Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI phantom4 firmware upgrade not seen in DJI go4 app
1463 16 2018-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HyRoProductions.com
Flight distance : 3251 ft

Hi,

I just download DJI Assistant 2. I was able to upgrade to latest firmware for aircraft.

When I turn on aircraft, my DJI Go4 app said I need to upgrade firmware. I click but it was all black screen, I cannot proceed beside go back.

I also refresh firmware again on assistant. Same result.

My DJI go4 app camera is also pixelate. So I cannot fly.
I have fresh DJI Assistant 2 installed & DJI go4 app updated.
Any idea why?
2018-5-6
Use props
HyRoProductions.com

See screenshot error.

Thanks.
2018-5-6
Use props
Jcrane84
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4600 ft

Mine is doing the exact same thing but without the bad camera.  Just can't update my rc
2018-5-6
Use props
Highview
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14423 ft
Germany

Jcrane84 Posted at 2018-5-6 13:41
Mine is doing the exact same thing but without the bad camera.  Just can't update my rc

Seems to be the same problem like mine:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Ddateline
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

For the firmware update issue, have you updated the RC? Please kindly check the firmware info on the General Settings, About. The latest firmware for the drone is v02.00.0700 and v1.9.3.0 for the RC.
If the drone and RC are running the latest firmware, please provide me with the mobile device and DJI GO 4 app version you are using, I would like to forward the case to the engineers to confirm.
For the pixelated issue, please check if there is interference around, like Bluetooth etc., check it on the HD settings. Try another place or switch the mobile device to aeroplane mode. See if helps.
2018-5-13
Use props
HyRoProductions
United States

I have the latest AC firmware.

I'm using my tablet, DJI GO4 v4.2.14 (583-googlePlay).
RC: I'm unable to start update for 1.8.0. I do not see 1.9.3 from the list. What I should I do next?

I'm frustrated now that I'm unable to fly my drone now.

2018-5-19
Use props
HyRoProductions
United States

I uninstall & install Go4. Same issue.
20180519_115405.jpg
2018-5-19
Use props
HyRoProductions
United States

As screenshot below. My RC lEd is red.

I haven't fixed my drone for the last 2 weeks.

What is wrong? Iam very frustrated at DJI firmware.
20180519_121758.jpg
20180519_121856.jpg
2018-5-19
Use props
FolsomKyle
United States

Well I guess I'm not alone. I don't fly my p4 that often and after getting it out for an event this week found it to be completely useless.  This was an expensive purchase. At one time everything worked. I would like to be able to go back to that configuration and freeze everything. I wonder if it isn't planned obsolescence on the part of dji to force us into buying new hardware. Oh, and my transmitter won't charge properly either(like countless others). The pushing out firmware that flat out harms so many users simply HAS GOT TO STOP!!!! I'll never buy another dji product.

Same situation: used assistant to update firmware on aircraft. go 4 still says update needed. transmitter firmware stuck at 1.6.0. Tried to update to 1.8.0 and fails time and time again. No usable video just green stripes.
2018-5-19
Use props
HyRoProductions
United States

@DJI

Can we get an engineering release to fix this firmware issue?

I'm frustrated that I cannot fly to capture my events for the past 2 weeks.
2018-5-19
Use props
FolsomKyle
United States

I was pretty angry when I wrote the post above. I think I'm going to have to break down and buy an ipad mini 4 and dedicate it solely to running dji go 4. I should mention I'm using a samsung galaxy s7 edge. used to work now it don't
2018-5-19
Use props
FolsomKyle
United States

Ok, here's a follow up.

Went over to best buy and $400 later came home with an ipad mini 4. loaded dji go 4 and successfully updated the rc firmware to 1.8.0. video still bad but noticed that now i was being prompted to do the v1.9.3.0 update. used assistant to verify the aircraft was at v02.00.0700. The result: success! The video feed was very good with low latency. So, I think the big stumbling block is that the android app is simply not able to complete the updates properly.

from what I can tell the charging issue is possibly due to bad soldering on the board. there are videos on youtube about it.
2018-5-19
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

FolsomKyle Posted at 2018-5-19 18:36
Ok, here's a follow up.

Went over to best buy and $400 later came home with an ipad mini 4. loaded dji go 4 and successfully updated the rc firmware to 1.8.0. video still bad but noticed that now i was being prompted to do the v1.9.3.0 update. used assistant to verify the aircraft was at v02.00.0700. The result: success! The video feed was very good with low latency. So, I think the big stumbling block is that the android app is simply not able to complete the updates properly.

The reason for the bad video link with V1.8.0, was that from aircraft firmware release 02.00.0106 released last July; that and future releases were dependant on the RC being up to at least V1.9.2 (with V1.9.3 being current).
2018-5-20
Use props
FolsomKyle
United States

So, I went back to my Android (galaxy s7) and gave it another try. Now that the rc firmware is up to date it appears to function. I didn't fly with it and after my previous experience with the app crashing continuously I'm going to stick with the ipad mini 4.

HyRoProductions, if you have access to an apple device that will run dji go 4, try using it to update the rc firmware. I can confirm that getting it updated will fix the problem. I flew with the ipad and it runs rock solid so you may want to consider switching to one.

DJI, please fix the problem with the Android app not being able to update to 1.8.0 and beyond. Also, please strongly consider adding functionality to DJI assistant to update the RC firmware.
2018-5-20
Use props
HyRoProductions
United States

@FolsomKyle,

I have to try on an iPad. Thanks.
2018-5-20
Use props
dposea
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18419 ft
United States

You may have to load a downgrade first, then DUI go 4 will recognize your RC firmware is out of date. This will only be necessary if a previous upgrade to 1.9.3 has failed. Looks like the version gets updated even if the full firmware did not get written.
2018-5-24
Use props
P4Flyer
lvl.1

United States

dposea@yahoo.co Posted at 2018-5-24 12:54
You may have to load a downgrade first, then DUI go 4 will recognize your RC firmware is out of date. This will only be necessary if a previous upgrade to 1.9.3 has failed. Looks like the version gets updated even if the full firmware did not get written.

Uninstall your Go file and find the apk file DJI GO 4 App Android: V4.1.22.  I used this ,, https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... o-4-4-1-22-release/

Install it and the RC  V.1.93 will pop up.  
2018-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules