Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bad Battery
647 7 2018-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
js349
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3671 ft
United States

[size=14.6667px]I have a battery that has maybe been charged 5 times but it is out of warranty and I'm getting the bad battery cell error now. But none of the cells look that bad. This really stinks for these expensive batteries to have an issue this easily. I have much older lipos with way more charges with no problems.
Screenshot_2018-05-05-14-00-30.png
2018-5-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I agree - the battery looks fine to me.  Still - I'd be cautious with it.  I wouldn't run it cold, and I wouldn't run it extreme on the latter half of a flight.  Good luck.  

EDIT:  THE BATTERY IS NOT FINE - SEE BELOW

<sorry>
2018-5-5
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

You must have stored it during the winter months.
2018-5-5
Use props
Landbo
First Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Hi.

You have more than 0.1 volts difference on your cells. Therefore, the battery is usually considered suitable for replacement. You can try and insert the battery and let the machine hover low over the ground until the auto lands. Wait an hour and charge the battery. If the error is still there, I personally would discard the battery and buy a new one. A battery is a lot cheaper than a repear or replacement of your bird.

Good luck. Regards Leif.
2018-5-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Landbo Posted at 2018-5-5 14:57
Hi.

You have more than 0.1 volts difference on your cells. Therefore, the battery is usually considered suitable for replacement. You can try and insert the battery and let the machine hover low over the ground until the auto lands. Wait an hour and charge the battery. If the error is still there, I personally would discard the battery and buy a new one. A battery is a lot cheaper than a repear or replacement of your bird.

Yes, strongly agree with you.
2018-5-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Landbo Posted at 2018-5-5 14:57
Hi.

You have more than 0.1 volts difference on your cells. Therefore, the battery is usually considered suitable for replacement. You can try and insert the battery and let the machine hover low over the ground until the auto lands. Wait an hour and charge the battery. If the error is still there, I personally would discard the battery and buy a new one. A battery is a lot cheaper than a repear or replacement of your bird.

You're right.  I missed that somehow... 20 mv instead of 200 mv.  Thanks
2018-5-7
Use props
js349
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3671 ft
United States

Thanks for all your comments. My batteries are set to drain down in 10 days and the battery is currently fully charged. I will either wait and let it drain down some or put it in the aircraft and let it sit and drain some before I put it in a low hover.
2018-5-7
Use props
Roadstar1700
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1203484 ft
United States

js349 Posted at 2018-5-7 04:01
Thanks for all your comments. My batteries are set to drain down in 10 days and the battery is currently fully charged. I will either wait and let it drain down some or put it in the aircraft and let it sit and drain some before I put it in a low hover.

One of my batteries came out of winter storage completely dead. I pulled it apart and determined the cells are OK, but the electronics went south. If you decide to pitch the battery I'd buy it from you for $25 plus shipping. I'd like to see if I can get some more life out of my lipos. The price they charge for a new one is crazy.
2018-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules