camera doesn't focus after update :-(
660 9 2018-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kurtk
lvl.1

My Mavic pro worked fine untill after I updated to Go 4 4.2.12. I use an i pad mini 4 ios 11.3.1. The focus is set on macro and you cant control it anymore. MF nor AF. The slider in MF doesnt adjust the focus at all. Is this a bug or is my camera broken somehow? I've read other preople have had this happened but I havent found any real answers.
I've tried reinstalling the app. Updated the firmware to the latest version today. Reset camera settings, compass calibration, imu callibration, changing PAL-NTSC.
Can someone help? Should I sent it back for repairs? Still have warranty on it.

2018-5-6
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

4.2.14 is the current version. Try updating?
2018-5-6
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

I would completely delate the Go app and then reinstall it.
I had a similar problem and that fixed it for me. My problem was that I had no Intelligent Flight Mode icon displayed on the controller.

Wait for more advise from the Forum before you send it back. Someone might have a better solution.
2018-5-6
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

There is another DJI GO 4 update dated 5/2/2018 version 4.2.14. You might try updating to that one.
Description
Capture the world from above. DJI GO 4 has been optimized for all of DJI's latest products. These include the Phantom 4 Series, Mavic Pro, and Inspire 2. It provides near real-time image transmission and camera settings adjustment, as well as editing and sharing of aerial imagery.

Features:
All-new Homepage and UI
Near Real-time HD Image Transmission
Camera Settings Adjustment
Updated playback interface
Updated Editor with improved UI
More templates and music tracks in Editor
Convenient video downloading, editing and sharing
Integrated live streaming
Near real-time flight data recording
2018-5-6
Use props
Kurtk
lvl.1

B1houdini Posted at 2018-5-6 12:02
There is another DJI GO 4 update dated 5/2/2018 version 4.2.14. You might try updating to that one.
Description
Capture the world from above. DJI GO 4 has been optimized for all of DJI's latest products. These include the Phantom 4 Series, Mavic Pro, and Inspire 2. It provides near real-time image transmission and camera settings adjustment, as well as editing and sharing of aerial imagery.

I did that update today but still the same issue unfortunately
2018-5-6
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

Kurtk Posted at 2018-5-6 12:10
I did that update today but still the same issue unfortunately

You did completely delete the GO 4 APP first??
If so, then  I hope someone has an answer for you.
Good luck.
2018-5-6
Use props
Kurtk
lvl.1
Belgium

Installed everything from scratch again. Did not help. Can I roll back to an earlier version of the app and/or firmware of the drone?
Is anyone at DJI aware of this problem? Thanks Houdini and Jeff for your help.
I'm taking the drone back to the store.
2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Kurtk Posted at 2018-5-8 01:49
Installed everything from scratch again. Did not help. Can I roll back to an earlier version of the app and/or firmware of the drone?
Is anyone at DJI aware of this problem? Thanks Houdini and Jeff for your help.
I'm taking the drone back to the store.

Kurtk, have you sent the drone in? If no, I suggest trying to update or refresh the latest firmware for the drone and reset the camera settings. If the issue persists, please kindly provide me with a video of this case and the screenshot of the firmware info (General Settings), I will forward to the engineers to confirm.
2018-5-13
Use props
Kurtk
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-13 23:11
Kurtk, have you sent the drone in? If no, I suggest trying to update or refresh the latest firmware for the drone and reset the camera settings. If the issue persists, please kindly provide me with a video of this case and the screenshot of the firmware info (General Settings), I will forward to the engineers to confirm.

I took the drone back to the store.
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Kurtk Posted at 2018-5-17 00:56
I took the drone back to the store.

Okay, hope you can get the things settled soon. If there is anything I can do, please feel free to let me know, I am glad to help.
2018-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules