.2.(x). x= 6, 8 or 12.  Maybe 6, as the logs are readable (?).

Screenshot_20180504-162323.png Screenshot_20180504-162314.png
2018-5-3
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

And this is a screenshot from iOS update.
2018-5-3
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

For me is performing very well, 0 issues.
2018-5-3
Use props
Vini
lvl.1
Flight distance : 856 ft

Belgium

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-5-3 23:41
For me is performing very well, 0 issues.

please specify your hardware details (ios/Android) do you use OTG cable?
Thanks!
2018-5-3
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Vini Posted at 2018-5-3 23:55
please specify your hardware details (ios/Android) do you use OTG cable?
Thanks!

I use it with iPhone X and iPad 2017, with and without OTG. For now, now problem found.
2018-5-4
Use props
djiuser_RojfSW97etD9
lvl.4
Australia

I noticed the following firmware post with an update for the Mavic. GPS issues seems interesting. Maybe the same for Spark?

2018-5-4
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

I noticed something very strange with this new update, I do not know if it's just a coincidence. In my house, before updating, when I turned on the Spark, I almost always got the error of compas, something that is normal, because there are many interferences. Now, I no longer get that error message and the status of the compas is much better than before.
2018-5-4
Use props
djiuser_RojfSW97etD9
lvl.4
Australia

I tried to downgrade but had the same problem. White screen. Obviously something is crashing on my device.  So I decided to factory reset my Android device.
Then  d/l  DGI Go 4 from google play 4.2.14 (583) & everything changes but it's working  ... maybe?
Now it's telling me the default Wi-Fi password is weak?

2018-5-4
Use props
djiuser_RojfSW97etD9
lvl.4
Australia

How do I change the RC password from 12341234?
The AC has another password - should not be weak.
What are DJI calling a device? The RC, AC or the android/IOS device? Can DJI explain?
2018-5-4
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

djiuser_RojfSW97etD9 Posted at 2018-5-4 03:46
How do I change the RC password from 12341234?
The AC has another password - should not be weak.
What are DJI calling a device? The RC, AC or the android/IOS device? Can DJI explain?

Explanation Removed by DMX_MLT.

2018-5-4
Use props
djiuser_RojfSW97etD9
lvl.4
Australia

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-5-4 14:30
I think there is written -

''To ensure the safety of YOUR AIRCRAFT''

Thanks for explaining DMX_MLT (Darryl).
Have you installed 4.2.14? Never say never.
"As far as I know you can only change the Password of the Spark Aircraft, never the Remote."
I thought the same - however, in the latest DJI GO app - 4.2.14 Android -  it can be changed! Maybe I was missing something before, but never prompted to change passwords in the past, until the latest update.

I understand the 2 RC/DJI Go -> AC linking options.
I'm not sure about the RC linking  'rolling code combination. Either way, I connect via the Remote Controller. It's just a 5.8Ghz wifi connection. Rolling codes are used in car/garage/alarm remotes. I can't hack into it as I don't have 5.8Ghz pc/android. Otherwise I can connect 2.4 without the Remote & use WireShark to monitor.   
It's very complicated. I'll try my best to explain my experience.

I found it strange that the DJI Go app suggested a weak device (aircraft) password, considering the aircraft was not turned on & has not been connected to the app since a factory reset on my android. Basically, after resetting android & the DJI Go app, it shouldn't know anything about the aircraft nor it's password... until I turn on the aircraft.  

*** Now I'm confused. I followed the change password prompt & it shows the default remote password - 12341234.  I changed the password to test1234 & the app told me to restart the aircraft. Ummm, the aircraft has still not been connected or turned even turned on at this stage, so take that out of the question.
Anyway, I restarted the Remote...
Since changing the RC password within DJI Go, I had to change the android RC wifi password to match. So far, I don't get the weak password message when DJI Go starts. I still have not connected to the aircraft (Spark) via the RC or DJI Go. The initial password problem fixed.  

DJI Go wanted me to change the REMOTE password. I've never seen it before!

When the wind drops, the next step is to reset Spark (maybe refresh firmware?) & calibrate the IMU & compass away from metal. Then have a test flight.

Screenshot_20180505-141934[1].png
2018-5-4
Use props
djiuser_RojfSW97etD9
lvl.4
Australia

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-5-4 00:26
I noticed something very strange with this new update, I do not know if it's just a coincidence. In my house, before updating, when I turned on the Spark, I almost always got the error of compas, something that is normal, because there are many interferences. Now, I no longer get that error message and the status of the compas is much better than before.
[view_image][view_image]

Test it near the magnet of speaker, then go outside away from metal & compare. Obviously there should be interference from the speaker v's outside. Otherwise, something is wrong.  
2018-5-4
Use props
djiuser_RojfSW97etD9
lvl.4
Australia

After changing the pw within DJI go to test1234,  If I reset the RC by holding the power button for 9 seconds, the default password returned to 12341234. Again, I get the weak password message. There's some crazy stuff going on that's not documented.
2018-5-4
Use props
djiuser_RojfSW97etD9
lvl.4
Australia

i just calibrated the IMU & compass. Now I'm nervous... before I test the latest  DJI Go app & fly away, a few things need to be checked. Props, battery, clean sensors... Hopefully there are no problems during the next flight.   
2018-5-4
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

djiuser_RojfSW97etD9 Posted at 2018-5-4 19:58
Thanks for explaining DMX_MLT (Darryl).
Have you installed 4.2.14? Never say never.
"As far as I know you can only change the Password of the Spark Aircraft, never the Remote."

2018-5-5
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-5-5 00:07
Hello,

I didnt try 4.2.14 as it is not available.

2018-5-5
Use props
djiuser_RojfSW97etD9
lvl.4
Australia

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-5-5 00:07
Hello,

I didnt try 4.2.14 as it is not available.

Did you bother to check the title of this thread & see the screenshots?  Please update when possible & then reply. I don't mean to be rude, but it's the 4.2.14 version I'm talking about. If you don't have the latest update  - version 4.2.14 -  how can you reply to my experience with this version?
2018-5-5
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

djiuser_RojfSW97etD9 Posted at 2018-5-5 00:38
Did you bother to check the title of this thread & see the screenshots?  Please update when possible & then reply. I don't mean to be rude, but it's the 4.2.14 version I'm talking about. If you don't have the latest update  - version 4.2.14 -  how can you reply to my experience with this version?

2018-5-5
Use props
djiuser_RojfSW97etD9
lvl.4
Australia

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-5-5 00:15
More Details about the WIFI Power differences I posted on another Post -

The transmitter power is the same for both. Antennas and encoding make the difference.

Thanks for trying to explain.
May I correct you. Each 3dBm change doubles/ halves the TX/RX power in watts. The transmission range may  increase/decrease 25% for each 3dBm, depending on the terrain & frequency.  That's the physics of radio waves.

You quoted - ''I still have not connected to the aircraft (Spark) via the RC or DJI Go''. Why aren't you following the instructions step by step ? You are making it unneccesary, complicated mate ?"

I feel insulted? - Nah, not complicated. I didn't simply follow blind guidance - that's what sheep do. Keeping it VERY simple mate. One step at a time.  You don't understand unless you have the same version. Why assume unnecessary complications?  I'm following the instruction 100%.  I don't need to change the AC password, as it's never been connected as such. I'm only connected to the RC at this stage. How can I change something that is not there.  I can change the RC password via DJI Go, or if I connect directly to Spark I can change the other password without warnings.  Once I reset the remote (power button 9 secs) the password changed back to 12341234 & I get the weak password message.

Please update your DGI Go app & knowledge. Then keep to the topic. Don't hijack this thread - it's not a wifi/rc tx/rx issue. It's about DJI GO 4 V 4.2.14. Until you have the latest version & experience with it, don't comment about the unknown.

Happy flying.
2018-5-5
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

djiuser_RojfSW97etD9 Posted at 2018-5-5 01:52
Thanks for trying to explain.
May I correct you. Each 3dBm change doubles/ halves the TX/RX power in watts. The transmission range may  increase/decrease 25% for each 3dBm, depending on the terrain & frequency.  That's the physics of radio waves.

Just to Advise You Again that even in the APK Mirror the v4.2.14 is not available yet in Europe. Thank you.
AussieBoyWhat.jpg
2018-5-5
Use props
djiuser_RojfSW97etD9
lvl.4
Australia

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-5-5 02:12
Try being Grateful for every kind of help you receive, even if sometimes you don't agree.

I tried to give you my Experience and all you do is use try to MAKE FUN of me, then when I ask for explanation you Run Away, then you call me names, also saying I am hijacking this post just because in Europe we still have 4.2.12, and I tried to help from what we have in hand right now.

I appreciate your advise, I am grateful, but it means nothing when you are talking about the wrong version.
I did NOT make fun of you. How did I run away? It's YOUR mistake, not mine.  Just cos you are stuck on 4.2.12 is not my fault. I am asking questions about 4.2.14. I did not expect somebody to respond that does not have 4.2.14. Simple.   

I solved the issue - Now I can change RC or AC password via DJI Go or reset the RC or AC to default via 9 sec power button press. Does that make me a genius? No, it's a feature of the app. If you had the same version you would understand.

Again you insult me by guessing the situation - nothing sad or negative - just being realistic. Please don't take it personally, but you fail to understand & get upset when I reply with my situation. I'm just saying how it is as I see with the latest 4.2.14.

Happy Flying!
2018-5-5
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

djiuser_RojfSW97etD9 Posted at 2018-5-5 02:34
I appreciate your advise, I am grateful, but it means nothing when you are talking about the wrong version.
I did NOT make fun of you. How did I run away? It's YOUR mistake, not mine.  Just cos you are stuck on 4.2.12 is not my fault. I am asking questions about 4.2.14. I did not expect somebody to respond that does not have 4.2.14. Simple.   

2018-5-5
Use props
djiuser_RojfSW97etD9
lvl.4
Australia

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-5-5 02:40
My Mistake ? For not having v4.2.14 available yet, like many others in Europe ? Its my Mistake (WTF*), so we are 'DOOMED' according to You ?

Quoting You - ''you fail to understand & get upset when I reply with my situation'', I tried to help and you all I got from you is Dont Hijack ! Dont Comment ! Dont Help !

If you don't have 4.2.14 how can you advise?  Stop swearing & get a grip. It's not my fault you can't get the latest version. Even via APKmirror - big deal.  
Didn't you see the version in the screenshot above?  I've got 4.2.14.

2018-5-5
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

djiuser_RojfSW97etD9 Posted at 2018-5-5 02:59
If you don't have 4.2.14 how can you advise?  Stop swearing & get a grip. It's not my fault you can't get the latest version. Even via APKmirror - big deal.  
Didn't you see the version in the screenshot above?  I've got 4.2.14.

2018-5-5
Use props
djiuser_RojfSW97etD9
lvl.4
Australia

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-5-5 02:40
Of course you Run Away ! I asked you to teach me how in your Option the Spark connects to the Remote with No Mobile Phone, and you didnt answer me or teach me. You can go Copy/Paste from Google now.

Here you go Again ! Pointing Fingers regarding the v4.2.14 !

Why are you talking about Kangaroos & saying 'Aussie Boy'? It that meant to be a personal attack? I suggest it is against the forum rules & I will make an official complaint to the moderators.
2018-5-5
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

djiuser_RojfSW97etD9 Posted at 2018-5-5 03:05
Why are you talking about Kangaroos & saying 'Aussie Boy'? It that meant to be a personal attack? I suggest it is against the forum rules & I will make an official complaint to the moderators.

2018-5-5
Use props
djiuser_RojfSW97etD9
lvl.4
Australia

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-5-5 03:04
''Stop swearing'' ?

Where did I swear ? You got Hallucinations ?

Do I really have to reply to stupidity? More insults - hallucinations?  WTF* does that mean? DOH!
This conversion is taking the wrong path. Unless it's on topic, I have no further response.   
2018-5-5
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

djiuser_RojfSW97etD9 Posted at 2018-5-5 03:11
Do I really have to reply to stupidity? More insults - hallucinations?  WTF* does that mean? DOH!
This conversion is taking the wrong path. Unless it's on topic, I have no further response.

2018-5-5
Use props
djiuser_RojfSW97etD9
lvl.4
Australia

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-5-5 03:13
Runaway again and Stop Pointing Fingers, learn some Manners. So ''WTF'' is swearing to you ? Are you some Conservative Religious Freak ?

You are so empty inside that even a Kangaroo made you Cry ! Pathetic.

No worries. Just another of your posts to report as offensive. Grow up.
2018-5-5
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

djiuser_RojfSW97etD9 Posted at 2018-5-5 03:16
No worries. Just another of your posts to report as offensive. Grow up.

2018-5-5
Use props
djiuser_RojfSW97etD9
lvl.4
Australia

The spark & remote connect via 5.8Ghz wifi if the DJI Go app is connected to the RC at 2.4Ghz. I guess the password is established during pairing -  WPS mode. The same as any other WPS equipped wifi router.  I don't have 5.8Ghz on my android so I can't try the reverse nor monitor the 5.8Ghz spectrum.  
I hope that explains the spark/remote connection.
2018-5-5
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

djiuser_RojfSW97etD9 Posted at 2018-5-5 03:36
The spark & remote connect via 5.8Ghz wifi if the DJI Go app is connected to the RC at 2.4Ghz. I guess the password is established during pairing -  WPS mode. The same as any other WPS equipped wifi router.  I don't have 5.8Ghz on my android so I can't try the reverse nor monitor the 5.8Ghz spectrum.  
I hope that explains the spark/remote connection.

2018-5-5
Use props
djiuser_RojfSW97etD9
lvl.4
Australia

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-5-5 03:38
You guess or you sure ? Be Sure else I will report you again.

If you dont know, dont comment on things you are not sure !

Now your comments are weird. Report again for what? Please stop your nonsense. I told you I can't confirm 5.8 Ghz - what else can I say? It's obvious how the typical wifi connection works & it's WPS or similar. Either way, it's got nothing to do with the latest version of DJI Go at the moment.
2018-5-5
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

djiuser_RojfSW97etD9 Posted at 2018-5-5 03:47
Now your comments are weird. Report again for what? Please stop your nonsense. I told you I can't confirm 5.8 Ghz - what else can I say? It's obvious how the typical wifi connection works & it's WPS or similar. Either way, it's got nothing to do with the latest version of DJI Go at the moment.

2018-5-5
Use props
djiuser_RojfSW97etD9
lvl.4
Australia

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-5-5 03:49

When did I blame others for something they don't have? I simply said you can't comment on a version you don't have. Help me when you have version 4.2.14 instead of guessing.

Again, it's not my fault you don't have access to 4.2.14.
This thread is about 4.2.14 - not your automatic assumptions. I don't mean to offend, but you simply do not understand & insist to comment about something you don't have. Why are you upset when you have no idea about the latest version - I have it here to see, how can you see unless you have it?
2018-5-5
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

djiuser_RojfSW97etD9 Posted at 2018-5-5 04:03
When did I blame others for something they don't have? I simply said you can't comment on a version you don't have. Help me when you have version 4.2.14 instead of guessing.

2018-5-5
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

djiuser_RojfSW97etD9 Posted at 2018-5-5 04:03

2018-5-5
Use props
djiuser_RojfSW97etD9
lvl.4
Australia

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-5-5 04:07
Its ok Mr. Anonymous.

I understand you where very Angry at me, as I tried to help you.

I'm not angry, never was.  I just tried to explain & then you got upset because you can't get 4.2.14.
Again, that's not my fault.  
2018-5-5
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

djiuser_RojfSW97etD9 Posted at 2018-5-5 04:10
I'm not angry, never was.  I just tried to explain & then you got upset because you can't get 4.2.14.
Again, that's not my fault.

2018-5-5
Use props
djiuser_RojfSW97etD9
lvl.4
Australia

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-5-5 04:10
I agree with You !

You are a Genius. I will never try to help you. Sorry Sir. I gave you Thumbs Up too.

Help? If I told you to walk off a cliff would you? Stop guessing solutions - that's no help. But If I tell you the way it is, & you beg to differ from your own experience - it's called a debate. Please stop being emotional & respect the comments.  
2018-5-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules