Motor Current Error after May 2018 firmware update
43378 334 2018-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Armazia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 125069 ft
Netherlands

Diana confirmed my Mavic Pro Platinum has the same issue as the Air. So for the Mavic pro users who encounter this problem should know this is the same Firmware issue as the Mavic Air. Should be fixed in next firmware.
2018-5-29
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

What irritates me the most is that DJI, aware that this may have been the worst firmware ever released, should:

1) launch a firmware BETA in the first reports of problem
2) Release downgrade to version 0300 by DJI Assist

I just want to know what will happen to those who have had accidents because of the numerous reported flaws
2018-5-29
Use props
MIX_DP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50397 ft
Ukraine

The worst thing in all this - confirming that DJI didn't test firmware well before GO LIVE.
2018-5-29
Use props
darrc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5558 ft
Singapore

Up thread for awareness and hoping for official updates. The misinformation on the motor current is just that, but the .0400 firmware brought along many many glitches.

Avoid updating to .0400 firmware where possible. Maybe you be fine, but maybe not. I have absolutely no idea what are the ‘problem fixes’ listed in the .0400 and never heard of anyone experiencing those problems that were ‘fixed’ by the .0400 firmware.
2018-5-29
Use props
Nikolay S Donev
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1290892 ft
Bulgaria

Armazia Posted at 2018-5-29 03:40
Diana confirmed my Mavic Pro Platinum has the same issue as the Air. So for the Mavic pro users who encounter this problem should know this is the same Firmware issue as the Mavic Air. Should be fixed in next firmware.

but when...
2018-5-29
Use props
Nikolay S Donev
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1290892 ft
Bulgaria

Cyril-Fr Posted at 2018-5-28 22:07
It's the drone, you can found other mavic air in 0400 with the same "suicide bug" : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCyvdT3haLU

Same error for me on the DJI goggles "Max motor speed reached" .

2018-5-29
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

iCharlie17 Posted at 2018-5-28 13:38
I can't believe they won't update for a month. The least thing DJI should do is to release the previous FW to let us downgrade.

I was going on a holiday trip this weekened and I'm scared to use my drone and have something gone wrong but i bought this thing in the first place to use it in events like this. So disappointed with my first drone experience and the support we're getting.

I've never had an issue with an update to any of my DJI products.......until now.  I've had the motor current error, the yaw issue, drifting, you name it.  This thing has a mind of it's own and it's frustrating to fly.  I simply cannot use it as a video/photographic platform for now.  It won't fly again until there's an update, and the length of time it's taking suggests to me that they are dealing with multiple issues.  I'm sure they'll get it sorted out, they always do, but it is hard to remain patient.
2018-5-31
Use props
Skarshaug
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106545 ft

I experience this error message frequently. And on today's incident the drone started drifting when I got the error message. This can't just be an faulty application message!!
2018-6-1
Use props
Skarshaug
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106545 ft

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl434wpzW4Q

Watch this video. It clearly shows my drone drifting without me touching the sticks, when I get the error message. Fast forward to 0:50. Now DJI, still just an app error?!?!
2018-6-2
Use props
amrey
lvl.2
Spain

Speechless,,,,,,,
2018-6-2
Use props
Cyril-Fr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106552 ft
France

We can found more and more video like that on youtube and DJI do nothing... @DJI Just add 0300 rollback available on Assistant please...
2018-6-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Danny80 Posted at 2018-5-22 14:29
I don't agree. Problem is that in such companies, when there's a problem, they don't let the engineering staff speak directly and reply to your question. The persons who post informations are more a sort of press / social media officers which are more trained to talk to the big public.
The Mavic Air might have some minor issues but is a very young product, we can expect some flaws.
Those flaws will probably be corrected with the next FW upgrades. I believe DJI has no interest in selling bad products, to the contrary the make excellent drones, in my honest opinion.

... they don't let the engineering staff speak directly and reply to your question. The persons who post informations are more a sort of press / social media officers which are more trained to talk to the big public.

There is good reason for that.  Corporate Engineers tend to blurt out things and be far to blunt to deal directly with customers.  It is not that they are bad people, its they are used to speaking their mind, and rarely can you do that with customers.  

Corporate Engineers also tend to talk over heads of even customers with math and science degrees, because Corporate Engineers are usually highly specialized.

2018-6-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

amrey Posted at 2018-6-2 03:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbl-F1w10hE

Looks like you might have a gimbal problem, might be a good idea to calibrate IMU and gimbal.
2018-6-2
Use props
amrey
lvl.2
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-2 23:55
Looks like you might have a gimbal problem, might be a good idea to calibrate IMU and gimbal.

I,ve done many times. The same problem...
I think it's a rth problem.
When it loses signal and enters the RTH this happens sometimes
I,m enjoying with my racing drones again. My first and last DJI product.
2018-6-3
Use props
Peyeinthesky
New
Flight distance : 214288 ft

I had the same problem with my Mavic Pro Platinum, but in my case it resulted in a lost drone. On my first flight this month, immediately after a firmware update, the drone began behaving erratically immediately after takeoff, spitting out motor current errors, and barely reacting to controller inputs. I tried to land it but instead of a soft descent it did a hard touchdown and bounced right back off the ground. I hoped to do a go-around to try to land again, but by then the drone was completely unresponsive. It flew off into the distance, weaving, bobbing, and repeatedly changing altitude. It ignored multiple “return to home” commands from the app. Eventually I lost visual contact with it and the drone lost GPS signal. I searched for it for an hour near its last recorded location but with no luck. Heartbreaking. I can’t believe that a firmware update could result in a lost drone. I’ve contacted DJI, synced my flight records, and am waiting for their response. Be careful flying with the new firmware update!
2018-6-3
Use props
amrey
lvl.2
Spain

Today.....another attempt with everything calibrated
Is there someone from DJI here? Look at this!!!  It,s normal, of course ........

I,m a very angry customer...

But does anyone really care?
2018-6-4
Use props
Split-Second
lvl.2

Same problems here after updating to .400 (before this update nu trouble whatsoever)
Directly after takeoff a left yaw turn of 45°, can't fly in a straight line.... it drifts left and right.
Can't make any videos like this.. please fix this asap !
2018-6-5
Use props
Cyril-Fr
lvl.2
France

DJI please allow a rollback to 0300. All mavic air community ask for it. PLEASE !
2018-6-5
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3563 ft
  • >>>
Germany

#45 2018 5-9
Dear Diana at 9th of May you proposed THERE WILL BE AN UPDATE SOON!!!
We all with heavy problems all over the world wait for that...daily!!!
When it will come..please tell us...now nearly 1 month later....
Best Regards from germany
2018-6-5
Use props
Lifescaner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3091 ft
Germany

Is anyone from DJI out there ?

I think that our firmware problem is not a problem for DJI.
2018-6-6
Use props
amrey
lvl.2
Spain

Mavic Air or....Karma Air
2018-6-6
Use props
Cyril-Fr
lvl.2
France

DJI not answer by mail not by technical support, and not on the forum.. First and last DJI product for me.
2018-6-7
Use props
kanz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 222700 ft
Chile

same here, any news abaut this problem?
2018-6-8
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Lifescaner Posted at 2018-6-6 00:10
Is anyone from DJI out there ?

I think that our firmware problem is not a problem for DJI.

I think this is par for the course...

Seems that because DJI is a private company, they are entitled to keep quiet and not make any statements on any issues their products face, as has been put forward by other members here on the board.

I'm almost thinking it's time for a social media campaign to shine more light on them, like was done when DJI's software was caught leaking user data to China without our consent! That's when they finally changed gears and implemented some changes and a public statement.
2018-6-8
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

Adding my self to this thread as I got the error last night. Very scary stuff.
2018-6-8
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Asainz320 Posted at 2018-6-8 07:46
Adding my self to this thread as I got the error last night. Very scary stuff.

With your Mavic Pro?
2018-6-8
Use props
Dustin1141
lvl.1
Flight distance : 917877 ft
Canada

I'm joining this list because I too am getting the "motor current error" on my Mavic Air. I messaged support today and they told me to refresh my firmware on the DJI assistant 2 app and if the problem persists then i'd have to wait until the next firmware update. I asked about when that would be released and they had no answer for that. Hopefully soon!
2018-6-8
Use props
amrey
lvl.2
Spain

Six batteries more and no problem at all. A mile  away  with a strong signal and no error engine messages......

Sometimes it does it and sometimes it does not.......
I keep flying because I can,t stop flying!
2018-6-8
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Dustin1141 Posted at 2018-6-8 11:54
I'm joining this list because I too am getting the "motor current error" on my Mavic Air. I messaged support today and they told me to refresh my firmware on the DJI assistant 2 app and if the problem persists then i'd have to wait until the next firmware update. I asked about when that would be released and they had no answer for that. Hopefully soon!

Sounds like DJI's typical response, go do something that won't solve anything just to waste the owner's time, and not know anything else, and take ages to release a fix...

Keep your chin up mate, hopefully we'll get this fixed sometime this year!
2018-6-8
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

LOL! No, with my Mavic Air.
2018-6-8
Use props
SeanGalbraith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 891404 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Me too. Returned home ok and I was able to continue flying without the message popping up again.

2018-6-8
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Asainz320 Posted at 2018-6-8 13:47

Oops, sorry about that, didn't see the MA badge in your info!
2018-6-8
Use props
cspain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

They're busy with the Mavic II...
2018-6-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
Netherlands

cspain Posted at 2018-6-10 14:50

How about we say - They're busy with things other than antiquated, ho-hum, dated, blase, archaic, passé Mavics ...

2018-6-10
Use props
Armazia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 125069 ft
Netherlands

Asainz320 Posted at 2018-6-8 13:47

Mavic Pro does have the problem, only not the drifting and stuff. Just motor current error.

Remote controller calibration did reduce the amount of showing the error tho.
2018-6-10
Use props
VooDooZG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Croatia

So today is 12.06 it is over a month that you did not solve this BIG problem You made - so you ( DJI ) could at least give us free D-log ( for Video with D-cinelike )  upgrade in option on Air with that next fw with fixed all of problem we have atm ..
2018-6-12
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

So yesterday I took my testing MA unit up into the air to see what has been changed in DJI GO 4 4.2.20 on iOS, and also just to see how it performs in general.

I got the Motor Current Error on a full-throttle, full-speed decent in P-mode in an empty field with only a 6-10KM/h crosswind.

On the second flight, I got the Max Motor Speed error in S-mode at an altitude of 10m with similar wind speeds.

The MA didn't act out of sorts on either error however, thankfully! But having seen what can happen when these errors occur, I still don't trust the drone.

DJI, when are you going to get your thumb out of your behind and at the very least issue a public statement?!?!

Your silence is a JOKE!!!
2018-6-12
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-8 21:40
Oops, sorry about that, didn't see the MA badge in your info!

I have no idea why the Mavic Air is not showing. Maybe because it was already activated because I bought it from someone else.
2018-6-12
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Just checked over my logs on AirData.com from the flight, and also got this message:

Not Enough Force/ESC Error (repeated 29 times)

This was just after I switched to Sport mode. Never got this error, and this is on the new, second MA I picked up for testing, which is going back this week...

Has anyone gotten this error before?
2018-6-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-12 07:48
So yesterday I took my testing MA unit up into the air to see what has been changed in DJI GO 4 4.2.20 on iOS, and also just to see how it performs in general.

I got the Motor Current Error on a full-throttle, full-speed decent in P-mode in an empty field with only a 6-10KM/h crosswind.

They already have spoken out more than 15 times on this motor current thread, they said it is safe to fly and will be fixed in the next FW release.
It’s exactly the same as wind warning in Mavic Pro and everyone still flying that craft.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=147267&pid=1369396&fromuid=260008
2018-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules