1741 37 2018-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Hi all,

Just a post of my latest edit, flying around my home town lagoon today.
Recent focus has been on trying to get good image quality without over saturation.
This is an effort in that direction but now, although i do like the picture quality - i feel as though the colors do not 'pop' enough?
I hope you enjoy the short show.

All opinions and coments are welcome.

2018-5-4
Use props
dji TO88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Canada

Great work! Thanks for sharing!
2018-5-4
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Great Scenery,
From my point of view the color was there but was not as sharp. I thought the sky and water could of been a touch more bluer.
All and all I thought you did a great job with the editing.
2018-5-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Nice work. Thanks for sharing
2018-5-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Nice video buddy, was the pro trying to drift like the car
2018-5-4
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Personally I'm not a fan of oversaturated pictures and videos. We all know it can be hard to control these things, but in my opinion, what you've done her is quite good.
I've seen people discuss color saturation where some thought it was too weak while others claimed it was too strong, in the same video or picture. I believe we often forget something essential, namely, that there are big differences between the screens we each sit and edit at, or just watch a video or an image. Some monitors have a lot of preset options, as well as a custom setting, while others have no options at all. It will in itself give different perceptions of what is too much or too little.
2018-5-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done      
2018-5-5
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
South Africa

thank you acw :-)
2018-5-5
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
South Africa

FlyDK Posted at 2018-5-5 00:32
Personally I'm not a fan of oversaturated pictures and videos. We all know it can be hard to control these things, but in my opinion, what you've done her is quite good.
I've seen people discuss color saturation where some thought it was too weak while others claimed it was too strong, in the same video or picture. I believe we often forget something essential, namely, that there are big differences between the screens we each sit and edit at, or just watch a video or an image. Some monitors have a lot of preset options, as well as a custom setting, while others have no options at all. It will in itself give different perceptions of what is too much or too little.

thank you flydk - thanks for commenting on the saturation in particular and of course super to now you think i have done a better job than before.
I did a screen recalibration maybe about 2 weeks ago. I missed one section (kept missing it) and so after my calibratin my screen colors were obviously wrong but i could not find how to correct it - i even tried refreshing the settings but that did not work - so i had a dark screen i could not fix for a week.
Then i found the other settings and made some more tweeks - better now but i think still a little imperfectly set - will do another recalibration later.

Thanks so much for your comment.
2018-5-5
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
South Africa

Suren Posted at 2018-5-4 23:39
Nice video buddy, was the pro trying to drift like the car

Yeh - i was trying to get my drift on - forgot to push record button during two flips around the track :-(
had to make do with what was left.
thanks suren
2018-5-5
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
South Africa

Woe Posted at 2018-5-4 19:58
Nice work. Thanks for sharing

hey - hi woe - thanks, glad you enjoyed it.
2018-5-5
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
South Africa

B1houdini Posted at 2018-5-4 19:42
Great Scenery,
From my point of view the color was there but was not as sharp. I thought the sky and water could of been a touch more bluer.
All and all I thought you did a great job with the editing.

hey houdini - thanks yes you are right. This clip to so long to edit that by the end i decided on another color correcting route which was to tweek the colors on the entire clip (together) vs each individual clip.
also i have been using vivid color filter in my settings vs previously i was using the blue filter - which gave better depth to the blues.
Reason i got stuck on vivid lately is because my image pixilation issues seem to be much less when using the vivid filter.
i must check out the blue filter again and see how it goes.
Thanks so much for pointing the color weakness in the clip  out to me
2018-5-5
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
South Africa

dji TO88 Posted at 2018-5-4 17:38
Great work! Thanks for sharing!

thank you To88 thanks for enjoying it:-)
2018-5-5
Use props
M2Wair2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297723 ft
Ireland

Nice work my friend love the drift like the car ! and I like the way you followed the sailboat and then slowed it down to catch the the birds, great job
2018-5-5
Use props
integer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

Nice work, indeed!
2018-5-5
Use props
kfloke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149961 ft
Singapore

Nice video
2018-5-5
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-5-5 01:18
hey - hi woe - thanks, glad you enjoyed it.

2018-5-5
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
South Africa

thank you kfloke
2018-5-5
Use props
kfloke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149961 ft
Singapore

You are welcome
2018-5-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I think it looks nice.
2018-5-5
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-5-5 01:26
hey houdini - thanks yes you are right. This clip to so long to edit that by the end i decided on another color correcting route which was to tweek the colors on the entire clip (together) vs each individual clip.
also i have been using vivid color filter in my settings vs previously i was using the blue filter - which gave better depth to the blues.
Reason i got stuck on vivid lately is because my image pixilation issues seem to be much less when using the vivid filter.

Bekaru,
I am glad to help.
The funny thing about it I have a color deficiency mostly with Red, Greens and Browns. Other colors like Blue are more prominent when I look at things. Not seeing it in the sky and water is the reason I pointed it out. Others might think the sky and water were OK.
2018-5-5
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
South Africa

B1houdini Posted at 2018-5-5 11:57
Bekaru,
I am glad to help.
The funny thing about it I have a color deficiency mostly with Red, Greens and Browns. Other colors like Blue are more prominent when I look at things. Not seeing it in the sky and water is the reason I pointed it out. Others might think the sky and water were OK.

no - i am with you - the blues were soft.
we have a lot of water a sky here and i find the blue filter produces nicely bluer results - seems though the blue filter might be what is giving me pixialtion issues so i have been using vivid lately which does better with greens it looks like - but i miss the nice blues.
Also sometimes if the sky or reflection on water makes it slightly over exposed... :-(
So i have been trying to work on my shooting technique to be considerate of what angles i fly (relative to the sun) and this helps get more even colors - practice, practice, practice :-)
2018-5-5
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
South Africa

thank you
2018-5-5
Use props
Gregbella
Second Officer

Nice video why does the water look so green in some parts of the video
2018-5-5
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

This is without doubt the best so far, it had interest, movement and had me captured throughout. The colour was natural and inviting, I loved it. Well done buddy, excellent video.
2018-5-5
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
South Africa

M2Wair Posted at 2018-5-5 13:45
This is without doubt the best so far, it had interest, movement and had me captured throughout. The colour was natural and inviting, I loved it. Well done buddy, excellent video.

Thanks boss - so thats great to know because otherwise i only have my best guesses and watching the You Tube view rate to get a feel of how much it is being enjoyed or not and even then it is tough to know what aspect was enjoyed - so i appreciate your comment and thrilled to hear this was the best so far for you.
2018-5-5
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-5-5 13:59
Thanks boss - so thats great to know because otherwise i only have my best guesses and watching the You Tube view rate to get a feel of how much it is being enjoyed or not and even then it is tough to know what aspect was enjoyed - so i appreciate your comment and thrilled to hear this was the best so far for you.

You have come on in leaps and bounds editing wise, the handling of your drone has been there like forever, you know how to fly and fly well.  Your content has always been good and yes captivating, combining everything together is the key and in this video everything just gelled.  It was smooth, cinematic, really enjoyable and had me searching the content, I found interest in every frame so for me it was just superb.  
2018-5-5
Use props
myatch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 302228 ft
Mongolia

Hi, mate!
2018-5-5
Use props
myatch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 302228 ft
Mongolia

Hi, mate!

Like FlyDK said, we are indeed using different screens and the colors may vary due to this strongly. Personally I loved the clip and the impression of the place it creates in the mind. And if to speak about colors - if you are not satisfied with the ones you have or with the control over them, I would suggest just to try to shoot another time of the day, during the "Golden Hour", in the evening when the Sun is still in the sky but close to the sunset, the light is beautiful that time, the shadows are sharp and long, accentuating objects in your footage. I see that your perfect vid was filmed under direct sunlight daytime - from my experience it  affects the image not in the best way.

Good luck with your skills and have a nice day!
2018-5-5
Use props
BHProductions
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43018593 ft
United States

Nice drifting!
2018-5-5
Use props
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165213 ft
Australia

Bekaru

Great video and editing, a pleasure to watch. I too, live near many marina's here on the Mornington Peninsula in Victoria. I would never attempt such filming though, as i would breach nearly all the CASA (Civil Aviation Safety Authority) rules and probably end up in jail!
2018-5-5
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
South Africa

myatch Posted at 2018-5-5 20:50
Hi, mate!

Like FlyDK said, we are indeed using different screens and the colors may vary due to this strongly. Personally I loved the clip and the impression of the place it creates in the mind. And if to speak about colors - if you are not satisfied with the ones you have or with the control over them, I would suggest just to try to shoot another time of the day, during the "Golden Hour", in the evening when the Sun is still in the sky but close to the sunset, the light is beautiful that time, the shadows are sharp and long, accentuating objects in your footage. I see that your perfect vid was filmed under direct sunlight daytime - from my experience it  affects the image not in the best way.

thanks myatch - i am real glad you liked the clip - this forum is the only place i share my clips and so i really appreciate the feedback.
Sundown is certainly most beautiful time of day to fly for me - i am too often up late editing, so i am not good at getting up for sunrise:-)
Had a super sunset last night but my focus was not focusing. Fortunately i was able to get it sorted after a bit of time but by then then sun had dropped and all i got was a nice photo.
Happy flying
2018-5-5
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
South Africa

AussieFlyer Posted at 2018-5-5 21:53
Bekaru

Great video and editing, a pleasure to watch. I too, live near many marina's here on the Mornington Peninsula in Victoria. I would never attempt such filming though, as i would breach nearly all the CASA (Civil Aviation Safety Authority) rules and probably end up in jail!

hey aussieflyer - thanks for enjoying the video and commenting.
So many things to keep ones eye on - actually i am not allowed to fly over the lagoon at all since it is managed by a local branch of a national parks authority but it is the place where i am least likely to have to worry about avoiding people (safe flying distance) - so i took the chance to make it my safe place to learn to fly.
Now i got away with it so long its going to be a tough habit to break.
Although it does not justify my position: i learned that the parks authority motivation for preventing use of drones was out of concern for bird life and to prevent harassment of animals/birds.
Although i may fly over birds, i do not harass them. In all my time of flying to date i have not yet had a bird strike and so (in this particular environment) i do not feel that animal/bird protection is a necessary concern - so i take the chance.
My main flying cincerns are safety for living things and peoples right to privacy and right to not be harassed by a loud angry drone sound.

2018-5-5
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
South Africa

;-) - thanks
2018-5-5
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
South Africa

Gregbella Posted at 2018-5-5 13:42
Nice video why does the water look so green in some parts of the video

Thanks gregbella - i am not sure why it looks green but that is about the natural color.
Probably has to do with the depth in those areas (harbor and channel) - but why green? good question because in other parts of the channel the water is blue and not green - yeh , good question.
i will see if i can work it out.
2018-5-6
Use props
dwainwayne28
lvl.4
Flight distance : 583323 ft

nice moves. good work
2018-5-6
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
South Africa

thank you dwain, much appreciated.
2018-5-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-5-5 01:18
Yeh - i was trying to get my drift on - forgot to push record button during two flips around the track :-(
had to make do with what was left.
thanks suren

2018-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules