6369 36 2018-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Third outing in my first week with the brilliant Mavic Air. Thought I would try an HDR in the sunset this evening. So impressed with the performance of this drone!
2018-5-4
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Do you have a link??  Not showing.  
2018-5-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-4 14:14
Do you have a link??  Not showing.

Sorry mate - it's on it's way!
2018-5-4
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

So an advantage of the MA over the MP/MPP is the much less noise at higher sharpness setting.  What do you have your sharpness set to?  I figure you are at +1 but curious.
2018-5-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-4 14:15
So an advantage of the MA over the MP/MPP is the much less noise at higher sharpness setting.  What do you have your sharpness set to?  I figure you are at +1 but curious.

Zero sharpness. -1 contrast and 0 saturation though I played around with the settings this evening.
2018-5-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2018-5-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2018-5-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2018-5-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2018-5-4
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Great shots Andy, it's a fabulous little drone and so capable of producing awesome shots and videos.
2018-5-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 2018-5-4 15:19
Great shots Andy, it's a fabulous little drone and so capable of producing awesome shots and videos.

It's amazing mate - so impressed. My 4th battery arrived today so fully kitted out and all set now with the Polar Pro cinema ND's arriving yesterday on top of the fly more combo. Used all four batteries in succession and got 1 hour, 7 minutes in total flight time landing each one on 15% and using Sport mode. There was a group of us and three had RC Planes with powerful transmitters - I didn't even expect the Mavic Air WiFi to enable me to take off but it did and I reached 2,250 feet at one point and never lost signal once. Focused very heavily this evening on experimenting with the camera profiles though I finished off the last battery using Smart Capture which some of the old timers couldn't get their head around. The gesture controls performed perfectly even during the end of the sunset. I've decided this is a keeper for sure. All of the flights were using the latest FW just released and GO 4 app version following my reinstallation and calibrating everything. So really pleased that didn't impact on anything and the drone performed perfectly on every flight.
2018-5-4
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

A CW Posted at 2018-5-4 15:31
It's amazing mate - so impressed. My 4th battery arrived today so fully kitted out and all set now with the Polar Pro cinema ND's arriving yesterday on top of the fly more combo. Used all four batteries in succession and got 1 hour, 7 minutes in total flight time landing each one on 15% and using Sport mode. There was a group of us and three had RC Planes with powerful transmitters - I didn't even expect the Mavic Air WiFi to enable me to take off but it did and I reached 2,250 feet at one point and never lost signal once. Focused very heavily this evening on experimenting with the camera profiles though I finished off the last battery using Smart Capture which some of the old timers couldn't get their head around. The gesture controls performed perfectly even during the end of the sunset. I've decided this is a keeper for sure. All of the flights were using the latest FW just released and GO 4 app version following my reinstallation and calibrating everything. So really pleased that didn't impact on anything and the drone performed perfectly on every flight.

Ours developed a wee minor fault with android, both the histogram and exposure warning don't work now, the option to turn them on is there, slide it to green and nothing, nada, zip. So Miche had to expose by eyeball this afternoon. It worked pre update and failed after lol No big issue

Tested it on the ipad mini 4 and no issues, histogram and exposure warnings worked perfectly, so android issue.
2018-5-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 2018-5-4 15:43
Ours developed a wee minor fault with android, both the histogram and exposure warning don't work now, the option to turn them on is there, slide it to green and nothing, nada, zip. So Miche had to expose by eyeball this afternoon. It worked pre update and failed after lol No big issue

Tested it on the ipad mini 4 and no issues, histogram and exposure warnings worked perfectly, so android issue.

It's usually the device/app 99% of the time mate. As you said, we always think it's the drone but rarely is. My customisable and function buttons are back to normal after my pre update glitch. Turning off the video cache has helped too. I would never use Android with DJI drones - they seem to be made for Apple.
2018-5-4
Use props
rent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Are these straight out of DJI GO results or post processed in other software?
2018-5-4
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

A CW Posted at 2018-5-4 15:50
It's usually the device/app 99% of the time mate. As you said, we always think it's the drone but rarely is. My customisable and function buttons are back to normal after my pre update glitch. Turning off the video cache has helped too. I would never use Android with DJI drones - they seem to be made for Apple.

Yup, androids retired now Ipad mini 4's all the way, going shopping in the morning to pick up another mini 4. Can't be dealing with issues from androids lol Poor Miche had to eyeball exposure and boy did she swear lots. That said she has produced a great wee video she's going to post tomorrow, so fair play to the girl, she persevered admirably.  
2018-5-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rent Posted at 2018-5-4 15:58
Are these straight out of DJI GO results or post processed in other software?

I turn off video cache in the app - I don't need 720p
These are taken directly from the Micro SD card and internal storage of the drone and auto stitched (the bottom three panos). All have had a little bit of work in post using nothing more than basic IOS Photos on my 2014 MacBook Air.
2018-5-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 2018-5-4 15:59
Yup, androids retired now Ipad mini 4's all the way, going shopping in the morning to pick up another mini 4. Can't be dealing with issues from androids lol Poor Miche had to eyeball exposure and boy did she swear lots. That said she has produced a great wee video she's going to post tomorrow, so fair play to the girl, she persevered admirably.

Good for her mate! I used the Mini 4 with my P4P when I had it. By far the best iPad/tablet to use with these drones.
I now use my iPhone 7+ since I turned to the personal drones as they fit perfectly in the remotes though I do miss the added screen size sometimes when lining up shots but the 7+ works almost perfectly.
2018-5-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2018-5-5
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Very nice images. Good work and congrats on the 4th battery. Those are really handy, aren't they?
2018-5-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Elektrica Atellani Posted at 2018-5-5 01:09
Very nice images. Good work and congrats on the 4th battery. Those are really handy, aren't they?

An absolute must, especially with the Mavic Air if you want more than that all important hour of flight time without the need of touching a charger.
2018-5-5
Use props
LiliTheKIng
New
Flight distance : 3087 ft
Belgium

Hi. I tried Hdr on my MA but I ve got 3 pictures (-1,0,1).Normally I would have just one. Where is the problem? Thank you
2018-7-18
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

LiliTheKIng Posted at 2018-7-18 10:37
Hi. I tried Hdr on my MA but I ve got 3 pictures (-1,0,1).Normally I would have just one. Where is the problem? Thank you

Hi, you probably chose the HDR AEB shots where you can select 3 or 5 shots. To avoid that just select "Single Shot".
https://store.dji.com/guides/6-p ... pher-needs-to-know/
2018-7-18
Use props
LiliTheKIng
New
Belgium

FlyDK Posted at 2018-7-18 10:46
Hi, you probably chose the HDR AEB shots where you can select 3 or 5 shots. To avoid that just select "Single Shot".

Thank you for the fast answer!

I especially chose HDR because I know the difference between HDR where MA takes 3 photos and combined them in 1 and AEB where we can choose 3 or 5 photos and MA does not combine them.

Problem is elswhere
2018-7-18
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

LiliTheKIng Posted at 2018-7-18 10:54
Thank you for the fast answer!

I especially chose HDR because I know the difference between HDR where MA takes 3 photos and combined them in 1 and AEB where we can choose 3 or 5 photos and MA does not combine them.

You're welcome, but I'm sorry I couldn't do better as I only have the MP.
How about the "Multiple Shot" function then... could you have chosen that one?
2018-7-18
Use props
LiliTheKIng
New
Belgium

No I pay attention to choose hdr. AEB works just great, multiple too. Just problem with hdr
2018-7-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LiliTheKIng Posted at 2018-7-18 11:41
No I pay attention to choose hdr. AEB works just great, multiple too. Just problem with hdr

AEB and manual editing will always prove more effective  
2018-7-18
Use props
LiliTheKIng
New
Belgium

Yes I know but I would like to understand why hdr is not working... Hdr is quicker than AEB and sometimes enough.

I m lost
2018-7-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LiliTheKIng Posted at 2018-7-18 13:56
Yes I know but I would like to understand why hdr is not working... Hdr is quicker than AEB and sometimes enough.

I m lost

It works but it is not as good as AEB - similar to the panos auto stitching being OK but not as good as when stitched manually
2018-7-19
Use props
LiliTheKIng
New
Belgium

Yes I know but this not explain why hdr gives 3 jpg
2018-7-19
Use props
LiliTheKIng
New
Belgium

Is this an android issue? My LG G6 is not on dji s list
2018-7-19
Use props
LiliTheKIng
New
Belgium

I ve got some other mysteries ie in quickshot, options choices are in the middle of my screen so very difficult to select the target!
2018-7-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LiliTheKIng Posted at 2018-7-19 11:37
I ve got some other mysteries ie in quickshot, options choices are in the middle of my screen so very difficult to select the target!

That does sound like your choice of device may be causing that. Do you have a friend who uses an IOS device? Perhaps you can test it on their iPhone/iPad and see if it is your drone or your android device causing the issue.
2018-7-19
Use props
LiliTheKIng
New
Belgium

I will receive an iPad mini 2 to test if dji go is better with ios!
2018-7-19
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

A CW Posted at 2018-7-19 00:22
It works but it is not as good as AEB - similar to the panos auto stitching being OK but not as good as when stitched manually

I agree with you Andy.
I have used HDR and find it disappointing. Hardly any difference, if any, between a normal shot or the HDR. I also found the AEB gave better results, even though it isn't convenient.
2018-7-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My first use with HDR on the MA was using FW .300 and the results were striking - I recall posting the stills back in the beginning of May and the difference was noticeable to single shot - especially in the cloud formations. Since the .400 update the difference is less obvious and as you say, hardly any difference to single shot. Disappointing as auto stitching the HDR stills on the MA was cool. There is still a slight difference but nothing like before the update. That said, I always use manual camera settings since getting my ND filters and remember doing my maiden flights in auto as couldn’t control the shutter speeds without ND’s - I’ll switch back to auto and test HDR again but I suspect the downgrade in HDR quality has something to do with the latest FW somehow impacting on the HDR algorithms.
2018-7-19
Use props
BHProductions
First Officer
Flight distance : 43018593 ft
United States

Awesome shots there, especially the sun rays in first one.
2018-7-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BHProductions Posted at 2018-7-20 07:23
Awesome shots there, especially the sun rays in first one.

Thanks BHP   
2018-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules