Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Motor Current Error after May 2018 firmware update
43232 334 2018-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CanadaMark
lvl.2
Canada

I have about 6 batteries through my Air since the latest FW and thankfully I have not seen this issue, so I can confirm it is not affecting everyone, but a troubling error nonetheless especially if we are to ignore it until the FW is updated again.  

2018-5-22
Use props
iCharlie17
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51516 ft
Spain

If they’re taking that much time the least they could do in the meantime is downgrade the current firmware because this is a huge issue.
2018-5-22
Use props
Danny80
lvl.1
Switzerland

Nikolay S Donev Posted at 2018-5-22 12:57
The answer is to sell your drone till its new so you can buy a new one  I was so excited about the Air... now I watch it on my desk cuz I know it's not only a message....and they will say everything to keep the truth about it. They never thought there are some engineers here at the forum...software and hardware and they think they can lie to us about how small the issue is cuz they know you will go for another brand. How can a simple error become so hard to fix?

I don't agree. Problem is that in such companies, when there's a problem, they don't let the engineering staff speak directly and reply to your question. The persons who post informations are more a sort of press / social media officers which are more trained to talk to the big public.
The Mavic Air might have some minor issues but is a very young product, we can expect some flaws.
Those flaws will probably be corrected with the next FW upgrades. I believe DJI has no interest in selling bad products, to the contrary the make excellent drones, in my honest opinion.
I agree that maybe DJI could give quicker answer and clearly state whether the bug has been solved or not. You can do two things, either leave your drone in a corner or try to get an "official" clearance to fly it. Once DJI states that it's safe to fly it, you don't have to fear anything. If it crashes due to THAT single motor issue DJI will somehow be forced to repair or replace your machine.  I think  that a post in a forum cannot be taken as an official statement by DJI though...  Good luck !
2018-5-22
Use props
Crio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67713 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah... same here
Unexpectedly in various circumstances.
Also the motors gave pulsating sound when message appeared.
Disappeared after few seconds.
2018-5-22
Use props
Armazia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 125069 ft
Netherlands

Danny80 Posted at 2018-5-22 14:29
I don't agree. Problem is that in such companies, when there's a problem, they don't let the engineering staff speak directly and reply to your question. The persons who post informations are more a sort of press / social media officers which are more trained to talk to the big public.
The Mavic Air might have some minor issues but is a very young product, we can expect some flaws.
Those flaws will probably be corrected with the next FW upgrades. I believe DJI has no interest in selling bad products, to the contrary the make excellent drones, in my honest opinion.

Some people have stated their drone did crash after this warning and a bunch of other warnings probably. But still I think its safe to fly. I mean.. go into the simulator and pull the sticks 100% over there. For me this gives 8/10 times when taking off the same motor current error. I think this already says something about the software at this point..
Lets have a bit of patience shall we? It will be fixed as they stated..
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Armazia Posted at 2018-5-22 21:42
Some people have stated their drone did crash after this warning and a bunch of other warnings probably. But still I think its safe to fly. I mean.. go into the simulator and pull the sticks 100% over there. For me this gives 8/10 times when taking off the same motor current error. I think this already says something about the software at this point..
Lets have a bit of patience shall we? It will be fixed as they stated..

Hi Armazia, it is safe to fly, please don't worry. Our engineers will improve it in the next firmware version of the drone, just be patient to wait for the update, thank you so much for your support.
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Crio Posted at 2018-5-22 15:41
Yeah... same here
Unexpectedly in various circumstances.
Also the motors gave pulsating sound when message appeared.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. According to the engineers, it will be updated in the next firmware version of the drone. Meanwhile, it is safe to fly the drone, please don't worry.
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Armazia Posted at 2018-5-20 00:34
Hey there DIana,

Could you answer the question I asked earlier? I asked what birds are affected by this? In this thread we see lots of Mavic Airs. But how about the Mavic pro (platinum)? Thanks.

Hi, sorry to reply you late. Do you use the Mavic pro and it also has the same error message? If so, please show us a screenshot, I will confirm it for you with our engineers. Thanks!
2018-5-23
Use props
Armazia
lvl.3
Netherlands

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-23 00:23
Hi, sorry to reply you late. Do you use the Mavic pro and it also has the same error message? If so, please show us a screenshot, I will confirm it for you with our engineers. Thanks!

Diana,

I've checked my flight records, and couldn't find anything else as in Sport mode.
Note; This is a Mavic Pro Platinum

Check Post #84, there is someone who did report Motor current issue in GPS mode. Thanks for your attention.
2018-5-23
Use props
Armazia
lvl.3
Netherlands

After some more searching I found the error in GPS mode. See image.
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Armazia Posted at 2018-5-23 01:37
[view_image]

After some more searching I found the error in GPS mode. See image.

Hi, thank you for providing the photo. I'm not sure if it is the same issue with the Mavic air or not, I'd like to forward the flight log to our engineers for a check, could you please help to provide the related flight log? Thank you so much.
2018-5-23
Use props
fans8512f205
lvl.2
Italy

he Diana, it happened to me after the update. my drone has about 2 hours of flight, it's new. I was flying in very good conditions without wind and the message suddenly appeared. The drone returned home without any problem and I continued to fly it for 15 minute.  

pict

pict
2018-5-23
Use props
Armazia
lvl.3
Netherlands

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-23 01:53
Hi, thank you for providing the photo. I'm not sure if it is the same issue with the Mavic air or not, I'd like to forward the flight log to our engineers for a check, could you please help to provide the related flight log? Thank you so much.

I will try to make a log later this day. I would like to mention that the motor current issue also happens in the simulator. Most of the times directly after taking off with having both sticks up 100%.
2018-5-23
Use props
djiuser_XSAcwVhCgRkK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21388 ft

Hi,

Since this new update : no more wifi with Mavic Air, i cant connect it to my pc because dji assistant cant find it with usb.....

Mavic flew only  3 min ( no crash and brand new from february)  since i have it for testing and now it s out of order.... WHAT DJI DO ?

I contacted DJI NETHERLAND and still no answer.

DAMN  1000 euros for a toy
2018-5-23
Use props
Robogo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 73343 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-23 00:20
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. According to the engineers, it will be updated in the next firmware version of the drone. Meanwhile, it is safe to fly the drone, please don't worry.

Hi Diana,

Any word about the release date of the new firmware?

Kind regards,

Rob
2018-5-23
Use props
djiuser_Fia0XFl93oMT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13970 ft

djiuser_XSAcwVhCgRkK Posted at 2018-5-23 03:30
Hi,

Since this new update : no more wifi with Mavic Air, i cant connect it to my pc because dji assistant cant find it with usb.....

Hi, try to connect your Phone with the 2nd usb port on the remote controle. It did help me. Veel succes!
2018-5-23
Use props
Parkeway
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1534629 ft
United States

What's up fellas!

Add me to the list of "Motor Current Error" victims. Almost 11hrs on the Air with no hardware-related errors (other than compass calibration issues).

Anywho, ran out this evening on the new firmware (400) and got the error: Each time with the sticks in full tilt. When leveled, error goes away. Bird seems to fly just fine, although I have noticed a pronounced decrease in range. Used to get a solid 8000ft over water, now only 1500-2000 before interference starts ruining the party. Look forward to hearing from DJI on a fix! (Lasted DJIGo4 update as well iOS)

2018-5-23
Use props
PatrickM6348
New

I am also having these problems.  Flew the MA over water today, and that is when the message appeared. Made me pretty nervous.  Sent message to MA to "return to home", and it did.  Seemed to have trouble landing accurately. Usually my MA lands within a foot of where it took off, not now.  Now it is landing off of the landing mat I bought for it.  Hope you guys can fix this soon.   I've seen this message now three times in all!
2018-5-23
Use props
djiuser_XSAcwVhCgRkK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21388 ft

djiuser_Fia0XFl93oMT Posted at 2018-5-23 12:37
Hi, try to connect your Phone with the 2nd usb port on the remote controle. It did help me. Veel succes!

i don t have any problem with the remote...it seems MA briked  
No recognize on pc and the rear button is useless
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Armazia Posted at 2018-5-23 03:06
I will try to make a log later this day. I would like to mention that the motor current issue also happens in the simulator. Most of the times directly after taking off with having both sticks up 100%.

Noted with thanks, it has been forwarded to our engineers for a check. If there is an update, we'll let you know at the first time.
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Robogo Posted at 2018-5-23 11:57
Hi Diana,

Any word about the release date of the new firmware?

Hi Rob, sorry for the inconvenience. I do understand your concern, however, we have not got the exact information about when the new firmware will be released. Our engineers are struggling with it now, there will be an update soon, please be patient to wait for it. Thanks!
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Parkeway Posted at 2018-5-23 17:24
What's up fellas!

Add me to the list of "Motor Current Error" victims. Almost 11hrs on the Air with no hardware-related errors (other than compass calibration issues).

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Regarding the "motor current error" issue of the Mavic air, it has been forwarded to our engineers already, it will be updated in the next firmware version of the drone. Meanwhile, it is safe to fly the drone, please don't worry.
2018-5-23
Use props
ydanhil1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 433504 ft
Ukraine

Также произошла ошибка: Ошибка тока двигателя. Проверяйте винты и летайте с осторожностью.

чтение на других форумах, напишите его из-за новой прошивки .0400. На предыдущем такое не было, что делать, как летать сейчас. Некоторые пишут, что позже больше не было ошибок, другие гудели упали на землю после этой ошибки ...
Screenshot_20180524-103529.png
2018-5-23
Use props
Nikolay S Donev
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1290892 ft
Bulgaria

Danny80 Posted at 2018-5-22 14:29

And if i kill someone because of this failure? Who is going to replace him? DJI? That's why I am mad about it.
2018-5-24
Use props
amrey
lvl.2
Spain

Six batteries more and no problems at all. The MA like a champion.  I can,t stop flying.....
2018-5-24
Use props
Anton Funfly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1944606 ft

Same problem... But today the aircraft has not been stable I opened IMU for calibrate and ACC0 had the message "Data error".... After communication with DJI support (Hellas) i send it for check!!!

2018-5-24
Use props
AdrenalineRevolution
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9934 ft
United States

This was while in Simulator Mode on a brand new Pro Premium...
2018-5-24
Use props
amrey
lvl.2
Spain

Today in my first battery I have completely lost control......Thanks to RTH, the MA came back safely. It,s more dangerous than I thought. This time no messages.

Please ...Everybody is waiting for a new Firmware long time ago!!!
2018-5-25
Use props
SBasso
lvl.3

Malta

Honestly, I think is very disrespectful the way we are been treated!
The ADM says go out and fly when it's not real and any damage will not be covered by DJI

Just get the **** together and either release the new FW or let us Downgrade!
Almost a month that i cannot fly!

2018-5-25
Use props
fans78fd3598
New
Flight distance : 93323 ft

Same error happening to me with the updated firmware
2018-5-26
Use props
fans78fd3598
New
Flight distance : 93323 ft

Over current error has appeared on mine since the update as well
C594C85E-B9BA-451B-BB6E-0A390A194C0A.png
2018-5-26
Use props
Walleye
lvl.4

I was just about ready to purchase my first drone, a MA. I don’ t think that will happen anytime soon. DJI appears insensitive to the needs of the users/purchasers in this regards. If one purchases an expensive craft such as these drones and the latest upgrade is causing problems for numerous fliers, then it should be fixed ASAP and not merely addressed with meaningless platitudes. At the least, a timeline should be given not “ it will be fixed soon”.  I thought DJI had an excellent reputation but this is another major black eye. Get it together fast DJI!
2018-5-26
Use props
Mihail22
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43681 ft
Hong Kong

Same problem I've had in my last holiday and losing the signal at 100 m
Screenshot_20180527-152339-01.jpeg
2018-5-27
Use props
Parik
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1643773 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I got this error a few days back, I just swapped my propellers from front to back and back to front. Now the error is gone.  I did not get this error anymore.
2018-5-27
Use props
Cyril-Fr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106552 ft
France

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-23 00:20
Meanwhile, it is safe to fly the drone, please don't worry.

lol are you sure  ?

2018-5-27
Use props
Nikolay S Donev
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1290892 ft
Bulgaria

Daaaang...was it just the gimbal dancing or the whole drone got nuclear war inside it?
2018-5-27
Use props
amrey
lvl.2
Spain

another day without news update.....I'm really tired and disillusioned.
I know I'll keep flying until I lose it in the end.
More than a month already. It,s incredible!!
Leave the Mavic pro 2 and solve this!! More and more models for this???
2018-5-28
Use props
iCharlie17
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51516 ft
Spain

I can't believe they won't update for a month. The least thing DJI should do is to release the previous FW to let us downgrade.

I was going on a holiday trip this weekened and I'm scared to use my drone and have something gone wrong but i bought this thing in the first place to use it in events like this. So disappointed with my first drone experience and the support we're getting.
2018-5-28
Use props
Cyril-Fr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106552 ft
France

Nikolay S Donev Posted at 2018-5-27 12:52
Daaaang...was it just the gimbal dancing or the whole drone got nuclear war inside it?

It's the drone, you can found other mavic air in 0400 with the same "suicide bug" :

Same error for me on the DJI goggles "Max motor speed reached" .

Canno't fly since 1 month, too dangerous... DJI please, allow us to rollback ! 0400 is extremly dangerous.
2018-5-28
Use props
Armazia
lvl.3
Netherlands

Diana confirmed my Mavic Pro Platinum has the same issue as the Air. So for the Mavic pro users who encounter this problem should know this is the same Firmware issue as the Mavic Air. Should be fixed in next firmware.
2018-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules