Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X5S vs X4S Photo
872 3 2018-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YOYOMAN
First Officer
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

I plan to buy an X5S to improve the quality of my photos (I don't care about video) of my I2 X4S. Do you think that's really worth it?

2018-5-4
Use props
rent
Captain
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
Russia

That's a really subjective question. What are your primary issues with the X4S, and what are your expectations of what X5S can do for you? And how much are you willing to spend to reach that result?

I'm going to explain my thought process on the gear I choose. Maybe it can be of help to you as a reference point. I have many years of experience in still photography, and only recently started doing aerial work. I decided on I2 with a X5S to start out with. I know the M4/3 platform would not give me the usual quality out of my ground-based equipment. But it is good enough to get started. The cost of X7 and the lenses are simply too much, even though I know it's a bigger sensor and better DR, etc. My plan is to move up to X7S when it comes out. This is also in line with my general approach to equipment updates, which is to update every other generation.

----
Alex Jiang Photography

2018-5-4
Use props
YOYOMAN
First Officer
Réunion

rent Posted at 2018-5-4 08:35
That's a really subjective question. What are your primary issues with the X4S, and what are your expectations of what X5S can do for you? And how much are you willing to spend to reach that result?

I'm going to explain my thought process on the gear I choose. Maybe it can be of help to you as a reference point. I have many years of experience in still photography, and only recently started doing aerial work. I decided on I2 with a X5S to start out with. I know the M4/3 platform would not give me the usual quality out of my ground-based equipment. But it is good enough to get started. The cost of X7 and the lenses are simply too much, even though I know it's a bigger sensor and better DR, etc. My plan is to move up to X7S when it comes out. This is also in line with my general approach to equipment updates, which is to update every other generation.

Hi !
Thanks for answer.

I don't have any issue with X4S, this camera is not so bad, but in low lights for exemple, it sucks.
How does the M4/3 really improve the quality of photo in comparaison to the 1" of the X4S?
About color, details, pixel quality, noise, iso, is there any improvment? Could you argue please =)

thanks
2018-5-4
Use props
YOYOMAN
First Officer
Réunion

rent Posted at 2018-5-4 08:35

I'm going to explain my thought process on the gear I choose. Maybe it can be of help to you as a reference point. I have many years of experience in still photography, and only recently started doing aerial work. I decided on I2 with a X5S to start out with. I know the M4/3 platform would not give me the usual quality out of my ground-based equipment. But it is good enough to get started. The cost of X7 and the lenses are simply too much, even though I know it's a bigger sensor and better DR, etc. My plan is to move up to X7S when it comes out. This is also in line with my general approach to equipment updates, which is to update every other generation.

another point is aperture. With X4S I'm disapointed because I always keep an aperture between 5-5.6.
What's about with X5S?
2018-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules