Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air - Beware of carbon fibre propellers
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wuatfaug
New

Australia

I haven't read any other threads talking about this so I figured it would be nice others know about it.To my experience, carbon fibre propellers significantly impair image transmission on the Mavic Air, I was not able to fly it more than 3 metres above me without completely loosing image transmission.
It took me almost a week to realise it was these propellers that caused the issue, to the point i was worried that i got a faulty DJI product. As soon as i put the DJI propellers back on, everything went back to normal.

This completely screwed me over when i tried to shoot some footage for work the first time i put them on.
I didn't get these propellers for any prupose other than "why not". So for anyone who is in the same mindset as i was, please be aware of what you are getting.
2018-5-5
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Thanks, carbon fiber props have a bad reputation for the MP and Phantom Series, now the MA has joined the group!
2018-5-5
Use props
Far_North
First Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

Props and batteries are so important that it's my opinion that only original DJI replacements should be used.  
2018-5-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Far_North Posted at 2018-5-5 04:14
Props and batteries are so important that it's my opinion that only original DJI replacements should be used.

I fully agree and see no point at all in using third party components from unknown origin.
2018-5-5
Use props
Breezer74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20072 ft

United Kingdom

I always felt it was best to only use genuine dji parts, but at the same time wondered what I may be missing.  Now I can stop wondering, so thanks for reporting.
2018-5-5
Use props
sky6105
First Officer
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

There was a thread on this in another forum that the CF props do cause issues.
They are saying that the screws are causing the issue.
You are right don't waste your money on third party items.
2018-5-5
Use props
Jake Barker
New
Flight distance : 100551 ft

I had the same issue.  Approximately 5m and the image was lost.   The quality of the props were poor too with lamination flaws.   Removed after the first flight.  
2018-5-7
Use props
3-D
Captain
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

this is good info.  I have been wondering if 3rd party props made a difference.  Apparently they do.  Has anyone had a problem with putting a wrap, or a skin on their Air?
2018-5-7
Use props
Firefly_Whali
lvl.1
Flight distance : 129931 ft

I had exactly the same issue, did all the FW updates/downgrades, installed previous version of android app, you name it..
2018-7-26
Use props
Ridg
First Officer
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

many people fail to realise that CF blocks radio / wifi signals, by using a CF prop on such a small frame you've essentially put 4 jammers on each corner, I'd imagine that the rotation effect will be generating interference too given CF is a good conductor
2018-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules