DJI GO 4 ...CRASH!...CRASH!...CRASH!
1064 10 2018-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft

I was on remote location at a lake today and for the first time ever I started getting multiple Go 4 crashes. This is on a CrystalSky. At one point the screen completely froze. It wouldn't do anything. The screen showed the I2 on the other side of the lake about 20 feet from shore. I hit the RTH button but momentarily lost sight of the bird. Got a tad paniky. 2 minutes later it shows up and almost lands on my head. Then the app completely crashed to a blank screen. Two other times the app just quit to the home screen and I get a message saying settings had defaulted to old user settings. It was pretty bad and I need to figure out the cause. Not good.
2018-5-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. What error message you got from app when your app disconnected with your RC? Did you try to change a cable? Please tell me the model of your device.  
2018-5-6
Use props
lvl.4

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-6 22:45
Hi, there. What error message you got from app when your app disconnected with your RC? Did you try to change a cable? Please tell me the model of your device.

Hi Elektra,
There is no error message. The app just crashes back to home screen. The is on the Cendence and CrystalSky 7.85 Ultra. It seems to be getting worse.
2018-5-7
Use props
DRAGenDROP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

samen problems we also have with iPad mini4, the ipad freez up and we have to hard reset the app and start again., we never had problems with it.
dammit
2018-5-7
Use props
rent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
Russia

DRAGenDROP Posted at 2018-5-7 08:15
samen problems we also have with iPad mini4, the ipad freez up and we have to hard reset the app and start again., we never had problems with it.
dammit

iPad mini 4 might be insufficient in hardware performance when running the new software. I have been running iPad Pro 10.5" + Cendence without issues.
2018-5-7
Use props
lvl.4

I'd been running without problems since I got this thing until Saturday when out of the blue it started constantly crashing.
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-5-7 09:34
I'd been running without problems since I got this thing until Saturday when out of the blue it started constantly crashing.

Did you try to change a mobile device for check? Please clear up all the files and run app only in the background.
2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

DRAGenDROP Posted at 2018-5-7 08:15
dammit

Please follow the advice in 7# and keep us updated, thanks.
2018-5-8
Use props
lvl.4

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-8 01:32
Did you try to change a mobile device for check? Please clear up all the files and run app only in the background.

How do I clear all files and run only in background on the CrystalSky? Thanks.
2018-5-8
Use props
lvl.4

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-8 01:32
Please follow the advice in 7# and keep us updated, thanks.

If I operate for only 10-15 minutes on 1 set of batteries I'm fine but if I fly for a long time changing batteries that's when GO 4 crashes. How do I clear all the files?
2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-5-8 07:45
If I operate for only 10-15 minutes on 1 set of batteries I'm fine but if I fly for a long time changing batteries that's when GO 4 crashes. How do I clear all the files?

You can enter the setting button and tap the icon beside a "house" pattern. Then you can run the GO 4 only. When it comes to clear the storage, you can enter setting-storage to clear the cache files.
2018-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules