Multiple Errors
796 5 2018-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joatnm
lvl.1

United States

Hi All!

I desperately need help. I have a regular P4. After the last controller firmware update my controller beeps constantly. It has a red and one white flashing light at the bottom of the controller. in the app it says my battery is low and needs to charge. The beeping only goes away if I have it plugged into the charger. I was still able to fly the uav normally for hours at a time and it seemed to charge up ok.

The beeping was affecting my concentration so I tried rolling back the firmware to before I had these issues. It wouldn't go back to the first option 1.8.0 so I tried the other two but now it is saying the firmware is inconsistant but it won't update because it thinks the controller battery is too low. The uav just flashes quick yellow and I have repeatedly tried to reconnect the controller to the uav. Still flashing yellow.

I have the most recent firmware on the uav itself but I keep getting another message from the app saying I need to update the uav firmware to the exact same version it already has. I even refreshed the firmware from the DJI Assistant 2 application from my computer, and I still got the same message.

Is there a way to factory reset the controller and/or force it to update to the current firmware version?

Please help!
2018-5-6
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

This is the Manual reset procedure for the RC.  "HERE"  . Just to check and make sure try doing a Stick calibration before you try the reset procedure. don't forget to turn the camera wheel and the exposure wheel to their fullest exstent too.
2018-5-6
Use props
joatnm
lvl.1

United States

Normn8or Posted at 2018-5-6 16:16
This is the Manual reset procedure for the RC.  "HERE"  . Just to check and make sure try doing a Stick calibration before you try the reset procedure. don't forget to turn the camera wheel and the exposure wheel to their fullest exstent too.

Thanks for the response. I tried the instructions at the above link. It didn't work. I tried it not plugged in. The controller just beeped and flashed red/white. It completely ignored pressing the three buttons. I plugged it in and the beeping/flashing stops. I press the buttons, the controller beeps D-DDD as shown, but it doesn't power down as advertised. The controller just went back to beeping/flashing as before. Any other methods to force update or reset?
2018-5-6
Use props
joatnm
lvl.1

United States

2018-5-14
Use props
joatnm
lvl.1

United States

2018-5-14
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

If you're still under warranty you better ship the RC in to DJI for rep/replacement, if not you still could get an offer for the rep or see here for a possible solution that seem to have worked for similar issues.

Best of luck to you.
2018-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules