Phantom 4 speed test & long distance flight
2088 8 2018-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roovair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 473950 ft
United Kingdom

Only 2km far flight but high velocity wind yesterday so i decided to return to home. Also speed of 71,4km/h - 44mph reached in these conditions. Impressed about my P4.
2018-5-4
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

Nice - speed/distance test in strong winds over populated areas!
This is how drone flying is supposed to be.
2018-5-4
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Eric13 Posted at 2018-5-4 04:19

Unfortunately not legal here in the UK though, we have a Drone Code to obey.
2018-5-4
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Eric13 Posted at 2018-5-4 04:19
Nice - speed/distance test in strong winds over populated areas!

I am feeling the sarcasm lol
2018-5-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Longer flights are fun, aren't they Was the speed achieved with the following wind?  The P4 is truly a great piece of kit. The video content of longer flights is usually too long to sustain the interest of the average viewer, even though to the pilot they remain fascinating.  Finding sufficient content without infractions on no-fly zones is an increasing challenge.  If you want inspiration, look no further than:      a 17 minute awe-inspiring flight by a master of the art.  You may have already seen it. I've lost count of the times I've watched it
2018-5-4
Use props
roovair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 473950 ft

Blériot53 Posted at 2018-5-4 07:17
Longer flights are fun, aren't they  Was the speed achieved with the following wind?  The P4 is truly a great piece of kit. The video content of longer flights is usually too long to sustain the interest of the average viewer, even though to the pilot they remain fascinating.  Finding sufficient content without infractions on no-fly zones is an increasing challenge.  If you want inspiration, look no further than:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVi3yaWadxM    a 17 minute awe-inspiring flight by a master of the art.  You may have already seen it. I've lost count of the times I've watched it

I`ve never seen this video mate and i`m really gratefull for this link! Yes it is a great inspiration for me because with Phantom 4 i`m sure i can make some long vid to looks even better. Maybe yesterday it was only 2kms for me but it is my longest flight ever and i want more. But also i don`t want to break any basic rules and keep all this very very safe for the people, animals and buildings on the ground.

"Was the speed achieved with the following wind?" yes. It is also my highest speed ever flown! I didn`t know the exactly speed of the wind but it was looking very quiet on even tall trees. I was flying on 36m height and i was sure no obstacles on my route.

And this is my final video from that day with different music. And i know that some of the pilots from this forum can condemn me for this flight but I am not a risk taker and will not put anyone in danger!

2018-5-4
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

I dont see anything in that video that warrants condemning looks like you had a fun flight.
Only thing that could be picked on was you were out of vlos but hey who hasnt done that ill bet 99% of the pilots here have gone outside of vlos at some stage.ive seen guys flying their drones over very populated areas and nothing was said. As far as flying over buildings is concerned well ive seen alot of videos on here of people crashing into historic buildings and they weren't condemned for it so i wouldnt worry too much.
Just stick to the rules that govern your flights always be mindfull of safety first.
2018-5-4
Use props
jybirahug
New

Sweet test
2019-10-16
Use props
jybirahug
New

Vietnam

Phantom 4 Speed Test. In this video we have tested the maximum speed of 40mph and show how to enable sport mode.
2019-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules