Lightbridge App Channel hack.
6215 6 2014-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

If you want to get your app to use 32 channels then you can edit the config file
Do so at your own risk!
Please hot the support arrow below if you found this helpful.

I have attached the edited file in the ZIP below , for those who dont have / want to use a text editor.

The Android App channel configuration file is located in the mobile phone internal storage at /data/com.dji/config.xml. Modify the configuration file using one of the two methods below:

1. Copy and paste the channel configuration file to a PC. Modify it on your PC as described below, then save and replace the original file.

2. Install a text editor on your mobile phone that can edit the config.xml file directly. Open the config.xml file through this editor, then modify it as described below and save the file.

By default, the app will only use channels 1-10, as below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<channels>
  <channel id="1"/>
 ​<channel id="2"/>
 ​<channel id="3"/>
 ​<channel id="4"/>
 ​<channel id="5"/>
 ​<channel id="6"/>
 ​<channel id="7"/>
 ​<channel id="8"/>
 ​<channel id="9"/>
 ​<channel id="10"/>
</channels>

You can add additional channels by modifying the configuration file, such as:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<channels>
  <channel id="1"/>
 ​<channel id="2"/>
 ​<channel id="3"/>
 ​<channel id="4"/>
 ​<channel id="5"/>
 ​<channel id="6"/>
 ​<channel id="7"/>
 ​<channel id="8"/>
 ​<channel id="9"/>
 ​<channel id="10"/>
​<channel id="11"/>
 ​<channel id="12"/>
 ​<channel id="13"/>
 ​<channel id="14"/>
 ​<channel id="15"/>
 ​<channel id="16"/>
 ​<channel id="17"/>
 ​<channel id="18"/>
 ​<channel id="19"/>
 ​<channel id="20"/>
​<channel id="21"/>
 ​<channel id="22"/>
 ​<channel id="23"/>
 ​<channel id="24"/>
 ​<channel id="25"/>
 ​<channel id="26"/>
 ​<channel id="27"/>
 ​<channel id="28"/>
 ​<channel id="29"/>
 ​<channel id="30"/>
​<channel id="31"/>
 ​<channel id="32"/>
 ​
</channels>   

config.zip

289 Bytes, Down times: 139

Config.zip file

2014-10-31
Use props
drone-man
lvl.2
Flight distance : 193212 ft
France

Hi, thanks for this post.
Another question : is there a way to have the  data of the past flights in the App ?
2014-12-14
Use props
eric
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2122759 ft
United States

I did this mod and got a nice clean channel 31, but is there any way to get the signal graph to display beyond channel 10?
2014-12-29
Use props
emanuelevacca
lvl.1

Italy

Anyone knows how could i receive lightbridge telemetry data on my own android app?
2015-4-18
Use props
buzzcbr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316545 ft
United Kingdom

whats the advantage of having extra channels??
2015-8-14
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Better reception
2015-8-20
Use props
emanuelevacca
lvl.1

Italy

Dear all,
I found a BUG in the lightbridge and I think DJI should find a solution for us, because it played with us for too long.
I have a lot of Lightbridge and they dead one after each other as soon as their battery get discharged after long period where i didn't used them (If you stored it without charging it, you can have the problem also after one month).
As soon as the ground unit battery get fully discharged, the firmware of the device stops to work correctly. You can recharge the battery but, connecting it to the assistant, you will see just one of the 3 firmware component versions, and connecting the device to the smartphone, you will not be able to get connected and receive images.
The problem is described in detail on internet, in a lot of forums. You can read in example the following thread: http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/lightbridge-firmware.76946/
and http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... irmware-hack.77073/
and http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2091053
etc.etc.

I wrote that DJI is playing with us, because i returned 2 times my devices to DJI in order to solve this problem, but each time, if  the batteries get discharged, they get broken again.
We need a solution or a workaround because we work with these devices and it is not possible that I need to send to DJI the device each time that i need to work. Moreover I'm quite sure that after the guarantee period, DJI will not longer repair the unit for free. And moreover each time I have to pay the shipment to China and wait for the repair. This is not acceptable.
At least we should pretend a detailed problem description.
I discovered a lot of things about this device, by reading the second link i posted.

Regards
Emanuele
2016-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules