1407 25 2018-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Highview
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14423 ft
Germany

Hi all,

since I didn't get a clear video signal on my screen any more, I've updated my P4 to the newest firmware today and wanted to do so for the RC. But although it asks for an update, there's none available. Any ideas how I will be able to fly again?

This is how it looks like:

Screenshot_2018-05-06-17-03-58[1].png

Screenshot_2018-05-06-17-04-04[1].png

There is no difference whether the P4 is connected or not. And my mobile phone has connection to the internet. What can I do?

2018-5-6
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you try connecting it to your PC and using Assistant 2?
2018-5-6
Use props
Highview
lvl.2
Germany

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-5-6 09:04
Did you try connecting it to your PC and using Assistant 2?

You mean connecting the RC to to the PC via the Assistant? Could be an idea.
2018-5-6
Use props
Highview
lvl.2
Germany

Highview Posted at 2018-5-6 09:14
You mean connecting the RC to to the PC via the Assistant? Could be an idea.

Unfortunately there is no reaction when connecting to DJI Assistant 2.
Any other ideas?
Or is maybe someone from DJI here?
2018-5-6
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

Highview Posted at 2018-5-6 09:19
Unfortunately there is no reaction when connecting to DJI Assistant 2.
Any other ideas?
Or is maybe someone from DJI here?

You can update the drone through the assistant but not the RC.
For updating the RC you need to use the app. Connecting it to the computer won't do anything.

I would give resetting the RC a try:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=81294&pid=788599&fromuid=583619
2018-5-6
Use props
Jcrane84
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4600 ft

I am getting the exact same thing.  Won't update the rc
2018-5-6
Use props
Highview
lvl.2
Germany

Eric13 Posted at 2018-5-6 10:53
For updating the RC you need to use the app. Connecting it to the computer won't do anything.

But resetting would mean that I'd have to renew all of my settings, right? Would be great if there's another solution.
2018-5-7
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Highview Posted at 2018-5-7 00:41
But resetting would mean that I'd have to renew all of my settings, right? Would be great if there's another solution.

Better get used to it, when done a few times you can do your personal settings in a minute but the first times always something is missed. My personally most missed change is setting the picture counter from reset to continues.
2018-5-7
Use props
Highview
lvl.2
Germany

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-7 01:52
Better get used to it, when done a few times you can do your personal settings in a minute but the first times always something is missed. My personally most missed change is setting the picture counter from reset to continues.

I'm quite sure I'll forget some more of the settings, since this would be the first time of resetting the RC for me, and it's quite a long time ago that I adjusted everything. Maybe I'll write it down.

But I still hope, that there's another solution.
2018-5-7
Use props
fans8d082bd4
New
Flight distance : 3 ft

Canada

Eric13 Posted at 2018-5-6 10:53

I had the same problem, I did the resetting, but still nothing shows up under Overall Status
2018-5-7
Use props
HyRoProductions.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3251 ft
United States

Has anyone get their Phantom4 to work? I'm still getting the video/image pix-elate if I degrade RC firmware & aircraft is the latest firmware.
2018-5-9
Use props
proimages
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft

Same here: I have two phantom 4 rendered useless with this forced update. Locked my craft and made me update and now the craft seems solid but the RC firmware is not compatible. I need to downgrade and or update RC both options are not available..I tried to downgrade to .106 with same result.. I tried online help and 5 devices all the same result.
Tried online and they said my remotes are for a P3P (Two different craft bought from DJI months apart ) The RC's Are blinking crazy and will fly craft but video and everything is useless..
I'm grounded and out of business my P4P wants to update now too..F'n crazy stressful nightmare!

RC is reporting 1.8.0
and also  1.1.5
randomly
2018-5-9
Use props
Jcrane84
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4600 ft

I have tried everything and still nothing.  Downgraded the rc and ac and still can't update either now.  Now my ac and rc won't link tried to link them several times but the rc still blinks red and yellow.  I'm at a loss.  Nothing but an expensive paper weight
2018-5-9
Use props
Highview
lvl.2
Germany

Meanwhile I tried to downgrade the RC, but it says it would be for Phantom 3 advanced instead of Phantom 4. It's more than confusing! But it seemed to work, it now says it's for Phantom 4.
But then linking to drone wasn't possible anymore. Therefore I've downgraded the drone to 02.00.0106, but I still can't connet it to the RC. What else can I do now?

I'm really disappointed. Everything worked great, I did many flights without any problems, had no crashes. But some months ago the video transmission problem appeared (other pilots already described here), and it seems, that the updates I downloaded made it even worse. I had already three situations, when I wanted to take videos but wasn't able to, and now I really need to have it working this weekend! So DJI, please help immediately!
2018-5-10
Use props
Highview
lvl.2
Germany

Highview Posted at 2018-5-10 08:37
Meanwhile I tried to downgrade the RC, but it says it would be for Phantom 3 advanced instead of Phantom 4. It's more than confusing! But it seemed to work, it now says it's for Phantom 4.
But then linking to drone wasn't possible anymore. Therefore I've downgraded the drone to 02.00.0106, but I still can't connet it to the RC. What else can I do now?

Since I don't get any reaction from DJI here (even not to my PMs), I've now contacted the support department, maybe they will be able to solve the problem. I'll keep you updated!
2018-5-10
Use props
Highview
lvl.2
Germany

Meanwhile I received the answer from DJI service: I 'll have to send it in, it will be back in about two weeks. Better than going on with useless tries for updating, but unfortunately a no fly time for me.
2018-5-11
Use props
HyRoProductions.com
lvl.2
United States

I'm seeing the same issue. Downgrade RC version doesn't help.

What is the Aircraft firmware version and RC firmware version that is working for people?

Thanks.
2018-5-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Highview Posted at 2018-5-11 04:09
Meanwhile I received the answer from DJI service: I 'll have to send it in, it will be back in about two weeks. Better than going on with useless tries for updating, but unfortunately a no fly time for me.

Sorry for the late reply. Have you sent the drone and RC back? If yes, you can provide me with your case number, I will help to keep an eye on it.
2018-5-13
Use props
Highview
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-13 21:28
Sorry for the late reply. Have you sent the drone and RC back? If yes, you can provide me with your case number, I will help to keep an eye on it.

Thank for your answer. Meanwhile it's on it's way to get repaired. I just don't understand how an update can cause a device to work no longer. I had to send it in on my own cost and there's no possibility to fly for minimum two weeks now. I hope that won't happen again in future.
I don't have the case no. available here, so I can't provide it at the moment.
2018-5-13
Use props
Highview
lvl.2
Germany

HyRoProductions.com Posted at 2018-5-13 20:52
I'm seeing the same issue. Downgrade RC version doesn't help.

What is the Aircraft firmware version and RC firmware version that is working for people?

I'm afraid you'll have to send your drone to DJI for repair, like mine.
2018-5-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Highview Posted at 2018-5-13 23:02
Thank for your answer. Meanwhile it's on it's way to get repaired. I just don't understand how an update can cause a device to work no longer. I had to send it in on my own cost and there's no possibility to fly for minimum two weeks now. I hope that won't happen again in future.
I don't have the case no. available here, so I can't provide it at the moment.

As for the case number, if you contact our support and send the RC to the repair center directly, you should have a case number. If you ship the RC via the dealer, the case number will be provided to the dealer.
If there is a case number, you can track the repair progress at https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace
As for the reason, since the RC has been shipped, the local team will help to investigate, hope you can get the machine back soon.
2018-5-14
Use props
Highview
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-14 20:19
As for the case number, if you contact our support and send the RC to the repair center directly, you should have a case number. If you ship the RC via the dealer, the case number will be provided to the dealer.
If there is a case number, you can track the repair progress at https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace
As for the reason, since the RC has been shipped, the local team will help to investigate, hope you can get the machine back soon.

Thank you for your advice. Meanwhile I received the following message:
"After testing and diagnosing your product,DJI will provide you with a free repair service. The repair is expected to be finished in 2 to 3 working days, then the product will be sent back to you."
Additionally there was mentioned, that the RC could be updated without any problems; but then I don't understand, why it wasn't possible via the app?
Anyway: Great service and traceable process.
2018-5-18
Use props
HyRoProductions
lvl.2
United States

I was unable to upgrade to RC 1.8.0. What should I do?

My DJI Go4 is the latest version. Aircraft is also latest.

2018-5-18
Use props
FolsomKyle
lvl.1
United States

I just went through this. The android app refuses to update firmware beyond 1.6.0. DJI please fix this and update assistant to be able to update the rc as well. I would suggest to you guys with this problem to beg or borrow an apple device that will run Go 4 and use it to update you rc firmware (you may want to just go buy one). I just bought an ipad mini 4 and can confirm that it is able to do the update. After the update my android device worked again but I'm going to stick with the apple. Flew for about 45 minutes since and no app crashes and performed nice and smooth.
2018-5-21
Use props
FolsomKyle
lvl.1
United States

Oh and resetting the rc doesn't do anything for getting the android app to load the firmware. don't bother.
2018-5-21
Use props
Highview
lvl.2
Germany

FolsomKyle Posted at 2018-5-21 16:23
Oh and resetting the rc doesn't do anything for getting the android app to load the firmware. don't bother.

I also tried to reset the RC to factory settings, but that didn't change anything as well. The idea using an apple device for updating sounds good, if there's one available. For all others I'm afraid they will have to send their P4 in for repair, until the android app may be working properly:

https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2018-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules