Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark Battery pops out during flight.
100850 100850 2018-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0bcd455c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15912 ft
Poland

Hello everyone
Just bought DJI Spark. It is an amazing machine but unfortunatly during straight flight (no obsticales) battery suddenly pops out. Spark hits a tree and broke one of the motors. I thought I'm gonna have a heart attack. I always checking a battery if it clicks and this was very supprising. Now I See that I'm not the only one dealing with this problem.  Hope DJI will solve this problem because as I said before, Spark is incredible machine and this failure is pretty annoying.
2018-5-6
Use props
DMX_MLT
Captain
Malta

I am right now doing a PreFlight Checklist, and this will surely be one of the points to check before taking off.

I suggest after you hear the click, check the battery is 100% Secure but applying a very small amount of pressure in moving it, to see if it is Secure in Place.

I feel you brother, and can understand that 'Heart Attack' as that would be my Same Reaction ! Hope all is well now and your Drone is OK ! Make sure that the Battery is ok before reusing it after the Crash.

Did you break a Motor ? or Rotor ? because of the Crash ?

2018-5-6
Use props
fans0bcd455c
lvl.1
Poland

It happened yesterday. I emailed DJI Support and now I'm waiting for response.
received_1249068811863203.jpeg
2018-5-6
Use props
DMX_MLT
Captain
Malta

fans0bcd455c Posted at 2018-5-6 04:21

Thank you for the quick response, it seems like the Motor Arm has cracked.

I am Sorry for that. You are right by filings a Report.

Hope you get everything sorted out.
2018-5-6
Use props
DMX_MLT
Captain
Malta

Don't use Velcro & Silicone ULTRA Grips on the Spark

1) I figured out the the Velcro Part and Buckle may be an Obstruction to the Propellors as there is only few millimetres gap. Too Risky !

2)  Even if you set the Buckle on the Underside of the Spark Drone, the only place the secure the Velcro / Silicone Grip is Around the Middle of the Spark Aircraft, but there are the VENT HOLES, which should NEVER be  Obstructed.

Conclusion - So the Velcro Grips won't work for the Spark Drone. Pity.

I tried to Draw a Sketch about the Problems . See the Picture.
DJI - Velcro Straps.jpg
Silicone Grips Problem.jpg
2018-5-6
Use props
DMX_MLT
Captain
Malta

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-5-6 04:26
Editted - These Wont Work with Spark Batteries

1) I figured out the the Velcro Part and Buckle may be an Obstructions to the Propellors

If some one has some ideas how you can Secure the Battery, let us know please.

Thank you !
2018-5-6
Use props
fans0bcd455c
lvl.1

As i know there is some kind of strap to hold the battery.
032328mdlxo8kv77oo7xo7.jpg
2018-5-6
Use props
DMX_MLT
Captain
Malta

fans0bcd455c Posted at 2018-5-6 05:17

WOW ! I like it my friend ! Thats exactly what I need !

REALLY BIG THANK YOU !!!!

Do you have its name / where to buy it, Please ?

Thank you so much !

2018-5-6
Use props
DMX_MLT
Captain
Malta

Thank you ! I will search a bit for Price and Buy 3pcs to keep in my Toolbox !

REALLY BIG THANK YOU !
2018-5-6
Use props
DMX_MLT
Captain
Malta

I just bought 3pcs of them - Costed only $8.50 for all 3pcs.

I love to keep some as spares, just in case.

I found the under - 1x Battery Bundle Fastener Anti-slip Straps Lock For DJI Spark RC Drone

Here is the Picture
2018-5-6
Use props
djiuser_BIkL412Pm7Og
lvl.1

No problem. If only I solve my Spark case positevlyI deffinetly buy some of theese.
2018-5-6
Use props
DMX_MLT
Captain
Malta

So you never bought some of these 'Fans' for yourself ?

It could may have saved the Accident of the Popping Out of the Battery.

You are really kind helping me !
2018-5-6
Use props
djiuser_BIkL412Pm7Og
lvl.1

Never thought that this could happened. I found out about those straps after the crash.
2018-5-6
Use props
DMX_MLT
Captain
Malta

djiuser_BIkL412Pm7Og Posted at 2018-5-6 05:45
Never thought that this could happened. I found out about those straps after the crash.

Did you buy some of them ?

I just ordered 3pcs. They dont cost a lot, $3 each and with 3pcs I got a small discount. Shipping is FREE too.

Really Big Thank You again ! You are kind for Sharing this to me !
2018-5-6
Use props
chamdew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47169 ft

I guess i had same battery ejection problem. I had contacted to dji support. They said "we had the problem before,but we fixed the problem" they never believe in me. Anyway, this is very serious problem. VERY DANGEROUS !!! THEY MUST DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT
2018-5-6
Use props
djiuser_BIkL412Pm7Og
lvl.1

Well, my battery poped so I guess they didn't solve this problem right.
2018-5-6
Use props
Antipaxi
First Officer

Romania

This is ridiculous, having to buy a third party thingy to fix a supposedly major problem with a Spark.
2018-5-6
Use props
chamdew
lvl.3

djiuser_BIkL412Pm7Og Posted at 2018-5-6 06:10
Well, my battery poped so I guess they didn't solve this problem right.

i read another thread about this problem yesterday, so i don't think they handled this problem.
2018-5-6
Use props
Joller79 DK
First Officer
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

fans0bcd455c Posted at 2018-5-6 04:21

If they dont give you a new one for free, and you dont want to wait to get the new one, just plastic weld it your self, it is a 2 minutte job, and strong as new,, see my topic, where i fixed 2 rotorarms...
The battery clip is old news i am afraid, i read a thread somewhere that they made the locking pins larger as of this year i believe... I just bought a new spark 2 weeks ago, but the battery is manufactured last year, and the old type.. So i also use those cheap clipons.
2018-5-6
Use props
djiuser_BIkL412Pm7Og
lvl.1
Poland

Thanks for advise but I don't have an expirience with plastic welding. I will wait for DJI decision with hope
2018-5-6
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
Captain
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

But the aircraft balance, stability, will not be affected?
2018-5-6
Use props
spookster
Captain
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-5-6 05:37
I just bought 3pcs of them - Costed only $8.50 for all 3pcs.

I got this kind of battery holder too.
It is kind of annoying to attach and even more annoying to detach.
The holder will scratch your back arms.
Therefore I do the "gentle pull after click method" most of the times,
I only use the battery holder when I plan to fly in sport mode.
2018-5-6
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

Antipaxi Posted at 2018-5-6 06:11
This is ridiculous, having to buy a third party thingy to fix a supposedly major problem with a Spark.

The thing is that those Triangular Teeth are so small, and the Battery has a fair amount of pressure on them.

Just in case I bought those Battery Fastners. They only cost some few dollars.
2018-5-6
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

djiuser_BIkL412Pm7Og Posted at 2018-5-6 11:01
Thanks for advise but I don't have an expirience with plastic welding. I will wait for DJI decision with hope

Just in case you need to buy the Frame -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spark-M ... :g:SAUAAOSwnw9aM35A

Around $25 and you will be safer than fixing the broken one, a NEW Replacement is better.

2018-5-6
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-5-6 13:02
But the aircraft balance, stability, will not be affected?

Aurelian I dont think so, as it is very light. The Battery Guards quality is seems Very Good !

Also I have bought finger guards by PGYTech, that are really Nice Quality. I have many Accessories by PGYTech.

That brand is sometimes recommended by DJI Itself, even on their Official Sight, as I think they are a Supplier for DJI, so its like Approved and Tested by DJI themselves. And the Parts are very cheap to buy.

https://store.dji.com/product/pgytech-spark-hand-guards

Have a look.
2018-5-6
Use props
fansa0e2901c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19587 ft
Australia

I recently bought a 3rd battery and there is a significant difference in the size of the retaining lugs compared to the original 2 batteries.
Whilst all three batteries seem secure with a tight fit and don’t seem to undo when pushed against the retaining lugs it still worries me that the two original batteries have much smaller lugs...
So as an extra safety measure I have used a strong elastic band to secure the battery.
dji should be more open about what is going on - if the original batteries were not within design tolerance and a new design has since been implemented then there should be a recall on the early batteries before someone gets killed and more Sparks are lost

2018-5-6
Use props
chamdew
lvl.3

fansa0e2901c Posted at 2018-5-6 14:56
I recently bought a 3rd battery and there is a significant difference in the size of the retaining lugs compared to the original 2 batteries.
Whilst all three batteries seem secure with a tight fit and don’t seem to undo when pushed against the retaining lugs it still worries me that the two original batteries have much smaller lugs...
So as an extra safety measure I have used a strong elastic band to secure the battery.

did you buy the battery from amazon?
2018-5-6
Use props
chamdew
lvl.3

100% i agree with you. this is very serious problem. falling drone from 400ft above could be lethal weapon.
2018-5-6
Use props
Joller79 DK
First Officer
Denmark

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-6 14:39
Just in case you need to buy the Frame -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spark-Middle-Frame-Body-Shell-Cover-Case-Repair-Spare-Parts-for-DJI-Spark-Drone/222756783244?hash=item33dd56c48c:g:SAUAAOSwnw9aM35A

I would just think that not all people have the patience, and skills, to de and resolder the ecs and motors, very small wires, and all those tiny connectors.. Most likely most people will end up having 350grams of dismantled drone in pieces.. But yes, a new frame looks better, and you have piece in mind,, but then, all the connectors... It is really up to peoples choice.... If anyone will send me their busted frames, i gladly solder them... Or better yet, i will buy busted drones, and fix and keep.... Got 3 dji spark now on that acount
2018-5-6
Use props
GeeBee
lvl.1
Australia

chamdew Posted at 2018-5-6 20:11
did you buy the battery from amazon?

No, I bought it from a local shop (JB HiFi) in Melbourne
My Spark purchase was only 3 weeks back (bought from Apple Store in Melbourne) and the old batteries were part of the fly-more package so DJi have not recalled the old batteryI am now considering returning them to DJi or Apple as ‘not fit for purpose’

2018-5-6
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

Joller79 DK Posted at 2018-5-6 20:33
I would just think that not all people have the patience, and skills, to de and resolder the ecs and motors, very small wires, and all those tiny connectors.. Most likely most people will end up having 350grams of dismantled drone in pieces.. But yes, a new frame looks better, and you have piece in mind,, but then, all the connectors... It is really up to peoples choice.... If anyone will send me their busted frames, i gladly solder them... Or better yet, i will buy busted drones, and fix and keep.... Got 3 dji spark now on that acount

Jolly do you sell them too ?
2018-5-7
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

The thing is that most sellers on EBay etc. wont tell you the Lugs are the Updated Version.

I bought one recently from the DJI Agent here and the Lugs where small too. Thats what he had in Stock. So take it or Leave it... :/

They should at least name them -

Spark Battery v.1.0 (Small Lugs)
Spark Battery v.2.0 (Larger Lugs)

Is that so difficult ? It only takes some Common Sense.

The Battery v.1.0 is not bad, but you have to pay extra attention to how it locks, especially if you have a small crash and the Battery gets a beating. So a common routine to check the Lugs is Important before every Battery Change. A little pressure with the 'Pull Method' after it *CLICKS and LOCKS* is highly recommended too, to check that the Battery is Secure.
2018-5-7
Use props
GeeBee
lvl.1
Australia

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-7 01:34
The thing is that most sellers on EBay etc. wont tell you the Lugs are the Updated Version.

I bought one recently from the DJI Agent here and the Lugs where small too. Thats what he had in Stock. So take it or Leave it... :/

Seems to me that DJi don’t give two hoots about the issue, to them the problem is fixed, they are not interested in recalling old faulty stock and maybe don’t even know how much of it is out there still to be sold.
A recall would hurt a lot but then long-term they will get a bad reputation for not doing so as the word travels fast these daysI wish I had done more research and found out about this problem before I purchased my fly-more kit, I would insist on the new type batteries...
2018-5-7
Use props
Tarkus71
lvl.1
Poland

In my case very fast response from DJI Support. Today my Spark will be send to Netherlads for further analysis. Now it's only waiting
2018-5-7
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

GeeBee Posted at 2018-5-7 01:59
Seems to me that DJi don’t give two hoots about the issue, to them the problem is fixed, they are not interested in recalling old faulty stock and maybe don’t even know how much of it is out there still to be sold.
A recall would hurt a lot but then long-term they will get a bad reputation for not doing so as the word travels fast these daysI wish I had done more research and found out about this problem before I purchased my fly-more kit, I would insist on the new type batteries...

Totally agree with you Buddy.
2018-5-7
Use props
Joller79 DK
First Officer
Denmark

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-7 01:31
Jolly do you sell them too ?

Well, i might... Just received a camera/gimbal cable today, and changed in one of the fixed, and now it is 100% funtional..for  less then 100. Bucks
2018-5-7
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain
Malta

Joller79 DK Posted at 2018-5-7 11:54
Well, i might... Just received a camera/gimbal cable today, and changed in one of the fixed, and now it is 100% funtional..for  less then 100. Bucks

Welldone Jolly, you are a Great Guy !

Will keep in touch with you, you should start offering repairs Buddy !
2018-5-7
Use props
Joller79 DK
First Officer
Denmark

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-7 13:24
Welldone Jolly, you are a Great Guy !

Will keep in touch with you, you should start offering repairs Buddy !

Read between the lines in. 29#
2018-5-8
Use props
Jerpie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 191211 ft
Netherlands

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-5-6 05:37
I just bought 3pcs of them - Costed only $8.50 for all 3pcs.

I have these.
Suddenly the propguards can not be attached anymore while you use this. Also the plastic gets ‘tired’ real quickly.
2018-5-8
Use props
marlowe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 300932 ft
United States

Jerpie Posted at 2018-5-8 13:40
I have these.
Suddenly the propguards can not be attached anymore while you use this. Also the plastic gets ‘tired’ real quickly.

Yes - that one cracks eventually. I sent it back for a refund.

This one works and is easy to put on and take off. It does not scratch the Spark arms. Unfortunately it is way overpriced.
https://www.shapeways.com/produc ... -lock-for-dji-spark
2018-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules