Does the Tello lose image stabilization after taking photos
Home / TELLO /
6737 26 2018-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ZF7odmXxJ4wR
lvl.2
South Africa

Hi All. So I'm having this weird issue that my tello seems to lose image stabilization when taking a photo. Basically what i see on the screen is smooth, as it should be, then I take a photo, and right after it's finished processing the screen starts shaking.
I have also noticed that this happens when i switch from 'slow' to 'fast' mode. can you tell me whether this is normal? (I hope not). The only way to get rid of the shake is to switch the drone off and on again, and all will be smooth.....?

Lighting conditions are optimal, and wind situation is the same in the cases, in most cases little to no wind, BUT if it was the wind, or the light, then surely it would shake all the time?

Please let me know what you think of the videos and what your experience is?

Thanks All!!
2018-5-4
Use props
fansf72815bf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 373766 ft
Thailand

mine too,exactly same issue , very happy um not alone ^_^
2018-5-6
Use props
ades
lvl.2

Singapore

based on the videos.. it should be the wind.. cuz there's no video stabilise or gimbals.. the video might be shaky if there's enough wind to make it shaky..
2018-5-6
Use props
djiuser_ZF7odmXxJ4wR
lvl.2
South Africa

Hi. Thanks for the responses so far. Also glad to hear I'm not the only one.
Ades, wrt your comment, the Tello does in fact come with digital image stabilization, it's actually one of the features that make it different from other toy drones in this price range. I agree that the Tello does not like wind, but on windless days as in the videos, the Tello does an excellent job of keeping the image still... Until a photo is taken..
2018-5-6
Use props
ades
lvl.2

Singapore

djiuser_ZF7odmXxJ4wR Posted at 2018-5-6 21:08
Hi. Thanks for the responses so far. Also glad to hear I'm not the only one.
Ades, wrt your comment, the Tello does in fact come with digital image stabilization, it's actually one of the features that make it different from other toy drones in this price range. I agree that the Tello does not like wind, but on windless days as in the videos, the Tello does an excellent job of keeping the image still... Until a photo is taken..

I see.. okay.. I'll try it again when I'm free to see about the video..
Thanks for the enlightenment! ;)
2018-5-6
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Hey, please be well advised that the digital image stabilization would not work under " fast" mode, which can explain this kind of phenomenon.
2018-5-7
Use props
djiuser_ZF7odmXxJ4wR
lvl.2
Germany

Thank you for that confirmation. But let me also confirm this happens in slow mode, all those videos were taken in slow mode.

Herewith another link from the weekend, showing the problem again. Also if it was in fast mode, the controls would have blue highlights around the controls. This just confirms that it is in slow mode...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p8VdgXOqxnTkBJEsw8laB58u2eTViI5J/view?usp=drivesdk
2018-5-7
Use props
djiuser_ZF7odmXxJ4wR
lvl.2
South Africa

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p8VdgXOqxnTkBJEsw8laB58u2eTViI5J/view?usp=drivesdk

Just reposting link so that it hopefully works when clicking on it..
2018-5-7
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

djiuser_ZF7odmXxJ4wR Posted at 2018-5-7 03:59
Thank you for that confirmation. But let me also confirm this happens in slow mode, all those videos were taken in slow mode.

Herewith another link from the weekend, showing the problem again. Also if it was in fast mode, the controls would have blue highlights around the controls. This just confirms that it is in slow mode...

Thanks, it seems that the drone was in the fast mode according to the blue highlights. For sure, would you be so kind to record a video in slow mode all the time?
2018-5-8
Use props
djiuser_ZF7odmXxJ4wR
lvl.2
South Africa

I'm not sure I understand. As there were no blue highlights in my video. I am saying that all videos have been taken in slow mode. None of the videos in this post have been in fast mode. If it were in fast mode, the controls on the screen would have the blue circle highlights. When looking at the last video you see no blue circle highlights, confirming this was slow mode...
2018-5-8
Use props
fansf72815bf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 373766 ft
Thailand

Confirm This Problem too , tested it almost everyday , Hope this issue could be fixed easily  for Ryze on The next Firmware
2018-5-10
Use props
djiuser_ZF7odmXxJ4wR
lvl.2
South Africa

And how do you resolve? Restart the drone? It's a little inconvenient to have to bring back and restart the drone every time you want to take a photo. And as I mentioned in my mail to Ryze (quite a few mails back and forth with no confirmation of anything, never mind resolution) this drone is marketed as a drone in a certain price range with 'a camera that's better than the rest'... A little ironic then that this is the aspect that there's an issue with, taking a photo. Either all Tello's do this and a software update will fix, or the ones with this issue are faulty and we should be told to exchange them for a new one... Should not be difficult to answer, but to get an answer remains a challenge... Fyi.. I have tested this with a galaxy s7 (fully supported), my new galaxy s9, and iOS iPhone 8 plus (fully supported). Results are the same. Firmware and app latest version also..
2018-5-10
Use props
Tim Twerp
lvl.2

I'm really not seeing that.  iPad IMovie, 5 min project from Tello pics and vids:
https://drive.google.com/open?id ... N_HOb4emlPSDrsPv8KC

Using range extender, GameSir Td1, and altitude hack to 30 meters...  
2018-5-11
Use props
djiuser_ZF7odmXxJ4wR
lvl.2
South Africa

Fyi... Made sense for me to get another Tello, due to a bundle with batteries, so now I have two Tello's... I can confirm that both have the issue as mentioned above... Hoping patiently for a FW update that will resolve this... All in all still loving the drone...
2018-6-4
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

Is there any new information about this issue? Or a workaround apart from landing and restarting the drone?
2018-8-8
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
Japan

I’ve noticed the problem will pop up when I put photo quality to high.
2018-8-8
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

I am pretty sure I have this exact problem, but I will try to do some testing tomorrow to confirm.

Thanks a lot to the OP for bringing up the subject (and the examples) by the way...
2018-8-8
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

djiuser_ZF7odmXxJ4wR Posted at 2018-5-10 21:56
And how do you resolve? Restart the drone? It's a little inconvenient to have to bring back and restart the drone every time you want to take a photo. And as I mentioned in my mail to Ryze (quite a few mails back and forth with no confirmation of anything, never mind resolution) this drone is marketed as a drone in a certain price range with 'a camera that's better than the rest'... A little ironic then that this is the aspect that there's an issue with, taking a photo. Either all Tello's do this and a software update will fix, or the ones with this issue are faulty and we should be told to exchange them for a new one... Should not be difficult to answer, but to get an answer remains a challenge... Fyi.. I have tested this with a galaxy s7 (fully supported), my new galaxy s9, and iOS iPhone 8 plus (fully supported). Results are the same. Firmware and app latest version also..

My sincere sorry for unable to reply you in time. Please kindly adjust bit rate to 1M to see if there is any improvement. If it persists, may I know if she would lose its image stabilization every time or just by accident?
2018-8-8
Use props
Pylomé
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29160 ft

RYZE Posted at 2018-8-8 18:12
My sincere sorry for unable to reply you in time. Please kindly adjust bit rate to 1M to see if there is any improvement. If it persists, may I know if she would lose its image stabilization every time or just by accident?

The Ryze support here doesn't seem to understand the Problem at all.

The Drone loses image stabilization for video every time a photo was taken. If you won't take a photo the stabilization continues to work.

I have the same issue. It's kinda annoying and needs to be fixed asap.

Also the App is unable to save settings.
2018-8-11
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Hopefully we can find a fix. As others have noted putting the image quality at high from time to time does indeed turn off stabilization for video video.
2018-8-11
Use props
Lightweightdron
lvl.1

Canada

Same here , literally no wind, slow mode , video stabilization seems to be turned off. Very shaky video , not jello but shaky.
2018-11-3
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Hey, do you have the same issue after you taking photos?
If yes, could you please show us a video for further analysis?
2018-11-4
Use props
Wah!
lvl.1
Hong Kong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gfO2ssqcfY

Here is a video showing the problem, I have the same problem too!
2019-2-28
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Wah! Posted at 2-28 11:06
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gfO2ssqcfY

Here is a video showing the problem, I have the same problem too!

Thanks for your attached video Wah! That must have been frustrating for you, will look into it and help you get an update soon.
2019-3-1
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

I did some video tests indoors. Take off - slow mode vid - slow mode take photo - slow mode video - fast mode video- land. I swerved tello left and right in both videos and I saw no loss of EIS. The fast mode vid was a bit shaky as expected. Newest iOS app 1.3.0 and 01.04.78.01 fw.
2019-3-3
Use props
BSage
lvl.1

United States

I have the same issue only after taking a photo i loose EIS and only way to correct is turn tello off and back on. I have sent tello in for repair and it was sent back not fixed. So now ryze wants me to send in again. It will take another 3-4 weeks and this is not good support. ryze should just replace tello with a new tello
2019-3-15
Use props
BSage
lvl.1

United States

update: Guys please check your tello's, after taking a photo tello looses EIS until I turn it off and back on. My place of purchase did an even exchange and right out of the box EIS malfunctioned after taking the 2nd photo. I'm 99% convinced it's a firmware bug.
2019-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules