Weird things that just seem to happen
795 13 2018-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23002 ft
United States

I often see people post about taking their drone out and having it do something odd it never did before. I always think they must have done "something".  Often these issues are after a firmware update, but not always.

Now, I am still running V1.2.40+ because it has been working perfectly since day one and my philosophy is - if it isn't broke, don't fix it.  I use Litchi 99.99% of the time, almost always doing waypoint missions.

So today I go out to run a slightly modified version of a previous mission. No major changes, just moved a few waypoints.  So I go out and do the same startup ritual I always do. The only anomaly was I only had 8 GPS sats when I usually have 10 when it indicated it was good to go.  I went to do an auto takeoff and promptly got as "unable to takeoff" message. Then Litch said something about an error and then said something about "negative 1000" or something like that.  I scratched my head for a minute because I did not quite hear what she said. I then force closed the app and started it back up. Still only had 8 sats, but it took off fine.

Next I went to load the waypoint mission and got a "timeout error" almost immediately. I have had an upload fail once before, but I don't think it gave me that specific error. I tried uploading the mission again and it loaded fine. The mission flew just fine. Never lost connection or anything. after it came back and landed, I powered everything down and then back up and it took off fine and loaded the same mission just fine.

In any case, my story was just to point out that sometimes weird things happen for no apparent reason.  
2018-5-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You might try reloading the app. Synch your previous flights if they are needed first.

Delete the app, clear your internet cache and cookies, reboot the device and then finally reload the Go app.
Same goes for Litchi... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-5-6
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-5-6 08:43
You might try reloading the app. Synch your previous flights if they are needed first.
Delete the app, clear your internet cache and cookies, reboot the device and then finally reload the Go app.

Thanks, but I am using Litchi on an iPad that is solely dedicated to the drone.  I use the app for creating the missions.  So basically it has nothing to do with the Internet cache, cookies, or anything else Internet related.  The only time it has even been connected to the Internet in months was to initially cache the maps.   
2018-5-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Texas-Mark Posted at 2018-5-6 08:52
Thanks, but I am using Litchi on an iPad that is solely dedicated to the drone.  I use the app for creating the missions.  So basically it has nothing to do with the Internet cache, cookies, or anything else Internet related.  The only time it has even been connected to the Internet in months was to initially cache the maps.

Clearing the cash has more to do with freeing processor and device memory than much else.

This cleaning, seems to help most devices run smoother, with less stress or hiccups.

Mine was only a suggestion to try, but it's on you to figure out what works for your flight kit.

Ok, good luck straightening out your situation, of intermittent error messages.

RedHotPoker
2018-5-6
Use props
Amateur Droner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6411 ft

United States

Texas-Mark Posted at 2018-5-6 08:52

I know what you mean, most of my weird things  turned out to be my error...but not all of them!
I've had a few hiccups that just happened, no known reason or cause.
And I couldn't find any posts that seem to answer them either.
2018-5-6
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
United States

That was sort of the point of my post. That sometimes strange things happen for no apparent reason. Of course there has to be some root cause, but the mystery may never be solved, especially if it only happens once.  I sent Litchi an e-mail asking what error -1000 means.  A google search did not find that error code.
2018-5-6
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you have auto update turned on. If another app updated it could cause an issue with Litchi by using the same background resource as Litchi.
2018-5-6
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
United States

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-5-6 21:27
Do you have auto update turned on. If another app updated it could cause an issue with Litchi by using the same background resource as Litchi.

No, auto update is off and as I noted the iPad is never even connected to the Internet.

I was not really looking for a solution. Just making a general comment that sometimes things work perfectly 100 times and then it does something goofy out of the blue when nothing has changed from the last time.   I have had it fail to  upload a waypoint mission before on the first try, but never fail to take off when everything is ready to go.

I've flown it 4 more times since without issue, so who knows. Waiting for Litchi to respond about that particular error code.  
2018-5-7
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I went to do an auto takeoff and promptly got as "unable to takeoff" message.

That's what happens when you have six sats.  Litchi wants you to have an extra satellite when you do an auto-launch.  It won't auto-launch with six even though you have GPS.  It wants you to have seven minimum.  So your sats must have dropped down to six between the time you looked at it and the time you auto-launched.  That's what it sounds like to me.  Hope this helps.

2018-5-7
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
United States

I suppose anything is possible, but I was looking at the screen and it had 8 sats the whole time prior to launch.  I always look at everything again just before doing an auto takeoff. I could see it "maybe" dropping to 7 momentarily, but even that would be a stretch.  Where I fly is totally unobstructed. So dropping to 6 would be hard to believe.  

That said, I do usually have 10 when I first launch.  
2018-5-7
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Texas-Mark Posted at 2018-5-7 04:31
No, auto update is off and as I noted the iPad is never even connected to the Internet.

I was not really looking for a solution. Just making a general comment that sometimes things work perfectly 100 times and then it does something goofy out of the blue when nothing has changed from the last time.   I have had it fail to  upload a waypoint mission before on the first try, but never fail to take off when everything is ready to go.

I understand, I was just trying to offer some other options that might be causing it just to see if we all can narrow down the root cause. I know that sometimes things just happen and there is no explanation.

Glad its working though.
2018-5-7
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
United States

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-5-7 10:51
I understand, I was just trying to offer some other options that might be causing it just to see if we all can narrow down the root cause. I know that sometimes things just happen and there is no explanation.

Glad its working though.

Hopefully Litchi will respond and tell me what error -1000 actually means. That would probably help.
2018-5-7
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Texas-Mark Posted at 2018-5-7 11:41
Hopefully Litchi will respond and tell me what error -1000 actually means. That would probably help.

I hope they do, that would be very helpful.
2018-5-7
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
United States

I received a reply from Litchi, but it was not very helpful.

"Unfortunately some errors we don’t know the meaning of, as they are internal to DJI. If it didn’t show upon a restart, I would not worry about it."
2018-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules