3414 22 2015-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tandre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40976496 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a S1000 with GH4 gimbal, Lightbridge and A2 controller.  When I got my brand new GH4 gimbal (replaced my perfectly working GH3 gimbal), I had to send it in to DJI to get it balanced (was just spinning and spinning).  After I got the gimbal back I noticed that my video signal on my monitor were just lines and blocks.  So I send it in again, and DJI said it was my HDMI video cable (from the AV/HD board to the Panasonic GH4.  I did not really use it after I got it back since I spend most of my time playing with the new Inspire 1.  Now I got a job were I need to use the Panasonic GH4 camera, so I updated all my firmware on the A2 controller (2.5), GH4 gimbal, and Lightbridge.  After all the updates, I hooked up everything and my video signal is still just blocks and lines.  So I bought a new GH4 gimbal HDMI (HDMI micro to AV/HD board) cable, and still the same problem.  When I connect the camera directly tho the Lightbridge air unit, the signal is perfect.  So it must be the AV/HD board.  This is getting really frustrating not being able to use that GH4 gimbal.  Compared to the Inspire 1 this S1000 setup is a work in procress.  How many times do I have to send that GH4 gimbal in to DJI befor it ever works right (it is also not level after its dance).
2015-5-10
Use props
DJI support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Hi Tandre, could you wait for 3  minutes after powering on the camera, then check the video quality?
2015-5-10
Use props
tandre.mac
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI support 8 Posted at 2015-5-11 10:41
Hi Tandre, could you wait for 3  minutes after powering on the camera, then check the video quality?

I will try.  But are you telling me the AV/HD board takes three minutes to show a clean video?  I can't wait that long with a whole film crew waiting for the shoot.  This GH4 gimbal has given me so much trouble, I am ready to give up on Lightbridge HD signal.  The reason I replaced the GH3 gimbal with the GH4 gimbal was so I do not have to connect a HDMI cable into the GH4 camera after initialization (and everybody is waiting till I am ready to take off).
2015-5-10
Use props
tandre.mac
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI support 8 Posted at 2015-5-11 10:41

Waited ten minutes after powering up, and nothing changed, still bad signal (sometimes a large green block).  As I said before, when I connect a HDMI micro cable to the Panasonic GH4 and straight into the Lightbridge air unit, I get a perfect video signal.  So it has to be the connection in the gimbal itself.  Can't be the HDMI cable to the AV/HD board since I tried two new ones.  I guess it must be the AV?HD board.  
2015-5-11
Use props
DJI support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

tandre.mac Posted at 2015-5-12 01:52
Waited ten minutes after powering up, and nothing changed, still bad signal (sometimes a large gre ...

Hi Please add my working skype candice-zhu for better communication.
2015-5-11
Use props
zentinel
New

Switzerland

Hi

I had and have the same problem as you. Already sent it back to DJI and get the Gimbal with the same problem back.
I use also Lightbridge. Problem occurs depending on the temeparature outside - 20 degress and above no problem.

There's currently just one "Workaround" which works more or less: Disconnect HDMI, take a Android Tablet, Install Lightbridge and connect the Groundstation through USB and enjoy your video through Tablet.

For some reason (have no idea why) it works with USB but not with HDMI. But as you, if i connect it directirly to the AirUnit it works like a charm.
It is not a real solution with USB but better that nothing.

Sascha
2015-5-13
Use props
tandre.mac
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

zentinel@gmx.ch Posted at 2015-5-13 21:08
Hi

I had and have the same problem as you. Already sent it back to DJI and get the Gimbal with the  ...

So no problem by -20 and above?  Do you mean -20 and below?  So DJI did nothing to fix your problem?  They told me it was my HDMI cable from the camera to the AV/HDMI board.  But I still have the same problem after they exchanged my HDMI cable.  So I bought another one (HDMI cable to AV/HD board), still bad video.  I wonder if it is the board itself.  Or some wiring in the gimbal.  I had the same signal problem with an HD projector, which I fixed by replacing the HDMI cable.  I will try your suggestion with an Apple iPad mini 2 and my NVIDIA Shield Android tablet.
2015-5-13
Use props
zentinel
New

Switzerland

tandre.mac Posted at 2015-5-14 09:38
So no problem by -20 and above?  Do you mean -20 and below?  So DJI did nothing to fix your proble ...

No, i meant: +20 and above. It seems to be a problem with the temparature. Check YouTube. There you can see also some video of guys which heat up the place where the hd/av board is located with a hairdryer. This works for a few minutes and then the video is again gone.

I am currently fighting again with my dealer. I want to get replaced the whole gimbal. I am not really sure if this will solve my problem but from another user i know that his gimbal works also at +5 degrees without problem

By-the-way: Apple Ipad mini? As far as i know there's still no IOS Lightbridge app. On Android you can download the regular DJI Lightbridge app with which you also configure the Lightbridge Video Signal. With it i use the Gimbal Video currently when the weather is too cold: https://play.google.com/store/ap ... dji.video&hl=de
2015-5-14
Use props
tandre.mac
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

zentinel@gmx.ch Posted at 2015-5-14 23:51
No, i meant: +20 and above. It seems to be a problem with the temparature. Check YouTube. There yo ...

Lightbridge did have an app for Apple, which still works for me.  Yea, I think too, that it is the AV/HD board.  I tried to get a new AV/HD board from DJI (through the tech-support by e-mail) to replace mine (so I do not have to send the gimbal in to DJI a third time) but they told me to call DJI and start the process again with the phone support.  This is a really frustrating process, so far I have had not really used that gimbal since I bought it, balance issues, not level, bad video etc.  I should have kept my GH3 gimbal since it worked well.  But I will try the hair dryer method to see if that changes anything.  Strange, normally its the opposite with electronics, getting to hot.
2015-5-14
Use props
tandre.mac
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

tandre.mac Posted at 2015-5-15 12:26
Lightbridge did have an app for Apple, which still works for me.  Yea, I think too, that it is the ...

I looked at the youtube video with heating up the AV/HD board, but they had no video at all.  I on the other hand have a bad video signal.
2015-5-14
Use props
tandre.mac
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

video signal with GH4 gimbal
2015-5-14
Use props
zentinel
New

Switzerland

tandre.mac Posted at 2015-5-15 12:51

I thought you have no video at all / you loose video and then it comes back.

Do you use only 1 camera on your Lightbridge?

My setup is 1 FPV Camera connected directly to AirUnit and 1 Camera (GH4) connected through Gimbal.

If you use just 1 camera, you already played with the video transmission mode?
2015-5-14
Use props
tandre.mac
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

tandre.mac Posted at 2015-5-15 12:51

I do not loose video, it is just bad.  As soon as I hook up a HDMI micro cable to the Panasonic GH4 and go straight into Lightbridg, the video signal is fine.  Yes I can switch the video mode between HD and AV.  So the problem is between AV/HD board to the GCU. And yes, I only use one camera.
2015-5-15
Use props
DJI support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

tandre.mac Posted at 2015-5-16 06:33
I do not loose video, it is just bad.  As soon as I hook up a HDMI micro cable to the Panasonic GH ...

Hi , Tandre, could you upload a video , I would like to see how serious the video quality is.
For faster solving your problem, you can add my working skype.
2015-5-19
Use props
tandre.mac
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

How do you upload a video to this site?   I can only send a link so far, which I already did on a previous post.
2015-5-22
Use props
DJI support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

tandre.mac Posted at 2015-5-23 07:10
How do you upload a video to this site?   I can only send a link so far, which I already did on a pr ...

That's fine. A link is fine.
2015-5-25
Use props
tandre.mac
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI support 8 Posted at 2015-5-25 17:17
That's fine. A link is fine.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24334593/GH4%20gimbal.MOV

Video Link
2015-5-28
Use props
DJI support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

1.What's your transmission mode? realtime mode , smooth or full HD mode? 2.Is there any 2.4Ghz device working around? This may cause interference
3.Could you try replacing the cable of on GCU G9 interface to see?
2015-6-1
Use props
tandre.mac
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI support 8 Posted at 2015-6-2 14:56
1.What's your transmission mode? realtime mode , smooth or full HD mode? 2.Is there any 2.4Ghz devi ...

Makes no difference in which mode I am.  Also replaced every cable for the GH4 gimbal with new ones.  No change.  The transmission is over Lightbridge (using only one remote controller for gimbal and S1000).  The video signal works perfectly if camera (HDMI cable) is connected straight to the air unit of Lightbridge.  So the video signal problem is with the gimbal, not with the camera or Lightbridge.
2015-6-3
Use props
DJI support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

tandre.mac Posted at 2015-6-4 11:29
Makes no difference in which mode I am.  Also replaced every cable for the GH4 gimbal with new one ...

Sorry to learn that.
Suggest you contact DJI us for a gimbal check and test.
2015-6-3
Use props
punkinhart
lvl.3
Australia

it's time Dji owned up to the fact that they have made a batch of unstable hdmi pcba boards, seems like there are many of us experiencing problems with it. Zenitel said that their gimbal was sent in to Dji and sent back with the same problem... it's not an enjoyable experience to pay a lot of money for a product that is supposed to be professional grade, only to have to keep shipping it off for months at a time and keep having the same problem happening. I have tech support telling me i can ship the gimbal to china from australia, or replace the hdmi pcba at my own expense, how do i know that the gimbal will be working any better when it comes back? when you buy a product that claims to be a professional product there is an expectation that it is reliable and will perform it's job as needed.
If Dji wanted to look after it's customers that have invested thousands of dollars into their professional products, they would bring out a new board that works reliably, and ship it to owners of the Z15-GH4 that are experiencing these failures.
2015-6-4
Use props
tandre.mac
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

punkinhart@hotm Posted at 2015-6-5 05:32
it's time Dji owned up to the fact that they have made a batch of unstable hdmi pcba boards, seems l ...

Yea I think you are right, it is most likely the AV/HD board.  This is the third time I send that gimbal to DJI, so far it has not worked right.  My mistake was to replace my GH3 gimbal with the GH4 HD gimbal, thinking it will work better for me.  And yes I would expect a gimbal for $2500 to work without having to troubleshoot it myself.  What really bugs me is that DJI send me the gimbal back, with just replacing the HDMI cable, which obviously was not the problem.  So I send it in again, and hopefully it gets fixed this time.
2015-6-7
Use props
tipweiss
New
United States

tandre.mac Posted at 2015-6-7 14:46
Yea I think you are right, it is most likely the AV/HD board.  This is the third time I send that  ...

Have you found a fix for this?  I have been experiencing the exact same problem!   S900/GH4/Z15. My signal crapped out on me at the worst possible time during some big jobs.  I haven't flown my S900 in months and using my inspire instead.  I tried replacing the HDMI cable and no change.  Very Frustrating!
Temperature has been in the 60s to 70s F.  So that's not it.  I was using the old IOS app on my iPad Air 2 and an HDMI monitor.  Neither one worked.   Signal strength was high % but video would stop, block out, or turn green.   

~T
2015-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules