Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air - GPS encounters data exception
1883 11 2018-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MatzeKS
lvl.1
Germany

Hi Guys, yesterday I got my new Mavic Air.
After upgrading the Remote Control and Mavic to latest Firmware release the DJI GO 4 (also latest release) is showing this error message:

"GPS encounters data exception, please ask technicak assistance for help" - therefore the mavic is unable to start.

Does anyone elso had the same experience and may an solution?

Many thanks for your help and effort.

MatzeKS
2018-5-5
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

I have not yet had such an incident and would recommend you to open a support case with DJI: https://www.dji.com/de/support
2018-5-5
Use props
MatzeKS
lvl.1
Germany

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-5-5 13:58
I have not yet had such an incident and would recommend you to open a support case with DJI: https://www.dji.com/de/support

I already did this this morning, unfortunately the support team is unavailable over weekend and I try to get the Mavic up and flying asap without waiting.  ;)
2018-5-5
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

MatzeKS Posted at 2018-5-5 14:05
I already did this this morning, unfortunately the support team is unavailable over weekend and I try to get the Mavic up and flying asap without waiting.  ;)

I would be as impatient as you, especially since weather is so nice for flying. But better stay on the safe side I would suggest. Have you installed DJI Assistant already on your PC? If not, do it and refresh the firmware, this is the only thing that comes to my mind which might fix the issue.
2018-5-5
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

I would try to refresh the firmware using Assistant 2 , then find a clear unobstructed area where you are sure there is no interference and see how many satellites you can lock on to, if you can lock 12 or better you should not be getting that message, if you get the same error message there is probably a receiver issue in the drone itself.
2018-5-5
Use props
MatzeKS
lvl.1
Germany

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-5-5 14:11
I would be as impatient as you, especially since weather is so nice for flying. But better stay on the safe side I would suggest. Have you installed DJI Assistant already on your PC? If not, do it and refresh the firmware, this is the only thing that comes to my mind which might fix the issue.

all done, latest DJI Assistant installed and connected with my Mavic. Latest Firmware is loaded and activated. At least I reset the Mavic to factory defaults via DJI Assistant and additionally by pressing the function button on the mavic (3 beeps).
Same issue after all of those procedures.  
2018-5-5
Use props
MatzeKS
lvl.1
Germany

QuadKid Posted at 2018-5-5 14:14
I would try to refresh the firmware using Assistant 2 , then find a clear unobstructed area where you are sure there is no interference and see how many satellites you can lock on to, if you can lock 12 or better you should not be getting that message, if you get the same error message there is probably a receiver issue in the drone itself.

Ok, I'll try this after my sleep - now I've go to bed finally (00:17AM)  ;)

I'll keep you updated guys - thanks so far.

Good night
2018-5-5
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

MatzeKS Posted at 2018-5-5 14:15
all done, latest DJI Assistant installed and connected with my Mavic. Latest Firmware is loaded and activated. At least I reset the Mavic to factory defaults via DJI Assistant and additionally by pressing the function button on the mavic (3 beeps).
Same issue after all of those procedures.

Follow the procedure QuadKid has suggested here above, it might solve the issue. And good night from my side as well, we are in the same time zone, even the same country ;-)
2018-5-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

MatzeKS Posted at 2018-5-5 14:18
Ok, I'll try this after my sleep - now I've go to bed finally (00:17AM)  ;)

I'll keep you updated guys - thanks so far.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. As the floor 5# mentioned, please try the procedure and do the troubleshooting. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help. Thanks!
2018-5-6
Use props
MatzeKS
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-6 20:16
Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. As the floor 5# mentioned, please try the procedure and do the troubleshooting. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help. Thanks!

Good morning, there is no issue reaching the right amount of GPS satellites, there is an issue (exception) to address the GPS modul/device inside of my Mavic.
So, therefore the Mavic is unable to reach any  GPS satellite due to non-functional GPS module inside.
Let's see what the DJI support team can do. hopefully they'll contact me asap  ;)

Thanks so far - MatzeKS
2018-5-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

MatzeKS Posted at 2018-5-6 22:01
Good morning, there is no issue reaching the right amount of GPS satellites, there is an issue (exception) to address the GPS modul/device inside of my Mavic.
So, therefore the Mavic is unable to reach any  GPS satellite due to non-functional GPS module inside.
Let's see what the DJI support team can do. hopefully they'll contact me asap  ;)

Hi MatzeKS, sorry for the inconvenience. You are recommended to contact our support to start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.
2018-5-7
Use props
MatzeKS
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-7 23:39
Hi MatzeKS, sorry for the inconvenience. You are recommended to contact our support to start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.

Hi Diana, yesterday I opened an support case with DJI.
My package received the DJI Repair Dept. 2 minutes ago
The bad thing is, that I have to pay the insured shipment by my own, although I am not responsible for the damage at all.
2018-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules