DJI GO4 app power consumption
1144 13 2018-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Antipaxi
Second Officer

Romania

I noticed not such a slight decrease in my phone battery's life after installing the said app. My phone (Sony Xperia XZ premium, fairly new) used to stay charged for at least a day and a half with normal use. Now the battery's empty in 10 hours, considering the days I'm not using DJI GO4 at all, that means the days I'm not flying. So I was bored today and discovered this.

DJI

DJI

DJI GO is the most consuming thing on my phone, even if I'm not using it, it just does something in the backround, God knows what.

Screenshot_20180506-174428.png

So I closed its background activity. I wonder how my battery will do in the next days.
Can someone that hasn't used the app since charging his/her phone do the same screenshot so I can either confirm or not that DJI GO4 eats a lot of power while not being used?
Thanks!
2018-5-6
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

try killing the "App can run in the background when not in use" permission for a test.

Mine is not using battery, before I start the app.
Not 100% sure, how that looks after I just closed it, but pretty sure that there is no power consumtion, after killing the task after flying.

Have you updated it or installed it clean?
Or better : Did you try a clean installation already?

2018-5-6
Use props
Antipaxi
Second Officer

Romania

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-5-6 07:31
try killing the "App can run in the background when not in use" permission for a test.

Mine is not using battery, before I start the app.

As I said in my previous post, I killed its background activity.
The app was re-installed a few days ago, I bought a new Spark and it wouldn't connect to it so I started fresh. Last night it upgraded itself to the latest version.
2018-5-6
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Antipaxi Posted at 2018-5-6 07:34
As I said in my previous post, I killed its background activity.
The app was re-installed a few days ago, I bought a new Spark and it wouldn't connect to it so I started fresh. Last night it upgraded itself to the latest version.

Which last version, please?
There are aproximately 2 "last" versions, right now:
Not everyone gets the last, yet

Edit: my battery experience is with 4.2.12, right now
2018-5-6
Use props
Antipaxi
Second Officer

Romania

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-5-6 07:37
Which last version, please?
There are aproximately 2 "last" versions, right now:

2018-5-6
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Try this one and stop play store from updating it automaticly
Minimum for some time
The .12 seems to work

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... o-4-4-2-12-release/
2018-5-6
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

With “background activity” turned off you should be fain. This is a screenshot from my app consumption:

2018-5-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

I would help you forward this situation to our engineers. Thanks for your attention.
2018-5-7
Use props
Antipaxi
Second Officer

Romania

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-7 02:09
I would help you forward this situation to our engineers. Thanks for your attention.

Thank you. My phone discharges at its old normal pace now, after stopping the background activity of the app.
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Antipaxi Posted at 2018-5-7 06:38
Thank you. My phone discharges at its old normal pace now, after stopping the background activity of the app.

I see. Thanks for your update.
2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

When it comes to power consumption, our engineers may try to improve the situation in the future for better experience.
2018-5-11
Use props
djiuser_LwEPKnH5VoJw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13524 ft
Romania

That would be nice, thank you for the interest.
2018-5-11
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

keep in mind the app connects to both Wifi and the craft, plus everything it's tasking itself to do.  Now closing your app when not in use should save battery consumption.
2018-5-11
Use props
Antipaxi
Second Officer

Romania

Sparky_17 Posted at 2018-5-11 06:11
keep in mind the app connects to both Wifi and the craft, plus everything it's tasking itself to do.  Now closing your app when not in use should save battery consumption.

The app drained the phone's battery even when not in use. It just did something in the background.
2018-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules